Forum Update

Lucidicide

Later today, we are going to begin migrating our forum to a newer software. While the migration is taking place, we are also going to point the domain name to the new location. Functionally, this means that our forum will be down for a period of time. Hopefully the transition is fast and smooth, and we'll be back up and running in no time.

We think the new forum will be a big improvement, and it provides us with new functionality. Please bear with us as it implements and we all adjust to the new capabilities.

Thanks, and see you on The Other Side... (see what I did there? so clever)

• Like 2

We've moved over to a new server, but the tech guys didn't bother doing the updates as they were supposed to. 

Needless to say, not a happy person about this. Sorting it now, may see changing here shortly, may not see them for another ten days.

Yaaaay for communication and purposeful misunderstandings. 

Ugh....change.

:D

Looks great. Gonna take some time for this dinosaur to figure it all out, but it's pretty.

What's the little green and red up/down arrows for? 

I found the 'Mark Site As Read' button, but it doesn't seem to work. I hit it and the next time I hit 'show new' it all came up again...even things that I actually looked at. 

(Edit) okay, never mind I found the 'filters' section. I assume the green/red arrows are for Like and not like?

I'm already really missing the 'back to top' button.

Edited by dgraz
  • Like 1

Anyway you could change the "First Unread Post" icon from grey on black to maybe white on black? Hard to tell visually right now and that is how I check to see there is a new post. Additionally, the "Faction Discussion" speech bubble on the main home page doesn't seem to update each time one of the faction's discussions gets posted in.

Edited by NoHero

Two suggestions:

It looks like posts are semi-transparent across themes and background, which is a little visually jarring for me. I'd like to have the posts be solid color (no background bleedthrough) for reading purposes. Did I miss an option that will let me do that?

For those using the light theme, the Report Post button blends into the post frame unless you're directly hovering over the post, in which case it becomes a touch darker and more visible. I'd adjust it so it's a bit darker to begin with.