Malifaux Demo - Hastings, UK - November 2015

JamesFlames

Hi All,

We have a vibrant and growing community of Malifaux players down here on the South-East Coast! If you are in the Hastings/Bexhill area, and you want to play, please let me know. I am more than happy to demo the game and have plenty of models so you won't need to bring anything.

I will almost always be available at 1066 Wargaming Club on Thursday evenings from 7 'til 11. This is a large club at West St Leonards Social Club, 130 Bexhill Road, St Leonards on Sea. There are plenty of Malifaux players so games are easy to arrange. Find us on Facebook to see what is going on.

Hi Jondoe. Every couple of months we have a Henchman Hardcore tournament as the size of game makes it easy to fit 3 games each into an evening. We have had about 4 of these so far and generally have about 10 players. We just finished a Rapid Growth league which was played over 2 months and had about 18 players for that. I generally post here about the events but it often easier to see what we have planned on our FB page. Malifaux is played more or less every week at the club so, if you ever want a game, let me know.

The club sometimes hosts all day events which are either about 40k or a dual game event of Warmahordes & X-Wing. We also have a big Guildball event coming up in the new year. I would like to do a Malifaux all-dayer sometime but this is complicated by the fact that, to cover the rent on the club site, we would need to run a dual game event and most of the Malifaux players also play other skirmish games. WH and X-Wing in particular are played to a very competitive standard at the club so Malifaux has naturally become a more laid back game that we try to make as accommodating for newbies and veterans alike without the mini-maxing and aggression that sometimes crops up with the other main games. 

Well there is a number of players in the south east (Canterbury and thanet) who would be interested in an event I reckon. Plus the London mob 

Will keep a look out if an event does comes up.

Not trying to start a debate, but the malifaux tournament community sees hardly any if not none of what you describe about the other games at a tournament level.

That's a comment from experience at a lot of differnent levels of event (within malifaux)

Edited by jondoe297
  • Like 1

My description is based purely on the way different games are played within the 1066 Club. I'm sure that the national/regional meta is different, but in Hastings some games are played in a more aggressive way than others. There are a handful of games where the players spend a lot of time honing their lists to take to big tournaments, and these games are often slightly less newbie friendly as a result. Malifaux has slipped into the category of being a more relaxed game because that is what the local players want it to be.

Saying that, we have a lot of new players who have only started to play over the last few months, so the local meta might well change as they get more experienced! 

Either way, we still gather every Thursday evening and have a lot of fun playing, so you are very welcome to come along and play some games.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...