September 14th - Night Terror

Lucidicide

Pretty sure the guys at Wyrd are unconsciously super huge Batman fans - pretty sure that isn't a night terror so much as it is Kirk Langstrom the Man-Bat. There is a suspiciously large amount of characters in Malifaux that seem to be steampunk't DC characters... or maybe its just me?

I'll give another thumbs up for scenic base elements - huge props for that. Really hope it continues in the future.

Math - I find bases to be easily mixed and matched - so long as you keep a consistent style and paint scheme across your crew you can mix anything together - for example: my Levy/Ramos crew has trash/tech/bio-tech/pipeworks/powerplant and mech bases all mixed in together. I make "rules" for what elements of the bases get which colors and follow it throughout the whole set and I feel they mix together quite well! (your opinion may vary).

There's no reason that pillar cant be a piece of building sticking out of a trash base or even a collapsed structure in a cemetery. Get creative! :D... and if you don't like it - you don't even have to use it, after all. 

Edited by SpectreEliteGaming
  • Like 1

Pretty sure the guys at Wyrd are unconsciously super huge Batman fans - pretty sure that isn't a night terror so much as it is Kirk Langstrom the Man-Bat. There is a suspiciously large amount of characters in Malifaux that seem to be steampunk't DC characters... or maybe its just me?

At least two of us are way more Marvel fans than DC fans. :P

Math I agree with you once again. 

I do kinda like it but it seems a bit over the top also. Taken it should be a ht1 very insignificant model that thing looks nothing like it. 

But all in all a cool looking model. Though I fear for the price of these critters if they are sold in a 4 pack (rare 4) and they are such scenic models the price will be of a crew box or more (looking at you Lone Marshal). 

But it is a cool looking model. 

Also something I do find funny is, all you people who are always changing to Rezzers because of the Super awesome best sculpts ever.. You still never do so.. So are they all that awesome to you after all or is it just mandatory to say so? :P

Also something I do find funny is, all you people who are always changing to Rezzers because of the Super awesome best sculpts ever.. You still never do so.. So are they all that awesome to you after all or is it just mandatory to say so? :P

Marcus will steal those players that wanted the night Terror and the Rogue Necromancy. Jack Daw steals the people wanting the drowned. Leveticus steals all the players. 

None ever actually has to join the Ressurs, and still get to use their cool sculpts. 

Lady Justice is Daredevil, right? I mean she checks off most of his super senses (including the echolocation interpretation of his radar) in the Shifting Loyalties story, and DD was pretty handy with a katana during Miller's run...

The more I look at that the more weirded out I get by the fact that they are wearing clothes. :D 

We have a huge Nephilim monster killer running around butt naked with a cleaver. We have actual people running around half naked, Convict Gunslinger. Jack Daw is half naked. Executioners run around half naked. Howard Langston lost a shirt. The Drowned were apparently stripped down almost naked before drowned. Railworkers running around half naked. 

But the thing that has actual clothes on it.. Is a little spirit beast that has wings ffs. :D So someone in Malifaux went, well shit, I am sick of seeing those bat like things flying around with their knobs out dangling in the wind and manbreasts flapping in the night sky. I'm just gonna go ahead and make it my life's work to clothe them all. :P 

• Like 5

How disappointing... :(

Maybe if you told me that you were 90's marvel character fans I could be okay with that.

zFiend - At first I thought I disagreed with you for once but now I think I'm indifferent - I like the sculpt but the more I think about it its probably mostly because I can make it into a Man-Bat - which is kind of a silly reason - otherwise I guess I'm indifferent to the clothing but I do think its more interesting.

Also... holy crap - you just made me realize that my Howard is missing a robot penis - is that what all those tentacles are for?

... but I digress... >8)

• Like 1

I'm buying them to, uh... proxy Winged Plagues. Yep. Totally not starting Ressers, they're just Winged Plagues.

I'll keep them on the shelf next to all the horror models Karina needs, the Hanged and Nurse for Daw, and the Belles and Necropunks I sometimes use with Levi. But I'm definitely not going to start Ressers.

• Like 1

I'm of a mixed opinion on this one.

The pillar is nice enough but I'm not a big fan of those sorts of elements as they might very well clash with the basing style one is going with (luckily personally my Ressers are based in ruins so the pillar won't look out of place).

This is a very good point... Makes me a bit sad, the pillars are awesome, ut may end up causing trouble for modellers...

I'm really enjoying the gradual introduction of scenic base elements to the Wyrd line. It got off to a good start with the new plastic Thunder pieces from 2012 (I'm actually a fan of the Mei Feng base insert!), and I know that some have been a bit of a hit and miss (I wasn't a fan of the Chiaki flames), but I really like the fallen pillar here and hope to see more stuff like this in the future.

Hah, I'm the exact opposite!

I do like the scenic elements (though it might make basing more difficult), and I really like the Chiaki flames, but I hate the Mei Feng base insert with a passion... :-)

...But the thing that has actual clothes on it.. Is a little spirit beast that has wings ffs. :D So someone in Malifaux went, well shit, I am sick of seeing those bat like things flying around with their knobs out dangling in the wind and manbreasts flapping in the night sky. I'm just gonna go ahead and make it my life's work to clothe them all. :P 

O.K. I'm going to start a fan fic about the old lady in the slums-- ever since her children starter their own families and stopped coming by, her friends who visit her roof every night are the only ones who stop by. She knits them little outfits. It's amazing how much a body with some extra space and a "Room to Let" sign can do to feed her friends...

• Like 1

...But the thing that has actual clothes on it.. Is a little spirit beast that has wings ffs. :D So someone in Malifaux went, well shit, I am sick of seeing those bat like things flying around with their knobs out dangling in the wind and manbreasts flapping in the night sky. I'm just gonna go ahead and make it my life's work to clothe them all. :P 

O.K. I'm going to start a fan fic about the old lady in the slums-- ever since her children starter their own families and stopped coming by, her friends who visit her roof every night are the only ones who stop by. She knits them little outfits. It's amazing how much a body with some extra space and a "Room to Let" sign can do to feed her friends...

Do this.

*serious nod*

• Like 1

Night Terrors are spirits and, as we've already seen *coughnipplepastiescough*, spirits do sometimes manifest wearing clothing items. Maybe the shirt and pants are just remnant memories from when the night terrors were living beings.

I'm also hoping the pillar is a separate piece. The one reason I'm holding back on getting the Rasputina crew set is that I'm not looking forward to having to remove the Wendigo from his little playmate. i would be really disappointed if the Night Terrors had the same problem

Nice.

Makes me reminisce about the classic 'Young Death' story from way back in 1990 when the Judge Dredd magazine started. Death, hiding out, takes up residence in an old lady's apartment whilst telling his story to a reporter.  Needless to say Mrs Gunderson does not know what creature she has living with her, even when the other lodgers etc start to mysteriously disappear!

If you are a Dredd universe fan and haven't read this story, I suggest you hunt it down!

Edited by Absolution Black