New to TT/Malifaux

SprinkleOfSalt

Hey all, some friends and I just picked up Malifaux and started playing. I really like what I see so far and was just looking for some help on where I should go.

I have Misaki, Mei Feng, and Brewmaster boxes. Any one Master stand out as friendly to new players?

Ordered in Oiran, TT Archers, Samurai, and Low River Monks.

What should I be looking at besides finishing out my collection of Masters?

Resources outside of the forum? I like the M2E wiki, but is there a podcast that I should be listening to for Malifaux in general or specifically TT?

Thanks for anything.

Misaki is a nice master for newer players. She's fairly simple and focused - she's a master assassin and does her job well.

Mei Feng starts to get a bit tricky, and Brewmaster is definitely advanced.

I would HIGHLY recommend a Guild Pathfinder. They're just so useful and can summon up the much-hated Clockwork Traps.

Fuhatsu and Katanaka Snipers are ace as well. Illuminated in Lynch's box are incredible melee minions.

If you're going to get McCabe, a Dawn Serpent is nice as a target for Black Flash off Badge of Speed.

When he comes out, the Lone Swordsman is a must buy.

The Ancestors - Izamu, Toshiro, and Yin - are nice to have, but only really critical if you like Yan Lo, who is a divisive Master.

Izamu, Toshiro and Yin are all pretty strong independent of Yan Lo, Yan Lo just makes them stronger.

Sensei Yu is definitely a must have, but he unfortunately doesn't come out until late october with the Shenlong box, who is also a strong master.

Jakob Lynch is a strong master for 10T, because he can take what he needs of Neverborn anyways.

Katanaka Snipers and Thunder Archers are both strong, with Katanaka Snipers being the generally better pick, and Thunder Archers being better in certain strategy/scheme pools.

Ama No Zako is pretty good, haven't had much experience with her however.

As far as podcasts go, check of Schemes and Stones, they do master spotlights and of the 10T they currently have Misaki, Yan Lo and Brewmaster.

Also don't be scared to pick up models from other factions, because with 10T you'll almost always be dipping into 2 factions when you play.

It depends which Master you're going to be using a lot of to start with.

For Misaki, she works quite independantly from her crew, so you can try many different models with her and not worry too much about synergy; see what works for you. Tengu and Ten Thunder Brothers would probably be great additions to what you have for Scheming. Brothers in plastic might be a ways off, however.

For Mei Feng, she likes having some Constructs and Scrap around to bounce around to. Komainu and Obsidian Oni might fit the bill nicely for you in this regard. A Shadowy Effigy could work nicely too.

For Brewmaster, Yin the Penanggalan and a Dawn Serpent would probably put you in good stead. Fermented River Monks when they come out too. Definitely look at getting a Performer (or two) from somewhere if you decide you like pumping the Poison mechanic for all it's worth.

For all three, Toshiro can add an unexpected summoning element to whoever you run, and buffs Minions up the yin-yang to boot; if you run lots of them he's a great investment. Yamaziko is a bit polarising, but is a decent placeholder for the Blot the Sky and/or Smoke and Shadows upgrades. Don't forget that the Oiran are Last Blossom models.

Hi everyone, just joined the Malifaux community and also just picked up my first 10T crew(s).

I just had a question regarding the statement of ArcticPangolin:

Don't forget that the Oiran are Last Blossom models.

I know Misaki has the Last Blossom crew, I just want to confirm if my understanding is correct here: any 10T master / henchmen would be able to take any other 10T enforcer/minion/peon etc regardless if they are Last Blossom, Factory, whatever. The relevance comes in when Misaki is playing as Outcasts and she can then take any model that is not part of the Outcasts faction, but has Last Blossom on their cards?

Hi everyone, just joined the Malifaux community and also just picked up my first 10T crew(s).

I know Misaki has the Last Blossom crew, I just want to confirm if my understanding is correct here: any 10T master / henchmen would be able to take any other 10T enforcer/minion/peon etc regardless if they are Last Blossom, Factory, whatever. The relevance comes in when Misaki is playing as Outcasts and she can then take any model that is not part of the Outcasts faction, but has Last Blossom on their cards?

When you declare a faction you may only take models from that faction. Certain masters and henchmen have an ability that let's them hire models out of faction if they have a certain characteristic or type. Misaki has the ability Inflintration(Last-blossom), which allows her to hire up to 4 models with the Last Blossom characteristic regardless of her declared faction, so if you declare Outcasts as your faction with Misaki as your leader, you may hire up to 4 10T models that have the Last Blossom characteristic.

What santaclaws said!

The main reason I mentioned it though was for the Smoke and Shadows upgrade.