August 3rd - The Other Side

Lucidicide

From what I read from that interview link someone posted, something about 30-80mm bars. Does that mean tiny models on bases representing entire squads, a la Epic 40k? Because if so...

Speaking as the lead designer of the game, I don't know what a bar is. Most of the interview that came from is correct, though. I know I never said anything about a bar (I don't even drink!).

• Like 1

From what I read from that interview link someone posted, something about 30-80mm bars. Does that mean tiny models on bases representing entire squads, a la Epic 40k? Because if so...

As much as love Epic (mainly 4th (Armageddon) and 2nd (Space Marine) edition though, didn't like 3rd (Epic 40k) very much) I took the interview to mean that the models would range from 30 to 80 mm in height, i.e. the same as Malifaux.

I think something along the lines of 40k Epic would be pretty interesting. I'm not sure how much I'd be into just scaling up the list sizes of Malifaux for massive play. It pleases me that this supposedly won't be compatible with Malifaux though - throwing in too many side games would make balance a real pain eventually. 

I'm looking forward to more information on this new game, but I worry, that Wyrd will go the same way as Privateer Press and change their game from a sweet skirmish game to the monster it is today. Higher entry fees will scare off new gamers.

But as I said, I'm reserving judgement.

I'm looking forward to more information on this new game, but I worry, that Wyrd will go the same way as Privateer Press and change their game from a sweet skirmish game to the monster it is today. Higher entry fees will scare off new gamers.

But as I said, I'm reserving judgement.

But we're not changing Malifaux.

• Like 1

It sounds like everyone is jumping the gun. Malifuax is mordhiem and the Other Side sounds like it might be a small game of fantasy or something, but they are different games and Wyrd is not GW or PP as shown they did not add a master this year in there new book, a great move Wyrd. It does not sound like they will change or abandon Malifaux but rather are giving us a new part of this epic story, FINALLY!!! I was not a fan of 3 year of story holding pattern that was the ten thunder book and new edition, I understand why but I am glad that it is moving again.