Any minis on the horizon or suggestions for proxies?

I received DCR yesterday and first off, it has to be one of my favourite and most pleasantly surprising boardgame purchases of the last couple of years (and sadly, I buy quite a few!), the production and artwork are just beautiful. The circular board is just fantastic.

And so when I sit here and ask if there's any chance there might be a range of minis to follow (both human, spirit and winds) then it's not from a standpoint of being at all disappointed with the standees that are supplied as they are perfectly good as they are.

However, y'know - you're Wyrd and I play 'faux - I'm a slut for a good mini and the artwork for the central characters in DCR is just so in keeping with the v2 artwork for 'faux that it feels like something might be brewing?

I'm wracking my noodles trying to figure if there any proxies that might fit in from the existing 'faux range and so far, the Monks of Low River and maybe even Ronin at a push (Yeah - maybe not!) spring to mind.

Congrats on a great job though chaps!

• Like 1

I'll certainly toss my two cents at this... I'd love to see DCR miniatures. The artwork is fantastic and Wyrd miniatures are some of the best in the business. Seeing DCR characters made into miniatures would certainly make me break out my wallet without reservation.

• Like 3

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

You guys are acting like any of these things are new news :P Everyone would love for Wyrd to continue making new and stunning mini's.

I'd assume it's rather much simply a matter of Wyrd having time in their production schedule, or perhaps the sales numbers for DcR?, that would be tipping their hand.

It's not like Nathan doesn't like to make random minis for his own amusement (See: Tortoise and the Hare).

Since you mentioned the Tortoise and the Hare, the Twisted Alternatives line would be a great method of bringing the DCR minis to reality. In this way Wyrd would be able to cross-market them to DCR, Malifaux and TtB, expanding the retail appeal.

In fact if Nathan is reading this (which he likely might) a Twisted Alternatives box influenced by the Hills Have Eyes movies could be interesting. The models could be alternatives for the December Acolyte and Silent Ones with the TtB story focusing on a group of cannibals harassing a newly opened and potentially productive Soulstone mine or perhaps this is an isolated enclave of the first Earthside Visitors to Malifaux (from the time before the closing). I am sure the Guild would love to interview them, if they could be brought back.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...
On 7/20/2017 at 2:14 AM, Lucidicide said:

We announced at GAMA that we are working on DCR minis and an expansion, so have no fear! 

I actually came here to ask this and since it appears there is already some time between posts I hope you don't mind me raising this one from the beyond if it keeps everything in one place. Did something become of this other than the print on demand expansion? Meaning if miniatures were in production at some point. eBay comes out dry at least, as does BGG.

Else, any miniatures from your other lines that would work? 

• 4 weeks later...

I endorse the thread necro for this. Miniatures for this game would be awesome to paint. and while we're at it...I would like to see the expansion released in a proper box, maybe with somemore content, instead of thru drivethru (not that I have anything against Drivethru, just it doesn't feel like a real release to me).

• 1 month later...

The cards from DriveThru were actually pretty good.

The unfortunate part was that the rest of the components like the Purity token and the characters and the character sheets still have to be printed elsewhere and glued to cardboard or so. Rulebook too. I would gladly buy an full officially printed release as well.