Schemes & Stones Master Spotlight Lilith

Khyodee

Greg is simply very good with her.  I agree with him on almost all points.

Am I the only one curious about where your opinions differ?

mainly over living blade.  Both Greg and I  believe in using Lilith aggressively at the right times. He favours aether connection as his insurance. I prefer living blade. Positive attack and damage, rather than just damage, mean I can be more card efficient, and the 3" range often means I can make my opponents less AP efficient.  I see that as well worth the 2ss upgrade cost.

Hmm, I can definitely see that. A 3" reach is one of the things I truly love about Pandora: the ability to engage and often not be struck back twice/shot (by the engaged model) is awesome and that's not factored in the plus flips to attack.

I notice you've not mentioned the pounce effect effect, I guess that's more of a "nice plus if it happens" than something that regularly appears in the game plan. The couple of times I've tried Living Blade out, that's not come up at least.

mainly over living blade.  Both Greg and I  believe in using Lilith aggressively at the right times. He favours aether connection as his insurance. I prefer living blade. Positive attack and damage, rather than just damage, mean I can be more card efficient, and the 3" range often means I can make my opponents less AP efficient.  I see that as well worth the 2ss upgrade cost.

Thats my preference as well (living blade) for the same reason, and the added pounce effect off her lure upgrade.

Interesting. I can't imagine dropping nekima, now that my eyes have been opened to how much more reliable tangled shadows is as a beat stick delivery system than its typical use as delivering something to Lilith.

Basically having a 5" bubble of 3AP MI7 4/5/6 death around every friendly model is... good? :)

After this podcast and my games since, I can't really imagine going back to Zoraida except for nostalgia.

Lilith has been my favorite master since right around when M2E came out. I definitely thought the podcast was well done. It was interesting listening to someone talk about Lilith's strengths and common misconceptions, as I made all those same mistakes with her at first as well. The only place I really differ is around Living Blade, like others have said. I really really like Living Blade and have had too many push/pounce kills with it to neglect it. That said, the podcast did make me think about it differently and maybe next time I play her I'll leave it at home...

I found the most interesting comment was to play her like she doesn't have the sword at all.  I found my best games with her were when I didn't have to attack with her once and let the crew do its things with what she sets up.

That said, wrecking face with her can be satisfying too ;-)

There's a time and a place to swing the sword, but yeah, I've found that I got much better results when playing Lilith when I didn't focus on getting into melee. 

That said, I always try to find the time and place to swing the sword... it's just too much fun when everything else is in place to just watch Lilith start mopping up and making things go splat.

It's pretty rare I take Aether Connection, only if I have an extra SS to spend. I never really rely on having any kind of insurance, I prefer to use positioning to limit any kind of retaliation my opponent can muster. 

My issue with Living Blade is that I've never lost a game where I thought Living Blade could have made a difference. If Lilith is hitting something then it generally dies so the 3" melee range never comes up. I'm not going to spend 2ss on something that I don't need to help win games.  

Greg

Edited by Sir#67

Definitely a great cast!

I am curious what Greg would take out if he still ran two waldgeists. I wouldn't know how to play without them!

Thanks, I'm glad you liked the episode.

After thinking about it for a bit I would probably drop Johan (with Retributions Eye) and the Mysterious Effigy. If I think I'm going to need it I'll put Retributions Eye on Mr Graves and play with 1 less stone in my cache. 

You're basically trading a lot of utility for some more durable models and the ability to deny a large part of the board. I would advise you to play without them for a little bit and experiment, especially if you find yourself in a bit of a rut

Greg