Coge

6 hours ago, Mrbedlam said:

I like Anna in certain pools. She stops models from pushing or placing away from Toni, which is pretty nice. She has a non randomizing Ca attack. She can summon when the cards are right.  

I have the model but Ive never put her on the table. Does the summoning happen often? My impression is that it might happen at most once per game but I may be wrong. The mech rider seems like a better alternative.

I'm intrigued/interested by the placement tricks and the shooting into melee though. This may be the excuse to start painting her.:)

14 minutes ago, Franchute said:

I have the model but Ive never put her on the table. Does the summoning happen often? My impression is that it might happen at most once per game but I may be wrong. The mech rider seems like a better alternative.

I'm intrigued/interested by the placement tricks and the shooting into melee though. This may be the excuse to start painting her.:)

Summoning is incidental you definitely don't take her for it. You take her for a solid attack and stopping people from leaving Ironside's aura. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, i usually play Sandeep, but I've just bought Ironsides and I'm picking a crew for a game (reckoning, and a killy scheme pool). I love Amina and use her often with a Sandeep but I'm not really getting why people think she's particularly suited to Ironsides. Amina stops enemies from attacking things but Toni wants to get hit. So what am I missing here?

in fact I also don't really see the mages thing either. Again I love them with Sandeep as he can stop them from having to randomise, whereas Toni can't and I want her engaged with everything right?

On 23.11.2017 at 11:36 PM, MSKmagic said:

Hi, i usually play Sandeep, but I've just bought Ironsides and I'm picking a crew for a game (reckoning, and a killy scheme pool). I love Amina and use her often with a Sandeep but I'm not really getting why people think she's particularly suited to Ironsides. Amina stops enemies from attacking things but Toni wants to get hit. So what am I missing here?

in fact I also don't really see the mages thing either. Again I love them with Sandeep as he can stop them from having to randomise, whereas Toni can't and I want her engaged with everything right?

the thing is her Ability of "hand picked men", which allows your whole crew essentially to get a + on Attack AND Damage, which is a HUGE buff! That is why you nearly always take MS&U members in your crew. What you will be doing though, is get a mobile toolkit or an electric creation and detonate them oder kill them for example with Joss, get Scrap marker and get DMG on EVERYONE. this dmg gives you the buff Aura from "hpm" (hand picked men) and Amina can shut down any enemy beater with her ability since turn 1. Yes, Ironsides wants to get hit, but she doesn't want to die :). BTW i use this to get a scrap marker for my Steamfitters, which then give out Armr +1 safely :).

If there are enough people hitting on her, she will also die soon :).

On 31.10.2017 at 3:17 PM, Mrbedlam said:

I like Anna in certain pools. She stops models from pushing or placing away from Toni, which is pretty nice. She has a non randomizing Ca attack. She can summon when the cards are right.  

And this is, where some consideration comes in.

Yes, Anna can be pretty good and do a nice job, but i see here in the slot like Amina is. A supportive ranged caster model. And now the question is: Would it be more helpful to prevent your enemy on a "might be, might not be"-case whether or not your opponent has movement tricks like that or do you want to "lure" them in and ALWAYS get the benefit from her shutting down a big beater. I think, that having the "always" skills is better in a large scale tournament then the "maybe" skills that can be useful. If you are very certain about a matchup, you can counter it of course, but generally i think that gives Amina the edge :). Also, she is getting the + from HPM.

Just to let you guys know and maybe get inspiration from the build i did i will leave this here:

Declared Faction: Arcanists Crew Name: Suits 50ss Leader: Ironsides - Cache:(5) Union President 2ss Veteran Fighter 1ss Iron Determination 1ss Amina Naidu 9ss Warding Runes 1ss Joss 10ss Warding Runes 1ss Oxfordian Mage 6ss Blood Ward 0ss Temporary Shielding 0ss Oxfordian Mage 6ss Doom Ward 0ss Temporary Shielding 0ss Oxfordian Mage 6ss Nemesis Ward 0ss Temporary Shielding 0ss Union Steamfitter 6ss Electric Creation 4ss

The Electric creation was just there to get scrap down and deal dmg to my models and trigger the HPM.

Amina did a great job of denying.

You know you did right, when a Nekima moves searching for cover and not going to fight ironsides :D.

It was a fun game :D

1 hour ago, Lokibri said:

Just to let you guys know and maybe get inspiration from the build i did i will leave this here:

Declared Faction: Arcanists Crew Name: Suits 50ss Leader: Ironsides - Cache:(5) Union President 2ss Veteran Fighter 1ss Iron Determination 1ss Amina Naidu 9ss Warding Runes 1ss Joss 10ss Warding Runes 1ss Oxfordian Mage 6ss Blood Ward 0ss Temporary Shielding 0ss Oxfordian Mage 6ss Doom Ward 0ss Temporary Shielding 0ss Oxfordian Mage 6ss Nemesis Ward 0ss Temporary Shielding 0ss Union Steamfitter 6ss Electric Creation 4ss

The Electric creation was just there to get scrap down and deal dmg to my models and trigger the HPM.

Amina did a great job of denying.

You know you did right, when a Nekima moves searching for cover and not going to fight ironsides :D.

It was a fun game :D

What scheme/strat were you trying to accomplish with this build. Seems like it would have trouble with any interact heavy games. 

• Like 1

I knew my opponent was going for a "summon heavy" build and we had Last Stand in our pool, so i went for that, because i only had 1 peon, which will be killed in turn 2. The other scheme i chose was dig their graves, because it i super good to accomsplish from turn 2-3 onward with the additional scheme markers my Steamfitter can produce. The Strat was "Extraction" and i positioned my O-Mages in a way they would "gun turret" everything to pieces, if anything comes near!

my Opponent was:

Titania, Nekima,  Primordial magic, 3 terror tots, emissary and candy (and some upgrades on them i do not remember).

• 3 weeks later...

Ringer'ed three rounds today. Took this hot mess of a list

Ironsides
Arcane Reservoir (Switched to Warding Runes last round), Union President, Veteran Fighter

3x Oxfordian Mages (Usual Upgrades)

Union Steamfitter

Hannah (Warding Runes)

Anna Lovelace (Warding Runes)

This worked strangely well. Seeing 9 cards at the start of each turn was real nice. Hannah and Anna had some great staying-power, with Anna providing a good cast for Hannah to copy. Hannah wrecked a lot of face with those blasts and the abundance of cards meant I usually had something to cheat to keep both of them going. The crew managed to pull off some great feats, like Toni beating Ashes and Dust and the subsequent core in one activation. I didn't focus on scoring, so I technically lost twice and the third round ended too early to really decide.

Obviously losing ANY models was a big setback. Mages are still made of wet paper, and the Steamfitter goes down just as easily. Still, Never once lost Toni or either of the sisters.

2 hours ago, Kaiser Senpai said:

Mages are still made of wet paper, and the Steamfitter goes down just as easily.

I’ve never had that impression about the mages. They always seem quite durable for their price to me. It usually take 8-10 points of damage to take them off the table which isn’t bad for a 5 point model.

I’ve also never considered Steamfitters to be that squishy. Unless I’m trying to apply the armor buff I tend to discard a :mask whenever possible which probably makes them much hard to take out since they are able to push 3 inches everytime they are hit with an attack against Df.

• 2 months later...

Just to revive this thread again and to give you something to smirk about i had to face hamelin yesterday with a bunch of his fellow rats and some stolen kids.

Strat: Extraction, but GG18 Schemes like: Show of Force, Punish the weak, search the ruins, dig their graves and other things no one of us took :D. I went with punish and show, he chose search and dig.

It was a game to give my opponent a better feeling of what his crew can do and prepare him for the upcoming tournament, which is why we chose extraction, so he could concetrate on his Master and how to play him well.

His crew:

Hamelin: Piper, Black Pits, another upgrade

Nix: With the fast upgrade

Rusty Alyce

Big Jake

Killjoy

Rat

My crew: Ironsides: Veteran Fighter, Union President, Warding Runes

Joss: Warding Runes

Amina Naidu

3x Ox mages without regen upgrade

Steam Fitter

Electrical Creation

Ironsides was pretty much irgnored, because my opponent knew that she would be a desaster to take down with warding runes and the ability to ignore conditions from enemies, while having 6 Stones to use for prevention and armor and reinforced armor. Se, he decided very early to ignore her completely.

Having the black pits upgrade was very annoying and some of my models were effected by those blighted conditions very early.

So turn 1:

Turn 1 i pushed my ox mages with another ox mage around dealing 1 dmg to each of them and getting them into position, while the steamfitter picked up a 12 and reinforced ironsides with armor and the sheet armor. Electrical creation activated and damaged Joss, Amina and the 3rd ox mage.

On his side he "lured" a ox mage forward into a pit and set up his killjoy delivery for turn 2, because i gave him no opening. My ox mages casted furiously on hamelin, but only taking 2-3 Stones away from him and 2 dmg. Ironsides had to go forward and protect the mages with her challene, without doing any further actions. Amina and Joss went into position. After findoing out which one was the "bad" ox mage that denied conditions, he focused him and he got blighted 4 pretty early in the game. Rusty alice tried to shoot him, but he went into cover and amina protected him further more with a little bit of damage on her.

No scores.

Turn 2:

Turn 2 i went full bonkers and charged into hamelin with ironsides to hit him without big succes (small mistake here was, that i wasn`t able to end a charge near hamelin, which would have resulted in 1 less attack, we both overlooked, but learned), my adrenalin was at 3 after successfully hitting him once with a trigger and challenging everyone around them. Hamelin took another 2 wounds. He went for some stolen to protect him and give him more options to spread the blight. After softening up his Nix i was able to finish him off. Ox Mages were superb with Ca actions and furious spellcasting against him. But before i was able to take Nix out he decided to give his malifaux rat fast and ran 15' to a position where he could deliver killjoy. I immediately activated Amina Naidu and filed a Suit against this serial killer, which was successfully taken in and killjoy had no opportunity to attack anyone else except for my master, which he overlooked (and me also) which resulted in him charging a malifaux rat he was unable to kill with a 1 and a BJ, which was pretty nice for him. I positioned joss again (and pretty stupidly) outside of the show of force zone. Hamelin got more rats and had 3 stolen around at the end of the turn. My electrical creation was just running around, never close to accomplish anything else, than dealing damage to the own crew for ironsides Aura. We both scored Extraction. Steamfitter ran along and Amina was backing up the ox mages.

Both score extraction.

Turn 3: I won initiative and immediately went for Amina using her 0 against Big Jake, who was stand atop and scoring extraction on his own. Amina managed to make him a peon and thus killing his value for extraction, while also enabling me the option to score more punish. (TIP: If you can go for punish the weak and have the chance to make an enemy a peon which you want to kill any way, GO FOR IT! Amina is GREAT atpunishing the weak, even though she helps the workers out in court ^^). Amina took a step back and filed another suit against Killjoy with a 13 of books in hand but...black jokered it...which was devastating for me!. Killjoy immediately charged amina, she took 4 damage, prevented 2 and was pushed away from him. Killjoy followed with a walk and engaged another ox mage with it. Ironsides returned the favour, activated (4 Adrenalin) and took another shot of 4 more adrenaline from enemies (8 adrenalin). We had some spectators and one was on the way to go but wanted to see how this would turn out against a stolen protected hamelin. My opponent was pretty sure that hamelin would survive this beating and grinned, while i grinned because i knew i was PUMPED with adrenalin. So, the beating began. First attack failed, 2nd hit with another shot of adrenaline [9], no triggers. Third attack hit and i spend a stone to get the trigger. 2 damage and a follow-up uppercut [7]. Was on melee 8, so i hit. Hamelin took another 4 damage and prevented 1. Trigger to attack again [5]. Hit with soul stoned trigger to attack again [3]. Hamelin had to use 1 stolen to heal up again. I hit again with my uppercut for another 5. Another Stolen gone. Used the trigger to attack again and managed to deal another 4 damage on him. He took a look if the 3rd stolen was in range, but wasn`t. So he gathered up his bits and died to a adrenalin pumped ironsides which released a flurry of attacks. Myopponent was pretty impressed and said "I didn`t expect that to happen to be honest." It was very, very close and i was lucky enough to trade enough blows to kill him. My back-up plan was joss to charge in, who was in position and ready to rescue the day, but with 3 min and medium damage, it was 2 hits for every stolen healing hamelin. Joss took out the last stolen which paralyzed Amina Naidu.

He activated rusty alyce and attacked the blood ward mage with her pistol. Amina always took damage to give her another -flip, which was successful and saved the heavily blighted ox mage on 1 Wd. He managed to kill my oxmage with the last stolen, because amina was on 1 Wd and couldn`t give him the -flip. This opened all of my models up for blighted and it was spreading like HELL! Having Challenge up helped A LOT! and saved me a lot of good cards, whilemy opponent had 1 less AP or 1 less high card. I LOVE challenge on ironsides!

Scores: 1 for punish, 1 for extraction - opponent none

3-1 for Ironsides

Turn 4: Ironsides used her other 0 to be placed close to rusty alyce and began with another beating on her which resulted in a red joker on damage after 2 succesfull hits and cleared her off the board. Maybe it would have been better to use "are you looking at me" for this purpose, but i was in an adrenalin rush. Joss charged into killjoy and gave him quite a beating, which left him at 3 Wds. Killjoy took revenge on Amina and killed her off with 1 attack, while 1 oxmage ran away. Big Jake took a "diving charge" not a real one but flying from atop on joss was pretty divy in our opinion and rammed his axe into joss`s back with a red joker cheated on damage and getting him to 1 Wd. The 2nd attack finished him off and denied me further points for show of force. The Ox Mage took a furious casting and managed to soften up killjoy again for the fitter to sweep him off the board.

Scoring: 1 for extraction, 1 for punish for Ironsides, none for my opp.

5-1

Turn 5: Now that Big Jake was unable to come back and count for the Strat, i immediately charged him and took him down. Another PEON killed.

Scoring: 1 for punish, 1 Extraction

Final Score 7 - 1

I hope pretty much that i recalled everything as detailed as possible and didn`t miss anything. We had TONS of fun and were laughing nearly all game long ^^. It was just hilarious and we exchanged some strats and tips, so he was prepared for the upcoming tournament. Except for doing 1-2 mistakes we both overlooked it was a very clean, fair and nice game. Inmidst of the game i forgot my 2nd scheme and didn`t announce it, which is why i do it know in retrospective. I hope my opponent will understand it :).

Always nice to play against this opponent :).

I hope you guys enjoyed it and had some fun reading it :).

See you in the bayou!

• Like 2

Nice report!

Some errors:

On 13.03.2018 at 4:43 PM, Lokibri said:

Killjoy immediately charged amina, she took 4 damage, prevented 2 and was pushed away from him.

Amina's Endless Bureaucracy let's her push the Attacking model, not herself.

On 13.03.2018 at 4:43 PM, Lokibri said:

I won initiative and immediately went for Amina using her 0 against Big Jake, who was stand atop and scoring extraction on his own. Amina managed to make him a peon and thus killing his value for extraction, while also enabling me the option to score more punish.

Killjoy took revenge on Amina and killed her off with 1 attack

Now that Big Jake was unable to come back and count for the Strat, i immediately charged him and took him down. Another PEON killed.

Missing Forms from Amina ends, when she is killed or sacrificed, so no points for PtW.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Tahsarith said:

Nice report!

Some errors:

Amina's Endless Bureaucracy let's her push the Attacking model, not herself.

Missing Forms from Amina ends, when she is killed or sacrificed, so no points for PtW.

Ah, thanks for the corrections. Didn`t play the crew for a loooong time. The first one was resolved incorrectly then.

The 2nd one wasn`t scored at all, because he had no models left, but thanks for clearance! I was just typing it and we didn`t bother because it was pretty clear anyway. Thanks :D

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hey all, so I'm wanting to do a Master writeup on Ironsides like what I've done for Ramos and Raspy, but I'm not sure how that's going to work with this stickied thread here.  Should I write it up and link it to this thread, give it another name, etc?  I'd rather not just post it in here since it being buried in the dozen+ pages would make it nearly impossible for new players to find even a few months from now.

3 hours ago, retnab said:

Hey all, so I'm wanting to do a Master writeup on Ironsides like what I've done for Ramos and Raspy, but I'm not sure how that's going to work with this stickied thread here.  Should I write it up and link it to this thread, give it another name, etc?  I'd rather not just post it in here since it being buried in the dozen+ pages would make it nearly impossible for new players to find even a few months from now.

I guess a moderator such as @Adran should be able to give you an answer.

On 4/21/2018 at 3:13 AM, Franchute said:

I guess a moderator such as @Adran should be able to give you an answer.

Cheers

<Modhat>

We are only going to have at most, 1 stickied thread per master. This gives you 2 choices, as you worked out. . 1 you can post your guide in this thread,  but as you say it may get lost, or you can post it in its own thread (I would certainly suggest posting a link to it in here, just to help people find it) . In rare cases, we have changed one stickied thread on a topic for another, but you would probably have to have your thread be much more relevant than this thread, and that is a subjective view of the mods so not one you can rely on. So if you post it in a separate thread, there is the chance that it will fall off the first page fairly fast, and its then up to you which you think is easier to find, a guide several pages into the stickied thread, or a thread several pages into the forum. 

</Modhat>

Good luck with writing the guide, I look forward to reading it. 

• 4 weeks later...

Hi I'm a casual player, I own only Marcus and recently Ironsides.  I'm looking for advice for a 50ss Ironsides crew based on the models I have.

In addition the Troubleshooters box I have:

• Johan
  • Howard Langston
  • Union Miner
  • Amina Naidu
  • Electric Creation
  • Medical Automaton
  • Then of course I have Marcus box and at least one of every additional Arcanist beast.

I would usually choose Marcus it it was a more mobile Strategy and Scheme pool. 

I'd choose Ironsides if I wanted to punch hard for a killy Strat/Scheme pool. 

Any advice about a killy Ironsides crew welcome...  Thanks!

1 hour ago, Stoobert said:

Hi I'm a casual player, I own only Marcus and recently Ironsides.  I'm looking for advice for a 50ss Ironsides crew based on the models I have.

In addition the Troubleshooters box I have:

• Johan
  • Howard Langston
  • Union Miner
  • Amina Naidu
  • Electric Creation
  • Medical Automaton
  • Then of course I have Marcus box and at least one of every additional Arcanist beast.

I would usually choose Marcus it it was a more mobile Strategy and Scheme pool. 

I'd choose Ironsides if I wanted to punch hard for a killy Strat/Scheme pool. 

Any advice about a killy Ironsides crew welcome...  Thanks!

The Ironsides box makes a pretty good core of a crew. Swap Mouse out for your Medical Automaton, toss on all the relevant upgrades and you’re sitting right at 35SS.

Bring either Miranda or Amina with Imbued Energies depending on what you need to accomplish and then bring something like a Hoarcat Pride to finish off the crew.

If I brought Amina then I might shift Warding Runes to her instead of the Captain.

• Thanks 1

I'm currently playing Ironsides for a shifting loyalties campaign. My list looks like

Ironsides
   -Veteran Fighter
   -Challenge the Crowd
The Captain
   -Patrons Blessing
Johan
   -Well Rehearsed
Medical Automaton 
------------------- (Now for model you don't have)
Union Steamfitter
Envy
Arcane Effigy
Wind Gamin

Johan next to Ironsides benefitting from HPM and Solidarity is brutal, and very effective at killing things. 

For the things you don't have, dropping Envy and Steamfitter very nearly accounts for the cost of 3 mages (I strongly recommend buying Steamfitters in the near future, they are amazing). The wind gamin is there do 1 damage to up to 4 friendly models turn one so they get HPM. You could also do this with the electrical creation, but the gamin also runs schemes later in the game. You could instead drop both the effigy and the gamin for most of Amina's cost. 

Really if your goal is killing, Ironsides, The Captain, and Johan tend to pummel everything in swinging distance. The biggest problem you might have is an utter lack of ranged threat (which is why I bring Envy). With my list I have tabled a solid majority of opponents (Ironsides getting 10 Adrenaline and killing 5 models in a single activation is truly a thing to behold) 

• Thanks 1