You stance on filthy rezzers

Adding to something someone said two years ago when the game was in a completely different state can however get really confusing since people will read older threads and think they represent current opinions and rules. I think I posted this subject after someone had reopened a rules debate that had led to an FaQ answer and quoted someone having the "losing" opinion as some sort of idiot who couldn't read FaQs. That sort of thing can be avoided if people look at the timestamps on posts.

But at the same time, if enough people had a question where they needed an FAQ entry, then some "idiot" which hasn't noticed the FAQ and sees an unresolved thread from 2 years ago is very reasonable to post on that thread. If you add a link to the FAQ at the end and establish that the thread is resolved, then that "idiot" is able to benefit from the thread, even if they don't post.

If sticking with the resurrection analogy, dead threads need tombstones so people know when they are dead.

Besides, I come from playing 40k, which is well known for their useless FAQs. I do think the FAQ for Malifaux is pretty solid, but my default will always be asking a player. Besides, you play the game with players, and the players ultimately decide if they want to use the FAQ (or any other rules). FAQs are useful to see the writers/company's intentions with a rule, but they don't force people to follow rules.

Adding to something someone said two years ago when the game was in a completely different state can however get really confusing since people will read older threads and think they represent current opinions and rules. I think I posted this subject after someone had reopened a rules debate that had led to an FaQ answer and quoted someone having the "losing" opinion as some sort of idiot who couldn't read FaQs. That sort of thing can be avoided if people look at the timestamps on posts.

But at the same time, if enough people had a question where they needed an FAQ entry, then some "idiot" which hasn't noticed the FAQ and sees an unresolved thread from 2 years ago is very reasonable to post on that thread. If you add a link to the FAQ at the end and establish that the thread is resolved, then that "idiot" is able to benefit from the thread, even if they don't post.

If sticking with the resurrection analogy, dead threads need tombstones so people know when they are dead.

Besides, I come from playing 40k, which is well known for their useless FAQs. I do think the FAQ for Malifaux is pretty solid, but my default will always be asking a player. Besides, you play the game with players, and the players ultimately decide if they want to use the FAQ (or any other rules). FAQs are useful to see the writers/company's intentions with a rule, but they don't force people to follow rules.

I'm sorry. I think you misread what i meant, I might not have been crystal clear. I'm not calling anyone an idiot, I meant that someone had ressed a thread replying to something I had said over a year earlier and asking me if I couldn't read or something similar.

As I said in the same post I have gained a better understanding of why people respond to old threads and think it is legitimate to do so. You took out that part of the post when you quoted me. 

I see this forum as a living thing. I don't go back and finish up old threads but instead jump into new discussions. I see pull my finger as the place to go for research and the forums as a place to discuss whatever people are into discussing right now. It is apparent that others use this forum in another way and those people are free to do so. I would love it if someone did a little summary at the end of every discussion but a lot of the time it sort of just dies out. You have my full support if you feel like doing that since it would probably help a lot of people.

• Like 1

Bookmark this thread... check,

Wait 6 months...

"Rise thread, Rise!"

Mwhahaha!

No, just kidding.  I dunno, sometimes there's a tidbit of info on an old thread that I would not have found if someone hadn't posted on it to bring it back to the top of the pile.  But it's a forum, and it's not like people to complain about something so small and stupid on the internet, right?

And Rezers don't have too many stances, they have pushes...  Arcanist Metal Gamins do the stance thing...

Also; I'm Irish and a Rezer! ;)

I suspect it's more newcomers to the forums, who look for the things they want to ask. They then feel the need to add something, not realizing that the thread is half a year old.

I do love the joking comments and camraderie usually drifting around threads in general around here. 

Yeah, I like to read through old threads as well. It was a really welcoming place to be. Felt like some kind of extended family to me.

One of the best things about this game is the community, when I first showed up on here a few months back I got a plethora of great people answering all my questions and then some. Compared to certain other wargames the Malifaux forums are full of great people.