A foray into the 'faux for me and the missus.

TheTrans

Hey Gang,

My self and the GF picked up Malifaux recently and have had an awesome time modeling so far. I come from a history of the both Warhammers, infinity and a whole host of computer games. She has done some modelling on occasion but never really looked into a ruleset before the 'faux, so that is a good start :P.

Anyway I shall pop up a few pics of some models she has already got painted.

First up is McMorning. The GF apparently isn't happy with the severed head and wants to redo it.
20150909_225143.jpg
Dear god the picture is somewhat massive on here, apologies for that, will try to remedy in the future.

Next up is the Flesh Construct-e fellow.

20150909_225127.jpg

So far she is loving the modelling and painting which is good. Will hopefully have a proper game at home soonly. 

Now I work a little slower than her and currently am conveting like mad on old mate Hoffman and his Guardian.

20150909_225047.jpg
I opted to repose his left arm due to (I imagine) the larger arms would mimic his arm movements. I changed his head as the other one was a little boring. The cables are added because, well, who doesn't like more cables on steam punk stuff. The cloak will help him blend into the overall theme of his crew and IMHO the Guild as a whole. It also adds a little bit of movement to a pretty static character I think.

Next up is the Guardian which in all honesty I think I've dumped too much time into haha.

20150909_225108.jpg

I've completely rejigged his pose to look as if he is on guard and moving foward in a measured manner. I replaced his shield and weapon with things a little more suitable that also accentuated the 'guard' pose. The weapon is a longer nasty looking halberd/polearm assortment. As you can see here he also has a cloak billowing around him. Steam exhausts are on there for the same reason as the pipes on Hoffman, that and the fact I reckon it makes his silhouette a little more imposing. 

20150909_225112.jpg

That pic is just to show off his pose a little more. Also fear not, that isn't a metallic wang hanging out, I have him a pistol and some pouches to make him look a little less 'off the factory' and a bit more of an 'old hand' within the 'faux.

Anyway, sorry for the massively long first post and giant pictures.

Will hopefully keep the updates rolling in pretty often :).

• Like 4

• 2 months later...

Sorry for the long haul betwixt posts boyous..had a bit of a slump, but now back on the ball!!

I give you some of the painted hoff crew! I went for quite a dark, sickly look to them, wanted them to not be you're general sort of guild paint scheme...

First up is Hoffman, opted to keep him quite dark, little bit of blood and some green 'glow' in the vents in his hands to tie him in with the rest of the crew.

20151024_222218.jpg

Next up is the Guardian and probably my favourite model at the moment. Just really chuffed with how he came out. I think he has a nice menacing look to him, whiles still being in quite a defensive stance...

20151024_222126.jpg

Next up is one of the 2 hunters, I feel the actual base sculpt them selves really give the look of them stalking around..

20151024_222137.jpg

Next up is the watcher, quite basically done, no blood added as I imagine he'd do his best to keep out of fights.

20151024_222151.jpg

Finally, currently working on Ryle, I opted to change out his arm-gun, for a shoulder mounted gatling, as well as swapping out his head to give him a little bit more of a harried face behind a mask instead of the weird insect look they have him rocking currently...as I always see Ryle's story as terribly sad...

20151103_163442.jpg

And a shot from the back...

20151103_163448.jpg

Emma (The GF) has just finished up all her undead bells as well as basing everything completed, so I'll get some pics of them up soon.

Peace out gang!

Edited by TheTrans
  • Like 4

wow the cloaks and other conversions are awesome! really like the poses as well. The Guardian looks awesome - you're right, nothing like a little (lot!) blood on the weapons and none on the advancing form to say "watch out!" hehe The hunter looks really good as well! I'm not familiar with these minis but they look great the way you've painted them!

• 3 weeks later...

Hey gang,

Had a Malifaux beginers tournament the other week, was quite large for Melbourne and a fledgling game system...we had 44 odd players all up and was amazing, I somehow managed to score 3rd and had not played a 50SS game before the day! Anyway, you're here to see models. I managed to get my entire Hoff crew finished up as well as some new models built, so get ready for some faux-tos ;).

IMG_20151206_145813_result.jpg
So just a neater pic of Hoff

IMG_20151206_145838_result.jpg
The Watcher

IMG_20151206_145917_result.jpg
My converted up Ryle

IMG_20151206_145941_result.jpg

Arachnid Swarm
IMG_20151206_150002_result.jpg
Mechanical Attendant
IMG_20151206_145758_result.jpg
My Themed up Malifaux Child/Mech Attendant/Metal Gamin

IMG_20151206_150057_result.jpg
Converted up Peacekeeper 

IMG_20151206_150121_result.jpg
Peacekeeper

IMG_20151206_150229_result.jpg
Hoff-ified Austringer. Can't really see from here but his right arm is the Mech Attendants arm, and the crow is perched on a mech attendent's secondary arm

IMG_20151206_150314_result.jpg
Hunter 1

IMG_20151206_150406_result.jpg
Hunter 2

IMG_20151206_150204_result.jpg
Guardian

Now last but certainly not lease, probably my favourite model in the crew at the moment. I converted up the Hoffman Avatar to look like a giant Guardian. Took a decent amount of work, but I now run him as a Brutal Emissary or Rail Golem, hope you guys enjoy him as much as I do!

IMG_20151206_145001_result.jpg
IMG_20151206_145008_result.jpg

IMG_20151206_145031_result.jpg

And a scale shot:

IMG_20151206_145057_result.jpg

Hope y'all like it :)

Cheers,
Nick

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Ok guys,

Managed to fully complete my Mounted McCabe crew. Consisting of McCabe, 3 Mounted Guard, 4 dogs and old mate Luna.

20160121_150228_result.jpg

So there is a pic of them all together. (The legs without a body in the background are McCabe's so I didn't need to sculpt 2 top halves). All the horses are Faux horses (3 McCabe, 1 lone marshall, they also have had all their heads swapped for Bret horse heads from GW to give the more knightly look).

20160121_150239_result.jpg

Just a pic of two of the guard. The right horse is obviously the lone marshall's horse, the left had one is a converted McCabe Horse

20160121_150255_result.jpg

Here we have another mounted guard (opted to make a chick one as that is how the 'faux rolls!) with a hound, converted Luna and McCabe himself.

20160121_194415_result.jpg

Here is just a pic of them in their first encounter about to engage a dreamer summoner crew (they managed a good win, was reconnoitre).

Hope you guys enjoy!

• Like 2