terraclips, mdf, and glue

VermillionSand

out of curiosity, has anybody experimented with gluing the terraclips ground panels to mdf?

the assembly time is slightly prohibitive and the idea of gluing panels down to 1.5 sq fr mdf came up as an easy fix.

The connectors would not be on the parts glued down, and i'm aware there would be gaps, so any advise on that would be also appreciated.

Between the two of them, I've only used Aleen's ClearGlue Tacky Glue on the terraclips pieces, and stuff like Elmer's WoodGlue Max on the MDF boards.  But, my brother had a big set of terraclips that got tired of putting together and taking apart.  If I was going to glue his sections together, I'd put the sections together using the connectors and use something like ClearGlue to bind everything together.

Were you looking for suggestions involving hardware store glues?  ;)

Oh, no, I misread your first post.  I thought you were planning on taking a bunch of terraclips stuff, and building them into permanent buildings and arrangements.  That's why I'd be using the connectors--if you're going to need a set of building walls held at right angles, you might as well just use the right angle plastic joints to do it.

If you're just putting down tiles to cover an MDF sheet, then you probably don't need the connectors, and you'd probably want to leave them out so that the tiles were flush on the MDF anyway. 

ah.  the buildings and such id likely glue together just to speed up the setup process.  even if they'd clash with the plasticraft terrain I have, its still terrain for the home group to use.

i'd love advice on making those static structures, so glue advice still welcome.

plus whatever glue you'd suggest for that may be what id need to use on gluing the floor panels down.

If you want a permanent base then I might recommend something other than using the Terraclips pieces (which are a lot more difficult to get your hands on). It is really a waste to sacrifice the two sided tiles for only one side of use. Instead I would recommend purchasing one of the sets from World Works Games and printing what you want on to full sheet label pages. This way you can create what ever base you want and then save the Terraclips pieces for adding elevations/ levels to it later. You get the added benefit of being able to create unique pieces to supplement the Terraclips lines.

Another option is to purchase a pre-made vinyl or neoprene mat from a company like F.A.T. Mats.

• Like 2