Tristate maliFaux League (NJ, NY, PA)!!!! 9/2015-11/2015

ataraxianj

• 3 weeks later...

I certainly can't make TG weekend. I also don't think it should be the top 1 person from every club. Event is too small, nobody to travel with.. Sorry for the late opinions, just seems like a weak ending to a good thing.

So to address the issue with the top 1 of each club traveling, there are 2 tournaments running simultaneously at the gamestore during the championship day.  One is a 10 person championship for all of the club winners.  The other is a $5 entry tourney open to all (room for approximately 30 more players).  This is to encourage carpooling and make it a fun big event.  We will also be raffling all the door prizes at that time (during the lunch break) and we have some amazing stuff so far from a lot of great sponsors.  

Ok it's definitely rough that 3 of your players can't make it out that weekend.... I will check with Maplewood and see if its a possibility of doing it a week later.  (if that is a possibility, can everyone else be ok for that weekend?)  I have not heard negatives from any other conference for that weekend, but I am open.

Next months pairings will go up tonight!  season 3 will be standard deployment and....... flip a card prior to the game black (black joker, crows, tomes) plays reconnoiter, red (red joker, masks, or rams) plays stake a claim.

I would 100% not be able to make a different date.

that's good to know, please guys give me as much feedback as possible because this is a really difficult decision and so far I have only heard from people from 2-3 conferences and it's split right now for people availability.  ( when responding if you could give me a conference that would be really helpful, if you want to message me privately feel free)

These are all standard deployment and....... flip a card prior to the game black (black joker, crows, tomes) plays reconnoiter, red (red joker, masks, or rams) plays stake a claim.

Pairings for the next round are up-

Long Island 1

Long_Island_1.thumb.jpg.3f2d8089f27a035d

Long Island 2

Screenshot_2015-10-26_00.42.06.thumb.jpg

NuBrand

Screenshot_2015-10-26_00.42.15.thumb.jpg

Arcana

Screenshot_2015-10-26_00.43.33.thumb.jpg

The Only Game in Town

Screenshot_2015-10-26_00.43.39.thumb.jpg

Basement Jacks

Screenshot_2015-10-26_00.43.44.thumb.jpg

South Jersey

Screenshot_2015-10-26_00.43.50.thumb.jpg

Maplewood

Screenshot_2015-10-26_00.43.54.thumb.jpg

Tabletop Games

Screenshot_2015-10-26_00.43.59.thumb.jpg

Enter the Realm

thumbnail?id=0B12fOFPE74txUG5IcklYOE1nWD

Edited by Arash_Suri

So after talking to the players and getting feedback, the original date will stand.  There will be 2 tournaments taking place, 1 for all of the conference champions, 1 open to all for $5!  We will be handing out all raffle and participation prizes during the lunch break (participation has some awesome custom fate decks thanks to Gadzooks).  It is super important to get your games reported on time, and if you happen to win a conference and can't make it let me know as soon as possible so we can get your runner up out to compete.

All games must be reported by November 22nd.  Any games not reported by Nov 22nd will count as a loss for each player.  If you are having trouble scheduling a game with a player please contact me as soon as possible so we can get this resolved.

November 23rd conference champions will be posted.  If the conference champion is unable to make it to make it to the Championships, the runner up will be offered their place in the championship tournament (along with the custom prize support for the conference champion... sorry this is the one thing you absolutely need to be present to claim).  

November 28th will have 2 tournaments taking place at Maplewood Hobbies in NJ.  Registration/ check in will take place starting at 10am.  Championships are free to conference champions, $5 for the open tournament ($5 will go directly towards prize support for the open tournament).  Round 1 for both tourneys will start at 11am.  We will have lunch after the 2nd round, following lunch we will give out the raffle prizes (anyone involved in the league can win raffle prizes even if they are not at maplewood.  I will have a box to go back to each conference with the conference champion.... this is also where everyone's participation prize custom fate deck from Gadzooks will go).  After the final round, conference champion and league champion prizes will be handed out.  I would like people to bring some terrain with them if possible, we can outfit a lot of tables, but we have space for about 40 players total.  

• 3 weeks later...

Allrighty guys, less than 1 week left to report games.

There will be 2 tournaments running on 11/28.  One for all of the conference champions (and/ or their runners up if the champion is unable to attend), and one open to everyone else ($5 entry).  Registration for both begins at 10AM, match ups announced at 10:45, cards begin flipping at 11:00am.  It is very important that if you are a champion you let me know in advance if you can not make it to the event as soon as possible.

Prize support will include:

Prize for best looking table of terrain (its a great reason to bring out a table's worth of terrain if you have it!), Door prize raffles for Wyrd product (we have crew boxes, base inserts, token sets, terrain, limited edition models, etc), Raffles for prizes based on league participation, prize packages for all conference champions, prize package and trophy for league winner, and store credit prizes for the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners of the secondary tourney.  We have a lot of prizes, I definitely suggest making it out if you can.

Hope to see everyone there.

Spending the day bundling prize bundles! We have 3 prizes for the top 3 tables of terrain you guys bring out, prize bundles for the conference champions, a prize bundle for the winner of the league, fate deck participation prizes for all players, prizes for 1,2, and 3rd place in the open tourney, and a host of door and raffle prizes!

Allrighty guys, waiting on a few final results, but what we have so far is:

Arcana Conference champion: Al J, Runner up: Ed F.

Togit Conference champion: Ben H. Runner up: George H.

South Jersey Conference champion: Dave K, Runner up: Jacob F.

Enter the Realm: Chris L. Runners up: Brad and Charles

Basement Jacks: Matt B, runner up: Sebastian P

Brooklyn: Arash A, Runner up: Andrew W.  (followed very closely by Will P and Jarrett M).

Waiting to hear back from Tabletop Games and the long island group to finish. 

Congrats to our conference champions.  Remember there will be an open tournament running the same day and same location for anyone who is not a conference champion.  Tons of prizes for door prizes, raffle prizes, participation, 1,2,3 in the open tourney, conference champs, league champ, best 3 tables of terrain (definitely come out with your good terrain!).   Conference champions must be present to claim their prize, if they are not it will go to the next runner up present.

Sure!  We had 2 great tournaments happening, our open tournament and the championships.  In the open tournament George H. from The Only Game in Town placed 1rst with Eric Koger from Arcana (and co owner of Gadzooks) took 2nd.  In the league championships, Matt Birdoff from the Basement Jacks took 1rst with Ten Thunders, Ben Hong from TOGIT placed 2nd with Ten Thunders, and Scott Wilson from Long Island placed third (I believe with Outcasts).  

There were a lot of prizes that went out to pretty much all of the conferences (I do have a small box of stuff for the Massachucets crew that I need to get up there). It seemed like everyone had a terrific time, and even those who couldn't come to the tourney reported 3 months filled with fun games.  We will definitely be coming back next year and this will be an annual event.  Gadzooks and Underground Lasers have already pledged their support (and we may be getting more custom fate decks as participation prizes).  There is a Facebook group up for the Tristate Malifaux League and I do suggest that people like it for updates throughout the "off season."  Next year we are looking to iron out some of the reporting kinks as well as the issues that people had with the date.  We are also looking to expand further to more conferences.

• Like 2