Looking for Tips: Crew building for Campaign

Hagisman

In the passed couple of days I've been testing out crews, but I had really bad counters. 

I tested out Grimwell with Orderlies, Witchling Stalker, and Nurse Hearts bane. But I didn't have many reliable range attacks and couldnt keep Grimwell and Nurse Heartsbane alive. 

what should I keep in mind when I build my arsenal? 

Should I diversify my crew?

Edited by Hagisman

• 1 month later...

I would diversify your crew. I would stick with only running one stalker to start like you have, just for condition removal if you need it. Otherwise, some good choices are:

- Austringers (useful in helping others achieve schemes, shooting into combat, doesn't need LOS, generally being annoying)
- Hunters (can bring your targets closer to your melee, strong in their own right)
- Death Marshals (unimpeded, can pine box big targets, hard to wound)
- Maybe a watcher for scheme running if you think you need it.

Generally anything that can support your slow movement speed and lack of shooting would help you quite a bit I think.

I would diversify your crew. I would stick with only running one stalker to start like you have, just for condition removal if you need it. Otherwise, some good choices are:

- Austringers (useful in helping others achieve schemes, shooting into combat, doesn't need LOS, generally being annoying)
- Hunters (can bring your targets closer to your melee, strong in their own right)
- Death Marshals (unimpeded, can pine box big targets, hard to wound)
- Maybe a watcher for scheme running if you think you need it.

Generally anything that can support your slow movement speed and lack of shooting would help you quite a bit I think.

Very legit advice right there, those four models are fantastic. You might also want to save towards another henchman, The Judge or Ryle are both very solid at range and in melee as well as quite tanky.

As for the slow part I do believe that Hagisman's starting list has some of the fastest models available in the entire guild so should have no problems running schemes.

@Hagisman: Have you planned on a particular master?

My campaign has been running for 4 weeks now.

I started with the Judge sporting Unrelenting Leader, Grimwell, a Peacekeeper and a Watcher.  I've since added a Witchling Stalker, Pathfinder and Austringer.

Grimwell is disgusting with campaign upgrades.  He currently has +1Df and :+fate to damage flips.  Those two alone make his Lobotomize terrifying and with Df7 he's rather hard to hit.  I just recently picked up a Gatling Gun, and now he's the scariest ranged model I have.  2/5/6 with Brutal is, well, brutal.

The Judge/Peacekeeper tag team is utter filth, especially when said Peacekeeper has :+fate to Ml.

Enforcers/Henchmen are nice in campaign because they can get skills/equipment to make them better at their job or just give them a new job.

Edited by Chumbalaya
  • Like 1