GenCon shipping

Yeah. I also chose three day shipping because it wasn't that much more. So much for that.

They did put a notice on the store that it would take two weeks (at least) to send out the GenCon orders. 

Disclaimer:  I paid for USPS two day shipping knowing that it would take about two weeks between ordering the models and them shipping, because regular priority is less predictable.  It's the same reason why it's almost always worth it to ship by courier instead of airmail.

I second this. I had 5 separate orders between my desires and friends add-ons.

4 of the orders were tracked and arrived 14/8 (2) and 17/8 (the other 2)

1 order smuggled its way past box check and arrived by surprise on 14/8

End result made my orders 30/7 and from order - packing - shipping US to Australia the longest took 18 days.

My only issue is that it will take longer than that to put everything together...... I need an assembly peon (someone with incredible patience, microscope vision and soft tweezers for fingers... I will make it LIVE!)

• Like 1

Order 2124 has made it across the Ocean and now arrived in England. It was delivered yesterday.

Points of note.

1-No customs charges it would seem!

2-In both the Crossroads 7 and Starter box it appears as though a piece fell of the sprue and was then reattatched via a small plastic bag. Has anyone else had this?

3-Sizing issues on the instruments for the crossroads 7 are a lot less noticeable in the flesh. Sloth's instrument still looks like it has a dinky body but up close it is now much more obvious that it is meant to be a repurposed shovel.

4-The starter models assembled so easily! Everything seems to have very good joining surfaces meaning that they all assembled without gaps or obvious joins. Only slight difficulty was that it wasn't immediatley obvious on the Orderlies and Scion which was the left foot and which was the right. Also the slightly Bearded wretch is not immediatley obvious how his arms are mean to assemble unless you check the art/digital render.

With regards the customs for the UK, I think they go on the value of the goods inside.  I think the limit is around £130?  Once the value gets over that, they may take a look.

Also it depends on whether gaming items come under the new guidelines of items that fall under customs duty.

Plus they don't always hold every parcel over the limit either.  A friend in Customs told me that!

With regards the customs for the UK, I think they go on the value of the goods inside.  I think the limit is around £130?  Once the value gets over that, they may take a look.

Also it depends on whether gaming items come under the new guidelines of items that fall under customs duty.

Plus they don't always hold every parcel over the limit either.  A friend in Customs told me that!

It's around £40, although it's no guarantee. I've had stuff under £20 get charged. (£13 customs charge for that one!) and stuff over £100 get through fine.

Up until my Malifaux order, the last 5 items I bought from the USA all got hit by customs >.<

Regarding the starter set, just assembled all the models. Few fiddly bits but nothing too tricky although a pair of tweezers/foreceps turned out to be really handy.

I am very impressed by the models however, very very few gaps  and in some cases the join was seamless. The models whilst a little plain have a lot of character. Although, I'm not sure my painting skills are up to the challenge!

• Like 1

Order 2124 has made it across the Ocean and now arrived in England. It was delivered yesterday.

Points of note.

1-No customs charges it would seem!

2-In both the Crossroads 7 and Starter box it appears as though a piece fell of the sprue and was then reattatched via a small plastic bag. Has anyone else had this?

3-Sizing issues on the instruments for the crossroads 7 are a lot less noticeable in the flesh. Sloth's instrument still looks like it has a dinky body but up close it is now much more obvious that it is meant to be a repurposed shovel.

4-The starter models assembled so easily! Everything seems to have very good joining surfaces meaning that they all assembled without gaps or obvious joins. Only slight difficulty was that it wasn't immediatley obvious on the Orderlies and Scion which was the left foot and which was the right. Also the slightly Bearded wretch is not immediatley obvious how his arms are mean to assemble unless you check the art/digital render.

TIMH, in regards to #2, I had this with my Brewmaster box. I can't speak to how common an occurrence it might be but I think it speaks volumes about their awesome quality control. I would never have noticed the small piece missing, I believe it was a part from Fingers, until I had already started putting them together.

TIMH, in regards to #2, I had this with my Brewmaster box. I can't speak to how common an occurrence it might be but I think it speaks volumes about their awesome quality control. I would never have noticed the small piece missing, I believe it was a part from Fingers, until I had already started putting them together.

I too had Fingers arm in a little bag taped to a sprue.