'FauxFest - Gauging Interest. 19th/20th December.

ukrocky

Morning all,

Been a long while since my last post! 

I'm just gauging interest for an event I'm looking to run on the 19th and 20th of December, Location TBC but likely Mansfield, Sheffield or Leicester (Somewhere around there!).

The event is for a mix of experienced players such as yourselves, as well as an influx of beginners and interested parties from the rapidly collapsing Warhammer Fantasy scene. I've had multiple people approach me in the last week asking how to get into Malifaux from the old WFB community and requests for intros and the like. 

One thing that really made some of the WFB during the year were the extra sides to the events that went on and bringing the community together, so I'm striving to do this with this two day event and keep it as broad as possible.

The general plan would be:

- Friday evening: Some form of social

- Saturday day:

Rd 1: Intros from 'the experts' to the noobs 

Rd 2: Potentially doubles games

Rd 3: Grudge matches

- Sunday day:

Various activities, including go-karting, 5-a-side football, food, quiz, and so on. Maybe some gaming?

Obviously players wouldn't have to attend all rounds or activities and it's entirely up to the players, but with it being after the cut off for the masters and with lots of new players wanting to jump in it would hopefully have an impact in getting them into the game, as well as having a social weekend which became one of the key points of successful WFB events over the last couple years. 

It's just an idea for now but let me know if this interests you or you have any ideas!

Thanks,

Craig