November promotion question

So I typically buy my Malifaux minis from Miniature Market. However I live close enough that I actually go there and buy them. They run the transaction as an online order Plus whatever retail stuff I might get. So the receipt I get looks more like the online invoice you get in the mail with your package. Just wondering if said receipt would count for the November promotion (in November of course) because I really want that red Bete. 

This is my first post so I apologize if this isn't the proper place for this. 

So I typically buy my Malifaux minis from Miniature Market. However I live close enough that I actually go there and buy them. They run the transaction as an online order Plus whatever retail stuff I might get. So the receipt I get looks more like the online invoice you get in the mail with your package. Just wondering if said receipt would count for the November promotion (in November of course) because I really want that red Bete. 

This is my first post so I apologize if this isn't the proper place for this. 

Does it have a brick and mortar store where you can go and peruse the product on display and if you so choose come with friends and play the game at tables, etc? If so, yes. If not, then no. The intent is for support of true local gaming stores and the social and local groups that they can bring in and cater to. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Miniature Market is a brick and mortar store. They do sell minis in the store. I would think that it would count, as long as you don't order it online. A bunch of people from the St. Louis area are planning to go to the Malifaux Gaining Grounds Tournament there, December 5th. I would think Miniature Market would count, as long as you bought it in store. Good question though, Squeeler.

I too have a question regarding the promotion. One of the local stores I like to purchase my Malifaux from isn't set up to do itemized receipts. Is it acceptable to submit a receipt next to the products which I purchased?

I was trying to find something else, and found the more detailed terms of the promotion on:  http://www.wyrd-games.net/retailers

Spend $60 or more

A customer that spends 60USD or more on Wyrd product during the promotion can e-mail us a copy of their receipt to receive a free miniature. 

Limit 1 reward per person. US and international eligible. The receipt must be printed, contain the entire 60USD purchase, must show product or SKU code, the date of the purchase, and an address for store. Absolutely no hand written receipts. Stores may be contacted to verify the purchase. Local currencies accepted, but must equal a 60USD value. Rewards will be mailed the following month and chosen at random from the promotion. Wyrd is not responsible for failed deliveries. No exceptions; this is a special limited time promotion.

There have been reports of Wyrd being lenient about those terms, and doing things like accepting $60 worth of stuff over multiple purchases, though.

While we're asking questions.. I assume it's not an issue, but when I went and made my purchase for this Month's promo, it happened to be the day my FLGS got in my Shenlong box for special order.

I checked out with it and looked down and thought, "For some reason I expected a higher total."  And then I remembered I wanted to buy $60+ for the promo, so I submitted a picture with both receipts, with a 5 minute difference it took for me to go pick out the other item and get back to paid again :P.  I'm fairly sure it shouldn't be an issue, but if it is I would like to know.

My store has a customer rewards program where for every X you spend there, you get a gift certificate. If I buy $60 or more of Wyrd stuff (they sell at MSRP), but turn in a bunch of certificates, will that cause any complications?

It shouldn't, as long as it shows on the receipt.

While we're asking questions.. I assume it's not an issue, but when I went and made my purchase for this Month's promo, it happened to be the day my FLGS got in my Shenlong box for special order.

I checked out with it and looked down and thought, "For some reason I expected a higher total."  And then I remembered I wanted to buy $60+ for the promo, so I submitted a picture with both receipts, with a 5 minute difference it took for me to go pick out the other item and get back to paid again :P.  I'm fairly sure it shouldn't be an issue, but if it is I would like to know.

I think they've used two receipts in the past, so I'd submit it.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi!

I still using same post, because is also relationated wich november promo.

Is just because i sent a mail asking for that 28 nov, and fullfilled the forms 1dec, but didn´t received any e-mail answering, just confirmation.

Just wonder to know if that is because the black friday weekend everyone had been busy (something very aceptable) or i have to not wait any response, and everything is going to be automatically done until i receive the promos.

thanks!

• Like 1

Not to piggy back as you all have your hands full, but again, my FLGS does not do paper receipts.  I have a screen shot of the product and the screen on their computer, but that is it.  I could get a print out of the screen, but it is essentially the game thing.  If there is any more needed, who would I contact?

You know - I spent very, very little on printers and receipt paper for our POS systems for conventions, I'm willing to bet retailers should be looking into something along those lines as well. Not being snarky in the least, just I'm a bit flummoxed by the amount of folks that state their FLGS doesn't follow a standard business practice of giving out receipts. It's a business, not a sideline hobby, or shouldn't be.  

Have them print out their equivalent of a receipt. 

• Like 1

You know - I spent very, very little on printers and receipt paper for our POS systems for conventions, I'm willing to bet retailers should be looking into something along those lines as well. Not being snarky in the least, just I'm a bit flummoxed by the amount of folks that state their FLGS doesn't follow a standard business practice of giving out receipts. It's a business, not a sideline hobby, or shouldn't be.  

Have them print out their equivalent of a receipt. 

I can see what I can do and re-submit it.

Thanks!

Honestly, that just amazes me. There is a LOT of small company POS systems out there, or software which uses a laptop or computer and any regular printer, and I'm just amazed folks are happy to do without. Hell, our first Gencon ... waaaay back in the day, miniatures only, half booth, we did a cash box. It was horrible - worked out for us - but wasn't fun. Next time about we bought a system. Small, janky, but it worked. Hell the ones we use now work off Ipads. 

What I want to know is how do they keep inventory or books? Can't be easy, and paperwork involving either inventory or money is the quickest way to go out of business if you don't have either of those two in hand at any given time.

Honestly, that just amazes me. There is a LOT of small company POS systems out there, or software which uses a laptop or computer and any regular printer, and I'm just amazed folks are happy to do without. Hell, our first Gencon ... waaaay back in the day, miniatures only, half booth, we did a cash box. It was horrible - worked out for us - but wasn't fun. Next time about we bought a system. Small, janky, but it worked. Hell the ones we use now work off Ipads. 

What I want to know is how do they keep inventory or books? Can't be easy, and paperwork involving either inventory or money is the quickest way to go out of business if you don't have either of those two in hand at any given time.

I shop at the same store bought a few things including Malifaux products and I have never gotten a receipt even when ask for one.

They have a pretty good grip on their inventory.  They just do not do receipts.  They have been in business for 15 plus years and are a great store.