What do YOU want for a dual-faction master?

ekt3

Current dual-faction Masters (excluding TT)

Tara - Outcast/Reser

McMourning - Reser/Guild

Lucius - Guild/Neverborn

Zoradia - Neverborn/Gremlin

If you had to make a new dual-faction master, what factions would you want it to be from? What mechanics/models would you want it to use/synergize with? What new models would you create to do it?

I'd love to see an Arcanist/Gremlin Master and have Sparks dual-faction into it. They could create some sort of terrifying Gremlin Abomination born of "failed" experiments. Also, Gremlin/Pig centaurs! Grempigs! Steam Arachnid/Pig? SPIDERPIGS!!! Think of the (terrifying) possibilities?!

Not really in a hurry to get more masters, but if and when I'd like them to complete the circle of dual factions, with one gremlin/arcanist and one arcanist/outcast. The rest of the factions should get an additional single faction master as well, so everyone gets something...

An gremlin/arcanist Foundry master sounds cool, same with an arcanist/outcast academic. Then Schtook could be all-ressee, and they'd need a new concept for neverborn (Cooper?), guild and thunders...

While I think an Academic master would be cool I don't think it should be Von Schtook and it might not even be dual faction, maybe just pure Outcast or something like that. If it was a thing though I would definiely like to see Schtook as a Resser Henchman.

Well there we have it!

But seriously that would be a master I'd like to see. Undead gremlins must be a thing! Just look at Rathnard and SGE painting threads and tell me those aren't the most awesome things ever!

... After yoga pants that is but that's a given.

There is this (no longer active) thread: where I made a post about "A band of gypsies for my Zoraida crew", so expanding that idea...

Always on the Road - Stefan Lacatosh Box Set (Neverborn/Outcasts - As I already said, they are relatives of Zoraida that came through the second breach.)

Stefan Lacatosh

Dark curly hair, impressive mustache, barechested (wearing only a vest). A smirk on his face, hands are slightly lifted, so you can see, that he means no harm. "Come on, I wouldn't hurt you." In the back, he has a knife behind his belt.

Master, Living

Gypsy

Where's your master, pal? Ability: Crews led by this model may hire up to 4 models with the Hound Characteristic that are not the Crew's declares faction.

(1) Kick Up Dirt Attack Action: Target enemy model gains the following Condition until the end of this Activation: "Ah, you bastard!: This model doesn't flip a card when defending in an opposed duel." It still may cheat though.

(1) Knife in the Guts Attack Action (Ml 4 / Rst: Df / Rg: :melee 1): Target model suffers 3/4/6 damage.

(1) Don't stand there and do something! Tactical Action: (Ca 7 / TN: 14 / Rg: 10): Target friendly model with the Gypsy Characteristic may immediatelly perform a (1) Action.

:maskDidn't you hear me?!: After failing immediatelly perform this Action again against the same target.

Let's drink to that Upgrade

Cost: 1 SS

► This model gains the following Ability:

You are my favorite gadže: When this model is deployed, choose up to 2 non-Peon models. The chosen models gain the Gypsy Characteristic for the rest of the game.

Neverborn/Outcasts

Restriction: Stefan Lacatosh, Limited

Džukel

Peon, Living, Totem (Stefan Lacatosh)

Gypsy, Hound

(1) Growl Attack Action (Ca 5 / Rst: Wp / Rg: 10):  Target model moves its Wk away from this model.

:maskIs that a foam at its mouth?: Target model moves its Cg instead of Wk.

(1) Tug Tactical Action (Ca 5 / TN: 12 / Rg: -): Discard an enemy Scheme Marker in base contact with this model. At the end of this model's Activation place a Scheme Marker into it's base contact.

(2) Burry Tactical Action (Ca 5 / TN: 12 / Rg: 6): Push this model into base contact with the target Corpse or Scrap Marker, then discard it.

Esmeralda, The Gypsy Fiddler

Red headscarf, long dark wavy hair, white shirt, long skirt, barefooted, playing violin.

Henchman, Living, Rare 1

Gypsy

Puri Daj Zoraida Ability: This model may be hired by Crews led by Zoraida regardless of declared faction.

Song Request Ability: Before performing a duel, this model may discard a card. Add the suit of the discarded card to the duel's final total.

(2) In the Whirl of Dance Attack Action (Ca 5 / TN: 12 / Rst: Wp / Rg: 12): Target model discards a random card. If the target model has the Gypsy Characteristic, instead, it draws a card.

:ram The Gypsy Balad: After succeeding, target model receives the Slow Condition.

:crow Czardas: After succeeding, target model receives the Fast Condition.

:mask Touching Melody: After succeeding, target model receives the Mood Swing Condition. (Just like Pandora's Incite and Candy's Wail.)

:ram:tomeSimply Stunning: After succeeding, target model receives the Paralyzed Condition.

Gypsy Wagon

A colourful wagon with a lot of things like frying pans, cauldrons, chickens and a guitar hanging on it. The model would have two sets of side walls, so it could be used either as Gypsy Wagon or as wagon for Collodi's travelling troupe. 50 mm base.

Minion, Construct, Rare 1

Gypsy

Puri Daj Zoraida Ability: This model may be hired by Crews led by Zoraida regardless of declared faction.

Sturdy Ability: Damage flips against this model suffer :-fate. Reduce all damage suffered by this model by +1, to a minimum of 1. 

Patch Ability: Models with the Gypsy Characteristic that are in base contact with this model may perform (1) Interact Action with it to allow it to perform 1/2/3 Healing Flip.

The model would have no Attack Actions at all.

(1) Supplies Tactical Action: (Ca 5 / TN: 11 / Rg: -): Place one Supply Marker within 3" of this model and lower this model's Wd by 1. Friendly models that are in base contact with Supply Marker may perform (1) Interact Action with it to allow up to 3 models with the Gypsy Characteristic other than Gypsy Wagon within 3" of that Supply Marker to perform 1/2/3 Healing Flip. Discard the Supply Marker afterwards.

:tomeProfusion: Place two Supply Markers instead of one and lower this model's Wd by 2 instead of 1.

(0) Duck Behind Tactical Action (Ca 5 / TN: 10 / Rg: -): Until the start of this model's next Activation area in :aura 6" is considered to have Soft Cover trait.

:ramWagon, Sweet Wagon: The area is considered to have Hard Cover trait instead.

(0) Strew Tactical Action: Place a Scheme Marker within 3" of this model and lower its Wd by 1.

Edited by Phinn
  • Like 1

Papa Grombi made use of the dead Gremlins he could get his hands on. Unfortunately as most Gremlins do not die in a peaceful "whole" manner he had to improvise.

One set of Undead Gremlins I came up with I dubbed "anklebiters" but he took one Gremlin that had no arms from a nasty pig feeding incident and a Gremlin that lost his lower half to a hungry gator and stitched them together. The Gremlin with no legs was stitched with rusty barbed wire onto the Gremlin with no arms like a Backpack. Gremlins are a resourceful bunch and make do with the shortcomings they have at hand.

Also, Unead Gators with a few dozen Gremlin arms for legs like a Gatorpede.

Just a thought.

As Always,

The Grue

I would love to see a Resurrectionist/Arcanist Dual faction master that focuses on the cold/death motives similar to like a frosty deathknight idea of WoW. He could have som sort of aura around him in which nothing can grow or thrive and he would summon Rimebound Dead (stolen from MTG). Could be cool.

Neverborn/Resurrectionist master based off of Sweeney Todd.  Close combat, bleed effects, Pull-based movement shenanigans.  Mrs. Lovett Henchwoman, corpse-counter based healing, grim realization that heals an enemy a bit but then inflicts status debuffs as they realize what they've done.  Minions are undead, possibly called "Leftovers".

Mainly I see a very pissed off Neverborn infiltrating human society and punishing them by feeding them to each other and screwing with them by raising up the remains to sow further discord.

• Like 7

We don't need Arcanist/Gremlin to have a mad scientist Gremlin mind you.  Gremlins are largely about mimicry anyway.  It's not like Merris is Arcanist/Gremlin or the Kin are Guild in any way.  I do wish Hoffman had been Guild/Arcanist myself.  Oddly enough, he's the Guild master that pulls you the most into another faction, way more than Lucius or McMourning or McCabe.

I like the idea of a Arcanist/Guild master. Ramos should be the one, like McM pretend to be a Guildie, but only to keep his secrets and preventing the guilds attention. The theme should be Constructs of cause.^^

Even if Ramos wasn't a member of the Arcanists, being president of the Union sort of puts him on the top of the Guild's "DO NOT WANT" list. He's essentially the leader of their greatest political rival in Malifaux.

clearly the only dual faction master who really needs to exist is the outcast/gremlin master, Li'l Schill, Von Schill's adopted gremlin child

EDIT: i posted this almost three minutes ago and still haven't received a call from wyrd telling me I'm hired, what gives???

• Like 1

Through this out there: a Gremlin/Arcanist member of the Order of Chimera that focus on insects and an Arcanist/Outcast member of the Cult of December would be neat. More over Gremlin/Arcanist and an Arcanist/Outcast would complete the circle: Gremlin->Neverborn->Guild-> Resurs->Outcast with no links to Arcansts and 10 Thunders in the center. 

The Gremlin/Arcanist would have larva as a totems and what the totems consume will determine into what it grows into. I have it listed as a flesh wasp or iron beetle. His henchman is a "queen". Enforcers are hosts which have lava living in them forming a new strange symbiotic relationship. I also would like to up the play of corps and scrap token and make some things based off of actual insects and parasites, such as if this attack would kill then the model heals 1 wound and is sac at the end of the turn summoning a flesh wasp, this represent quick growth of a parasitic wasp egg being injected into a person.

I have a lot of idea on masters I want to see and I am even prepping some for a TTB game, such as a savage gremlin, neverborn undead (yes it has been mentioned before but this is more than swamp fiends), advance weapon and tactics arm of the guild and five I will not say because I like the idea behind them too much. I am even make a new faction for my TTB games, just to mess with my players who play Malifaux. Some are old myths with new variation on it others are tropes I like but flush it out some in neat ways. My brother and I sat down and thought of what our friends would be in different factions, and we came up with some fun things from a kabuki performer with fireworks focus and some trick shooters to penguin where half the job of the crew is to babysit the master to have him work the way you want him to and not be random to a guild investigator that leads the militia and constables as disposable fodder to clime the ranks. Often we talked in terms of a master, 1 henchmen, 1 enforcer, 2 minions and a totem.

Now on a different part of this I would like models in both their respective factions that the master want to take but are only available for them if they declare that faction, such as adding a model that uses brilliance that is only available for Lynch in X faction because it not darkened or a Resur or 10 Thunder only ancestor.

• Like 1

I wish it would be the master who has been already mentioned in the fluff several times - Albus von Schtook - Resurrectionists\Arcanicts master who can hire Academic models regardless of faction. And I wish that he would be a talkative brain in a jar like in the film The City of Lost Children.

• Like 1

Unknown. It clear she arrived in Malifaux before the current human population, either during the time of the first Breach, or some other time.

She arrived before the first humans. The background for Lilith talks about her being interested in what humans are like during the time of the first breach, but she had already known Zoraida before then, and it makes it seem like she was known as the Hag even back then.

I want a Gremlin/Guild master who is actually two Gremlins in a tall coat that have yet to be found out.

They would have a McCabe style Dismount action which would result in two, slightly worse Gremlins.

Oh my god this is amazing.