Forum Issues

Lucidicide

Hello Wyrdos,

Unfortunately, as you may have noticed, we had some issues with our forum over the last couple of days. We installed an app that should have helped us, but instead it slowed down our system and, when we removed it, it basically destroyed our forum. Needless to say, we won't be using that app again.

We had a backup from the previous day that has replaced it. I have gone through this morning and added everyone (up until noon EST on 8/26/15) that had signed up for the Nythera Event. You can look in this post to see if you're signed up (REMINDER: Check the time of the post, we do not update instantaneously).

Unfortunately, if you registered to the forum yesterday, your account was rolled back, and you'll need to create a new one. This means you'll also have to re-register for the Nythera Event because everyone without an account found was removed.

I'm sorry for all the people this has impacted. I know how frustrating it is to lose your posts (and/or your account). Suffice it to say, a number of us were up far too late last night and have been working diligently today to try to get things back on track. The forum looks good today and is running smoothly, so there should be no issues.

Thank you all for your understanding, and we look forward to talking with you more on the forum :)

• Like 1

That's because they were turned off in your profile. 

If something not working, check there first, with the moves and changes, something may not have made the transition.

You're thinking I'm an idiot now aren't you. It's okay, you can say it.....I accept it :D
Everything else ported over so well that I didn't even think to check it.

Did you change it for me? When I checked it it appeared to be set up properly (of course, I'm an idiot so maybe not). If so, then thanks.

I changed it for you while I was looking into it ..

Thanks for responding....I was waiting for a response to a thread I'm following to check it........unfortunately, I did not get an email notification...though I did get a forum notification in the top right of the page.

I am getting emails from staff....I recently received an email from Justin about something we were discussing. So I don't think it could be my email account.

Yeah, still like that.....Notification page is telling the system to email me but I'm not getting them....I get the alert at the top of the forum page. My spam filter is set to standard and there is nothing in my 'ignore' list. I don't know.

What is the email address that the notifications come from? I can then tell my email server to never block those in case that is the problem.....though I never had a problem before and I do get staff emails.

Yeah, still like that.....Notification page is telling the system to email me but I'm not getting them....I get the alert at the top of the forum page. My spam filter is set to standard and there is nothing in my 'ignore' list. I don't know.

What is the email address that the notifications come from? I can then tell my email server to never block those in case that is the problem.....though I never had a problem before and I do get staff emails.

I don't think it's the e-mail address you want. I'll PM it to you.

Ok, time has passed by and the new forum should be set, more or less.
Two questions:

• All of my Friends on the Forum are gone, I can't seem to find them from my Profile anymore, at least. Are they gone forever? I added many italian users just to remember them, now, obviously, I can't remind who they were...
  •  

Could the old upcoming releases forum post be restored until the Upcoming page is implemented?  Devious schemes of the wallet evaporating type need to be devised... :mask

This. All of the previous Newsletters' images look like they're gone, and lately also the images uploaded by Ratty and Aaron don't show up anymore, even by using the change address trick (wyrd-games.net to themostexcellentandawesomeforumever-wyrd.com, man I typed this damn address entirely so many times lately, I'm starting to hate it xD).
This leaves us with countless unserviceable pages and shares (like 2010 to present day), starting with all of the Monday Previews and the GenCon Releases article

http://themostexcellentandawesomeforumever-wyrd.com/topic/109517-upcoming-releases-and-gencon/
http://themostexcellentandawesomeforumever-wyrd.com/forum/268-monday-previews/

Ok, time has passed by and the new forum should be set, more or less.
Two questions:

• All of my Friends on the Forum are gone, I can't seem to find them from my Profile anymore, at least. Are they gone forever? I added many italian users just to remember them, now, obviously, I can't remind who they were...
  •  

Could the old upcoming releases forum post be restored until the Upcoming page is implemented?  Devious schemes of the wallet evaporating type need to be devised... :mask

This. All of the previous Newsletters' images look like they're gone, and lately also the images uploaded by Ratty and Aaron don't show up anymore, even by using the change address trick (wyrd-games.net to themostexcellentandawesomeforumever-wyrd.com, man I typed this damn address entirely so many times lately, I'm starting to hate it xD).
This leaves us with countless unserviceable pages and shares (like 2010 to present day), starting with all of the Monday Previews and the GenCon Releases article

http://themostexcellentandawesomeforumever-wyrd.com/topic/109517-upcoming-releases-and-gencon/
http://themostexcellentandawesomeforumever-wyrd.com/forum/268-monday-previews/

Bump!
Seriously Aaron, we're missing a lot of images! Please, host them again somewhere, googlin' & hopin' someone else rehosted them, each time I want to show/watch something, is being a nightmare

Bump!
Seriously Aaron, we're missing a lot of images! Please, host them again somewhere, googlin' & hopin' someone else rehosted them, each time I want to show/watch something, is being a nightmare

This isn't a solution but GMort has quite a few Monday Previews: http://gmortschaotica.blogspot.fi/search/label/Monday Preview

• Like 1