October 19th - October Chronicles

Lucidicide

Kinda a little disappointed the Female doctor isn't an alt sebastian. I really like the special edition models being one of the models that can't be bought outside a starter. Sebastian wasn't very good last edition and I didn't like the model, so when I got my McMorning stuff I didn't get the box and skipped him, and only got my Nurses because I managed to get a Miss Pack off someone I introduced to the game, and bought one of the nurses from the base pack off a friend because I liked her model. So being able to get a new Sebastian is kinda tricky right now, and I know that the similar models in other boxes being available separately is a common request.

Very much liking all the alternate sculpts, and love the focus on those models that can't be bought outside the starters normally.

Really fond of the new Firestarter.  Also fond of Francisco, but I thought the scale looked a little small when we saw it before.  MsMourning looks great, but the style doesn't wow me any more than normal.  Not sure which of them I'd put effort/money into buying, but excited to see which ones I can get by spending just a bit more on Black Friday.... :)

Francisco is nicer than the regular model. I like the more stately pose.

Barbie, I don't know, will have to see the render.

I definitely prefer Dr. Dufresne over McMourning, he looks too silly for me. Not feeling any real desire to play hir though, and if I did I'd like Sebastian and stupid dog as well, but not more Nurses...

I like the regular Firestarter and I can't tell from the art if this will be better. Though I fear the jet pack and flame throwers will have plastic effects coming from them, which I'm generally adverse too.

The limited model I'd really like to buy is TtB Hannah though, it's so much better looking than the regular release. I know I have said nice things about the regular Hannah in the past, but for every assembled and painted model I see the more I dislike it.

• Like 1

Also is it just me or does there seem to be a lot of LGS promotions this past year of the spend x and send in your receipt variety, about 1 every 2 months. I think there have been to many and am curious on why there are so many.

It is not hard for me to spend 60 on wyrd ever.

Having a healthy FLGS is very important to the health of a game. If the game isn't sold in stores where people unfamiliar with it can find it, they aren't very likely to pick it up. And it's much harder to convince people it's a healthy game that has enough interest if they can't just walk over to the shelf and point at the cool box they should pick up. Not to mention internet retailers offer heavy competition to a FLGS due to the discounts, so any help they can get is probably appreciated.

I know I've purchased 99% of my Malifaux stuff online. If there had been more of these in-store promotions when I was first buying, I would have transitioned more of my purchases to my FLGS. Which is sorta the intent.

Also is it just me or does there seem to be a lot of LGS promotions this past year of the spend x and send in your receipt variety, about 1 every 2 months. I think there have been to many and am curious on why there are so many.

Having a healthy FLGS is very important to the health of a game. If the game isn't sold in stores where people unfamiliar with it can find it, they aren't very likely to pick it up. And it's much harder to convince people it's a healthy game that has enough interest if they can't just walk over to the shelf and point at the cool box they should pick up. Not to mention internet retailers offer heavy competition to a FLGS due to the discounts, so any help they can get is probably appreciated.

I know I've purchased 99% of my Malifaux stuff online. If there had been more of these in-store promotions when I was first buying, I would have transitioned more of my purchases to my FLGS. Which is sorta the intent.

I am the opposite, I have seen multiple stores close because of shopping from online vendors so I do 99% of my shopping at one of the LGS near me, often splitting it across those I game at. I generally only order online for Gen Con and Black Friday and try not to order more than I need to for the free mini, prioritizing those models I do not know the release date for or the exclusives.

I am the opposite, I have seen multiple stores close because of shopping from online vendors so I do 99% of my shopping at one of the LGS near me, often splitting it across those I game at. I generally only order online for Gen Con and Black Friday and try not to order more than I need to for the free mini, prioritizing those models I do not know the release date for or the exclusives.

Most people will shop for the cheapest, rather than doing it like you do. What you're doing is important, Wyrd is just trying to encourage that. When I first got into Malifaux, I never played at a FLGS and therefore felt no loyalty to them. It was only later when I started playing at the shop that I started spending any money there. Unfortunately I already owned most of the Malifaux stuff released by that point, so it's mostly been limited to paint, glue and things like that.

I've been hoping that doctor would be made into a model since her first art came out (and for a way to get Barbaros)!

Thanks Wyrd!

Now hopefully it will be a spend X, pick 2 of the 4. Spend Y, get all 4 deal.

I hope that they offer a few currently unreleased things if they continue with that scheme though, some of us already have a lot of stuff (or all of it to be brutally honest). I know, first world problems and all. I'm holding off buying anything this month to try and help with getting to dollar thresholds during Black Friday, but since I overbought at Gencon, even that's only a few things.