If you were to start again...

daniello_s

Imagine yourselves this situation: you loose all your models but you keep all of your current experience playing Malifaux.

How would you start Malifaux again? Would you go for the same faction you had before or would you try something else?

Personally if I were to start everything again (and I would definitely resume playing Malifaux, that's granted) I would start Gremlins. Their rules and models are so freaking awesome I wouldn't hesitate to take a dive into Bayou booze :D

If i had to start over again, I would begin with ten thunders. I love the Asian look of most of the range. lynch not so much as he just doesn't have the look that appeals to me. I imagine I'd get the same models I currently have as I don't see my tastes changing at all.

• Like 1

I'm still happy with my initial faction choice.  What I would do is I would be more focused with my building/painting.  

I still cannot field a crew of models without including some that are only primed or are mostly primed with a splash of paint.  This despite the fact that I have over a dozen models fully painted and another 20ish or so in process spread across two factions and fluff-wise tied to 5 or 6 masters.  

If I lost all my models today and were starting over I pick two masters, their crew boxes, and associated thematic models to make sure I have enough for ~70ss crews for each.  Those get built and painted while the rest of the models stay under lock-and-key.  (I don't have to stop buying them, just need to build a few at a time.)

i think, if I could do it all over again, I would have rolled with neverborn especially in 2.0. at this point I am way too heavily invested in ten thunders to try branching out into another faction. but if one of you steal all my stuff, yeah, i'd be picking up lillith and zoriada and some waldgeists. :P

I was writing the answer and after a while I realised that I simply don't know. For me its not what faction but rather what master.

I would finish reading fluff first and wait for release of some models that I am interested in at the moment (Spawn Mother and Gupps, McTavish, Bayou Gators, Stitched Together, Sammy LaCroix, Rooster Riders and Tengu), playing Vassal in the meantime and then I would decide.

But if someone would be like: "Hey, Phinn, I heard what happend to you. Choose any Box Set you like and an additional box, I'm buying," I would not probably choose Zoraida at the moment, because I am afraid that I wouldn't enjoy painting same models again. I would go for Ten Thunders Yan Lo - Masters of the Path (Yan Lo Box Set) and Izamu the Armor, because I really like their look. All those kimonos, that you can paint any colour you want, all those beautiful armors with... verdigris? Is it the right word? I would go to museums and read books about samurais and asian mythology. I would... OH... MY... GLOB! What have you done?! OH, COME ON!

• Like 1

I'd probably start again with Neverborn since they're my current favorite. I'd build back up my Ressers after that though. Or probably build them up at the same time. Or maybe I'd just keep buying whatever models catch my eye, which is pretty much what I do now.

How tragic is the loss? lol. For me, I would go full bore into Outcast at first and Ten Thunders. Having a lot of Ten Thunder now, the loss would put me off at first from recollecting them.  If I lost all my metal Resserectionist, that would be it for me, as I can't stand the plastics. It would only change the order I collect, not the factions I collect. 

• Like 1

As much as I love 10 Thunders, and as cool as Neverborn seem (which is the faction I'm not dipping into), I think I'd go with Ressurs if I started again. I was afraid of getting Nicodem from the beginning because I was afraid I'd end up buying the whole faction...and now I've bought the entire 10T faction, so I guess I should have gone with Nico in the first dang place!