What do YOU want for a dual-faction master?

ekt3

I want a Gremlin/Guild master who is actually two Gremlins in a tall coat that have yet to be found out.

They would have a McCabe style Dismount action which would result in two, slightly worse Gremlins.

"They killed Fritz!" - Wizards

That's what that idea made me think of.

I wish it would be the master who has been already mentioned in the fluff several times - Albus von Schtook - Resurrectionists\Arcanicts master who can hire Academic models regardless of faction. And I wish that he would be a talkative brain in a jar like in the film The City of Lost Children.

I'm still baffled why people think Von Schtook (by the way, that's a really strange name in German) might be an Arcanist. He's pretty much archetypical Resser in my eyes.

I'd like him hiring Academics though.

• Like 1

I'm still baffled why people think Von Schtook (by the way, that's a really strange name in German) might be an Arcanist. He's pretty much archetypical Resser in my eyes.

I'd like him hiring Academics though.

I mentioned this earlier, but all of his Students are constructs. Who but someone with an Arcanist inkling would have the knowledge necessary to build constructs?

I mentioned this earlier, but all of his Students are constructs. Who but someone with an Arcanist inkling would have the knowledge necessary to build constructs?

Erm. Pretty much everyone builds constructs. The Guild get theirs from a private factory if I remember the latest TtB one-shot right. Arcanists are a political and ideological group, not a group everyone building constructs belongs to.

Flesh Constructs are constructs too, and McMourning is no Arcanist.

Just thought I'd share my vision for a Gremlin/Resserectionist Minion which I lovingly refer to as an "Anklebiter" (though I should come up with a better name). Which is like a zombie Gremlin Backpack for a zombie Gremlin.

I was a little rushed as it is 0300 here. Let me know what you think.

As Always,

The Grue

Even if Ramos wasn't a member of the Arcanists, being president of the Union sort of puts him on the top of the Guild's "DO NOT WANT" list. He's essentially the leader of their greatest political rival in Malifaux.

But if i remember right, it was Ramos who saved the life of Hofmanns brother Ryle (if one can call it "life"). So once there must have been a connection between Guild and Ramos wich could be used to explain his dual nature.

But if i remember right, it was Ramos who saved the life of Hofmanns brother Ryle (if one can call it "life"). So once there must have been a connection between Guild and Ramos wich could be used to explain his dual nature.

The connection being that Ramos is a genius and public figure who opposes the Guild. Hoffman wasn't part of the Guild at that time.

In my opinion he might be Arcanist because 1) Arcanists have just one dual-faction master (Mei Feng) when other have at least two; 2) at least three models with Academic characteristic have close ties to arcane magic - Oxfordian Mage, Freikorps Librarian and Sanctioned Spellcaster from Wave 3; 3) he seems to be at some point opposite and rival to other Ressers (except Molly), which can be emphasized by making him dual-faction (and we already have one Outcast\Resser).

Or a neverborn Stolen that's been planted in the Arcanists to steal their knowledge and techniques for the natives to even the scales.

I don't know what I'd want for dual factions m'self.... Maybe a Arcanist/Outcast who can tie all the academics together? Someone who can unite the mages, hannah, and the librarian scholars to proove once and for all that Knowledge is Power. And Knowing... is half the battle. And... and.... the more you know!

ENinja

Oh, I know exactly what's going down.

I envision that Marcus gets his voodoo on and goes all Baron Samedi and turns Arcanist/Rezzer. He's practically there already so its not even a stretch and fits the fluff perfectly because of his relationship with Doug and niece. Arcans need a rezzer too! It's BRILLIANT! :D

Holy shit - I just realized what the Nightmare boxset for 2016 should be! Nightmare Marcus with everything being dead. I really hope an Arcanist wins Nythera now.

Actually, you know what - screw it... I can make Marcus Nightmare myself. I don't need you! :D

But seriously... Marcus goes Arcanizzer, gets a top hat, and wears skull facepaint. Its happening whether you like it or not. Looks like its time for me to gets to work, eh zFiend? B)

--------

You guys are all wrong about Von Schtook too. ;) In my mind, him and Leveticus have a relationship like Dario Argento and Lucio Fulci had - Schtook is Fulci and he ends up spending his whole life absorbed in trying to surpass his rival Leveticus (Argento) but never quite getting out of second place and into the limelight. I've put some "serious" thought into expanding the NPC Schtook character (which you will see in the coming months if you check out my hobby thread from time to time;) ). Schtook is definently a straight rezzer though. Rezzer to the bone.

Great thread, btw.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Some of those combinations are difficult to justify though.

Like Guild/Arcasnist. It would probably have to be a double agent like Lucius or Dr. McMourning is.

Guild/Arcanist... Perhaps we could have a robot master, as both factions are into that.  Hmm, come to think of it... Why isn't Hoffman dual faction, his fluff even points in that direction.

Neverborn/Resurrectionist master based off of Sweeney Todd.  Close combat, bleed effects, Pull-based movement shenanigans.  Mrs. Lovett Henchwoman, corpse-counter based healing, grim realization that heals an enemy a bit but then inflicts status debuffs as they realize what they've done.  Minions are undead, possibly called "Leftovers".

Mainly I see a very pissed off Neverborn infiltrating human society and punishing them by feeding them to each other and screwing with them by raising up the remains to sow further discord.

This is awesome.

• Like 2

I wouldn't mind seeing an Arcanist/Gremlin who is kind of like Marcus in that he's a naturalist/biologist but he's obsessed with gremlin physiology and culture instead of beasts. I could see them being a buffing master that works almost like the nurses do. I could certainly see an academic biologist being very interested in just how gremlins work. He could even have gremlin assistants that he's enhanced to be smarter or stronger or something!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I love the neverborn/resser sweeny todd idea

Other than that, I'd like to see a neverborn outcast. As current outcasts are outcasts from the human populous, imagine a neverborn being outcast from the neverborn, finding a new home among the mercenaries. Fluff based around the culture clash and blatant racism overcome by comrodery and the one for all and all for money outcast mantra.

This would have been more awesome before the scion of black blood came out, but something like that. A gun wielding, melee master bleeding all over everything, handing out condition removal/buffs/healing/etc to anyone willing to fight beside him, and a totem that extends the range of those buffs

To drill home his epicness and field pressence, have terrifying in addition to a defensive trigger than gives paralysed on a failed action that targets him.

Actually, I now remember that killjoy is an outcast neverborn.

Maybe just make him a master haha

Edited by 4554551//
Killjoy

I was under the impression humans and neverborn kinda had a dislike of each other.. largely based on the fact that one isn't like the other..

What would you call it? Specism I guess

Well I'd call it a game that has a fluff of war between mankind VS nature which has been around for a long time as a subject. Has nothing to do with blatant racism.