October 5th - Guild Autopsy

Lucidicide

It's quite good. Better than the very very bland sculpts that has been released for a while now and I'm glad to see direction is changing. 

Damnit Wyrd! I'm perfectly fine with my metal models. Stop making the plastics so cool.

If you are perfectly fine with your metal models then you probably should be okay.

But it looks so awesome! How can I not buy it?

I like that he is bloated because corpse bloat is a legitimate concern among the dead...

I know a song about that!

But yeah, a very cool render - I like it a lot!

Sing me the song of your people, Math Mathonwy!

~Lil Kalki

Well, County Medical Examiners have the catchily named song nh2,(ch2)4nh&c5,h14,n2 (Putrescine & Cadfaverine) whose lyrics go like this:

Putrescine and cadaverine
The pungent twins of putridity
Colorless and syrupy
Biogenic amines...
Vapor of ornithine
The stench of death visits me
In the morgue laboratory...
(Perfume of rot...heady, thick and hot)
Brothers in liquidity
Fuming stench of carcass stink
Noisome gas, fetid glee...
Ambassadors of ripened reek
Breaking down dead protein
Egressing odors miasmically...
(Sickening stink...makes watering eyes blink)
These dual chemical compounds, released shortly after
death
Cloud the pleasant morgue ambiance with their foul,
rotten breath
Fraternally bound to haunt swollen distended bodies
Their chemical reactions clash amidst rank autopsies...
NH2(CH2)4NH2...Putrescine!
C5H14N2...Cadaverine!
C5H14N2...Cadaverine!
Gorges rise and heave with the stench
A symphony of sickness, perfumed with putrescence
While affronted senses nauseously totter and lurch
The carcass breeds odor, and chemically gives birth...
C5H14N2...Cadaverine!
C5H14N2...Cadaverine!
The ripened tang of gaseous decomposition let loose in
the morgue
Overtaxed fans strain to aerate the grave-ly polluted
ward
Tumefied decedents belch their chemical cohorts into
the air
The airborne corpse-whiff adheres to fabrics, skin,
and hair
(Acrid reek...odiferous cadaver leak)

Sing along!

The Guild Autopsy is looking pretty darn cool, but there's one thing about it that bugs me, and it's the area right under his pectorals but right above his belly. It's wrinkly like fabric, but I gather he's supposed to be shirtless. I dunno, it just doesn't look like flesh, even undead flesh, to me, particularly since it comes to such a hard line with his belly.

Seen many dead bodies?

The Guild Autopsy is looking pretty darn cool, but there's one thing about it that bugs me, and it's the area right under his pectorals but right above his belly. It's wrinkly like fabric, but I gather he's supposed to be shirtless. I dunno, it just doesn't look like flesh, even undead flesh, to me, particularly since it comes to such a hard line with his belly.

Seen many dead bodies?

My lawyer has advised me not to comment.

But on a serious note, my expertise is limited to lab animals (pigs, rats) with just one visit to a medical school's cadaver lab. I can't put my finger on it, it's just...something's off about how it looks, even for a magically reanimated corpse. Or pharmacologically reanimated? Both?

Seen many dead bodies?

Well seeing as you are obviously calling out the poster for his knowledge of actual dead bodies that raises the question have you then? Do you have the information available to you to be able to question that comment?