Emissaries art are out

D_acolyte

So I am loving mysterious, brutal and carrion they are all kickass.

Can we gather from the Mysterious art that the changlings will be little plant creatures?

Also someone needs to make an outcast Don Quixote list with emissary as Sancho Panza

The art for these are all absolutely beautiful. But I truly hope Wyrd gets their assembly issues control by the time these are released or they will be hell to assemble. I mean look at them. The cage? If they will be another nightmare Golem or more parts these will go swinging by on me. Can't assemble that / transport it to actually play them. Here's to hoping. Really.

Nevergroot is cool!

Ramhead-DeathMarshal is cool although he lacks some details for me

Mech-minotaur is awesome

Carrion is one of the few resser models I really want

Shadow is ok, nothing spectacular

Lucky is just... gremlin

Outcasts... take that for playing that pesky Levi!

Donkeyman turning into Hooded Rider in Levi crew is epic :D

Mysterious - 5

Arcane - 4

Brutal - 3

Lucky - 2

Hodgepodge - 2

Carrion - 4

Shadow - 3

Really excited about Mysterious Emissary. I was so scared that it is not going to fit into Zoraida crew aestetically, but this... this makes me very happy.

I hope those actually are Changelings, because they are beautiful.

Carrion Emissary is probably my second favorite, Hodgepodge being the third.

My favourite is by far Brutal & Carrion, I also like the Shadow & Bull, which is good as they're the ones I intend on getting and using!

Of the rest, I love Lucky! So funny!  Shame I don't play Gremlins.  Mysterious is also nice!

The only one I'm not a huge fan of is the Donkey man...

In order of happiness:

Super happy with the Guild Emissary.  Of all of them, he's the closest to exactly what I wanted.

The Resser one is very cool and well done.  He's a great evolution of the Effigy similar to the Guild one.

Gremlin one is very fitting, being funny and odd and nicely ties in the Effigy.  Having previously seen it might dull the excitement a bit.

Arcanist one continues to look great.  Still a bit odd being a Minotaur to me coming from the very bookish Effigy, but I like him.  

The Neverborn guy is neat, but an odd change from the style of the Effigy.  Feels more like someone's plastic Avatar sculpt (Lilith?) got reused for this one.

On that note, Ten Thunders are getting Shen Long's plastic Avatar it seems.  Very cool model and it will fit with the faction very well, so I'm not really unhappy with it, but its not the interesting evolution others got.

And last.... ok, I actually love Donkey Man, I really do; but I wish he was something other than the Emissary.  My favorite ones are the ones that really feel like the Avatar form of the Effigy, and this one just doesn't do that for me.
  • Like 1

Neverborn looks good, mostly the evil pixies though, the ent is kind of generic.

Gremlin looks totally non functional, I guess it's supposed to be funny.

Outcast just looks stupid, I guess it's another failed attempt at humour.

Ten Thunder, the tiny little legs are adorable, do they foot bind their dragons?

Resurectionist looks good.

Guild concept is ok but the execution is terrible, look at his feet, they are both towards the viewer so his pelvis is towards the viewer as well. Yet his back is also towards the viewer. Will the crimes against anatomy never stop?

Arcanist is a cow, cows are really boring animals. What else is there to say?

Mysterious Emissary of my Heart

Every first day of the week I repeat:
"Give me my Gupps, give me Spawn Mother."
But the previews are just... bittersweet,

so why do I even bother?

A single tear rolled down my cheek.

What is wrong, did something fell into my eye?

My palms are wet, my knees are weak

and I know it - we will be together, you and I.

Oh, Mysterious Emissary of my heart,

your beauty is indescribable, the words fail me.

The concept is simply work of art.

I'll buy you, no matter what the price will be.

• Like 3

I think the Mysterious Emissary looks at home next to things like Bad Juju, Silurids and Waldgiests of which I only associate one of those with Lilith. Yes Lilith loves the Waldgiests, but a lot of swampy muck creatures tend to go with Zoraida aesthetic. Now if you are used to seeing Zoraida as a gremlin or with a lot of non swamp fiend models then it probably does not invoke Zoraida to you. For a centerpiece model that is supposed to go with anyone and the fact multiple upgrades lets it go with anyone I believe that having one aesthetic more prevalent than any other is an issue. I like how it looks, unlike Bad Juju.

This is why the Resur's works as it mimics no ones aesthetic but rather a stylization of the faction symbol or the Arcane Emissary that works to incorporate most of the aesthetic notes, beast like appearance, construct heavy and elemental dynamic (arms and blue fire)

Liliths avatar was the embodiment of natures wrath and had an aesthetic shift but that is not what her current model looks like. It is sort of like Zoraida surrounded by performers, the current Zoraida model would look out of place even though her old avatar would be perfectly fine or Predita surrounded by Nephilim even though her old avatar was one. An in faction example is Colet with a bunch of large monsters or Marcus with a rail golem, you look at it and think what??? Aesthetic are all about the looks, if you ran Mysterious Emissary, Avatar Lilith, Waldgiests and Bad Juju then it would fit in well.

Think of all those times you have looked at a crew and said that an odd model in there from a visual look, now was that model aesthetic probably clashed. Yes, Izamu I am looking at you with all those nurses around you. This clash is fine in general but if the goal is X will be a centerpiece model for the faction, this causes an issue.

Sorry for misspelling aesthetic, I will edit my other post.
That being said I plan on getting the Mysterious Emissary or Avatar Lilith because they are good looking models.