Crew creator

Bumpasses

Mornin old chaps,

Hope this is a proper place for this.

Why was the crew creator taken down with no alternative?

Why not leave it up until the new one was finished?

Is there some alternative and current crew creator out there? (Pen or calc = nogo)

I can't seem to find anything relevant.

Thank you

And good day

~B

Edited by Bumpasses

It didn't work and it didn't have the Wave 3 releases on as far as I know. Leaving it up would look unprofessional. As for why it's not done? Wyrd aren't programmers so would have to contract this out and that's a whole load of work in itself.

Personally, I think they made the right call to remove it when they did.

Can't disagree strong enough. Having a free crew creator is a very good thing for a company to have. Looks welcoming. If it's not working perfectly or doesn't have all the stuff in it, put a disclaimer up front and leave it up. In my opinion, this should be really high on their schedule.

The Breach mobile AP have a crew creator. No wave 3 stuff yet, but easy to just "proxy" the pay for a model though. Definitely worth a look. 

That's what I use too.

• Like 4

The Breach mobile AP have a crew creator. No wave 3 stuff yet, but easy to just "proxy" the pay for a model though. Definitely worth a look. 

The Breach is not available any longer for Apple devices though. However the creator is working on aa version 2.0 that will be released (hhopefully) soon. Due to the way Apple's ap store works it will be available for Android sooner than Apple but it is coming. There is a running thread in this forum sub-section dealing with this.

• Like 1

I wouldn't worry about this being a problem to much longer...I'm currently rewriting the Crew Creator and should be finished with all of the logic later today. After that, all I have to do is finish getting all of the model information in and then I'll be handing it all off to Wyrd so that they can style it and put it up. There were issues with the old version where as new models were potentially causing the tool to become bloated and slow.

With the Shifting Loyalties release, since each model that can take upgrades needed a separate definition for each faction it could be taken in (every merc was defined 7 times for every combination of upgrades it could take. On top of that every model that got a different upgrade depending on who the leader was also required duplicate definitions for each combination. Essentially, with the old tool, book 3 added maybe 5-6 models per faction but 80+ model definitions would have needed to be added to data file that it ran off of. With this new system I've set up, it builds the hire lists organically based on model characteristics such as station and types.  

As I said, I'm finishing up the tool as I type this, but I would like to know if anyone knows of a place where I can upload it as a website so that people can start testing it. This is currently what I want to get done before I start trying to get The Breach application back online. I'm also looking to add several new changes so that it is easier for me to push updates for model fixes, so while the app will be further down the road, rest assured it will be coming back.

My Hero! -swoons-

It didn't work

It did work just fine, there was absolutely nothing wrong with it. It didn't have all the new stuff but that was a minor problem. 

I could not disagree more with you. Personally, I think they made a very wrong call to remove it when they did with no alternative. 

• Like 3

Ok, so I have a place I've uploaded the updated tool to, however after spending a few hours trying to figure out why its not working, I've learned that they are currently experiencing technical difficulties with the server they have to change to fix my issue. Once they have it resolved and I've verified that it's loading correctly, I'll put up a link here for people to go test it.

You are the best.

Ok, so I have a place I've uploaded the updated tool to, however after spending a few hours trying to figure out why its not working, I've learned that they are currently experiencing technical difficulties with the server they have to change to fix my issue. Once they have it resolved and I've verified that it's loading correctly, I'll put up a link here for people to go test it.

Well done old boy!

Thank you for your efforts and for obliging the community!

-B

Okie, taking Sewer King on Hamelin doesn't actually seem to add The Lost models as a hiring option is the first thing I just noticed.

Please bear in mind that all Lost models that aren't outcast are of one of the other 5 factions not added yet. As I said, I've only added models from 2 factions arsenal boxes, rather than trying to spider Web my way through all factions looking for models to fit each hiring rule. Rest assured, that those models that get hired for special rules should show up as I get through adding those factions. 

If you've noticed a ten thunders lost model that I didn't catch, please let me know.

Edited by CrouchingMoose