GenCon shipping

Best guess, everybody gets a stack of order sheets and runs around a giant warehouse like this 

I'm thinking that is exactly what happens. My friend and I were discussing optimum stack size so that we could figure out where in a stack we would be likely to fall in shipping order :D

I'm worried as my order is in the I'd 100 and I didn't even get a confirmation email let alone one for shipping. Need the webstore beck up so I can get the actual order number and find out what's happening.

Frustrated as I got my order in real early.

Order 1462 arrived today, despite no emails at all from the store. Be interesting to know if this is a 'known' problem or its just gone to Junk.

One advantage was that I wasted forever wanting to check the UPS tracking!

Got my package on Monday.  Things of note:

I'm not sure if the Brutal Effigy's lantern is supposed to be attached already or if its just laid out that way as a dirty, dirty tease, but mine was not connected.  Pretty easy connection though, so no complaints.  Also, the Peacekeeper goes together beautifully.  Really magnificent engineering work there.  That said, I would like to take a moment to discuss the Austringers or....

Wyrd's greatest bait and switch ever!!!

Ok, so the Austringers.  They were one of the few model designs I really liked and when I started 2E I was really excited to get them.... every month... but no.  A year later there's a grand tease, new art on the cover of the Wave 2 book for a Wave 1 model, but its beautiful and must be coming soon... right?  Alas, no, and a year later, they're finally announced for June with that amazing Native American model in all his glory... and this goofy hunched over guy with a bird balancing on ONE LEG that's probably going to be enormous because he's crouching.... ugh.  June comes and goes and I cry a little, but no matter, they're out late August, but I'm getting them at GenCon no matter what.

The box arrives and I get right to work deciding to set aside the night to start on the goofy hunched over guy.  Much to my surprise, he's incredible.  The bird leg is wonderfully attached to the arm and sockets into the bird itself effortlessly, the man himself is a great scale size (bird is a little large, but good for him!), notably shorter than other models since he's crouched in a really unique, dynamic pose.  Face shrinks to something that looks great and he's just loaded with detail and character.  Surprisingly, he's the Austringer I never new I wanted so much.

Then I move on to the real prize and... the horror begins.  All that focus on the crouching guy drew my attention from the standing one.  His bird attaches by putting the two legs in the bird, one of which makes Yan Lo's beard look like Santa Clause which then have to line up and sit on his arm.  The fun only starts there though with a single thread of plastic running from one hand to another, and a separate string running to his back along with a side satchel that similarly requires cords run alongside him.  Beware all, this is without question the most challenging model I've seen.  I love him dearly and will paint him with all the skill I can must to cherish, but when I wake up sobbing, it will be in memory of that flea speck of a leg falling deep into the shallow carpet.   :angry:

Order got delivered while at work today. Missed it so its being sent to the closest POst office. Didn't come fed ex up here in canada, like last time. Can't wait for tomorrow or sunday. Not too bad for what I'm guessing was a crazy order period for wyrd.

For me its been both fast (kudos Wyrd) and slightly odd.

Got notification on 4/5 orders (don't judge me, I'm not addicted just... Ok I'm addicted).

Of those 2 arrived last week and I'm waiting on 2 more which I hope are very close.

The 5th non-notified arrived last week as well, totally out of the blue by courier? Beats me why, I was thinking it had been missed but nope, it obviously smuggled itself into some 1st class bag.

The awesome upside is I realistically expect all of my GenCon orders to arrive here in far off Australia by the end of next week. Could not really ask or expect better service than that.

Yeah; I'm happy enough to wait for it to arrive. It's the not knowing that gets me.

By chance does anyone  have the URL to get the Starter Set rulebook? I would'nt mind being able to look over it before my stuff arrives :P

You have to give them a picture of your receipt/invoice for that, so you probably need to wait for the box to arrive.  ;)

Arrived today. Dispatch date was labeled as the 12. I never got an email, but really excited it has finally arrived!

Can't wait to try a game, and miraculously I avoided customs charges! I've been hit by customs a lot recently, so that was certainly a nice perk :D