Story Event, Sunday 30th August, 12-6pm, Tanelorn WGC, East London

NigglePiggle

All,

As above Tanelorn are running a story event on Sunday 30th August from 12 until 6pm.

This will include two 50ss story encounters.  Fixed faction and fixed Master.

This will definitely be a non-competitive and hopefully fun event.  Nevertheless there will be prizes available based on a stretch goal system ie the more players we get the more prizes will be available!

Entry will be £3 collected on the day which isn't bad for an afternoon of organised play!

Please see attached for further information.

Tanelorn WGC is at:

Leytonstone Ex-Serviceman's Club

2 Harvey Road

London

E11 3DB

Nearest tube station is Leytonstone on the Central Line which is a few minutes walk away from the venue.

There are numerous cafes and eateries on Leytonstone High Road which is just round the corner.

If you are interested simply post below or sign up on this link:

http://tanelornwgc.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=894

All welcome.  Looking forward to seeing some of you there.

Attendees:

1. Conrad G

2. Dave B

3. Des B

4. James R

5. Maria ?

6. Matt C

7. Phil G

8. Connor

9. Tom B

10. Nig D (sub)

Nig :)

Sorry Guys,

Being the Luddite I am I couldn't work out how to attach.  Please see below for further information:

'It's my party and I'll lie if I want to . . .'

Malifaux Story Event

To mark the end of summer the Governor has mysteriously and unexpectedly declared that street parties will be held throughout the Guild-held areas of Malifaux.  As preparations are completed and the day dawns various crews begin to make their move to ensure the party ends when they say so . . .

Crew

Players must declare their Faction and their Master at the beginning of the event.  Neither may change during the event.  Each player must choose a 50ss crew from their chosen faction for each encounter.

Act I:  Street Party

The street parties are in full swing with a heavy Guild presence in force.  Various crews have focussed on the supply wagons the Guild is using to maintain its presence.  However, in the hustle and bustle of the parties the various crews are separated from each other.  Moreover, they know that the first shot or strike will bring down the full fury of the Guild and give their competitors the advantage.

Strategy:  Supply Wagon (Winner of Opposed Duel chooses Attacker or Defender, Defender then flips for victory conditions), Shindig (Red Joker)

Schemes:  Assassinate, Vendetta, Make the Suffer, Murder Protégé, Faction

Deployment:  Blind

Act II:  After Party

As the Guild move in to break up the party they arrest anybody and everybody, especially those known to them.  Even those working for the Guild are not spared.  As the dust settles and the party is definitely over, the after party begins as different crews attempt to free their captive comrades - or deal in some way with those belonging to other crews.

Strategy:  Jail Break (Winner of Opposed Duel chooses Attacker or Defender, Defender then flips for victory conditions)

Schemes:  A Line in the Sand, Distract, Plant Evidence, Power Ritual, Faction

Deployment:  Standard

Story Points

In addition to Victory Points (VPs) players may also earn Story Points (SPs) for the following achievements:

Custom-build and paint Supply Wagon Marker (50mm):  4SPs

Custom-build and paint Prison Cell terrain (3"x3", Ht 4):  4SPs

Dress as a Malifaux character:  4SPs

Start with the same crew in both encounters:  2SPs

Play with a fully painted crew (including summoned models) in both encounters:  4SPs

Declare Faction Scheme for both Acts at beginning of event:  4SPs

Prizes

The more players at the event the more prizes will be available.  A player may only win one prize.

Party Boy/Girl (8 Players)

Awarded to the player who earns the most combined SPs and VPs.

Best Dressed (12 Players)

Awarded to the player who earns the most SPs.

Party Animal (16 Players)

Awarded to the player who earns the most VPs.

Edited by NigglePiggle

Hi Dave,

Appreciated about the clash but the story event is principally for club members.  We just thought we'd offer it up to the community as a whole to see if anybody wanted to spend the afternoon playing a couple of casual games.  Given this, my hope is that we're not drawing from the same pool as Gearscon but will bear it in mind in future.

I also hope that all makes sense!

• 4 weeks later...

I'll be there. Probably with Hamelin, 'cause his orphans love a party! Two questions:

1. How does "Score VPs for faction scheme:  2SPs (This achievement may be earned twice, once in each encounter.)" work for Outcasts? Will I just not have the chance to score that at all?

2. What are the deployment zones in blind deployment (for scoring the strategy and the 10T faction scheme)?

Morning All,

Looking forward to our guests joining us on Sunday.  I've updated the Attendees accordingly.  Apologies if at this stage I only write down your username or even get your real names wrong  - I'm sure you or somebody else will gently correct me! 

Maria, with regard to your observant questions:

1. In light of the Outcast Faction Scheme I've tweaked how you obtain SPs for this.  Players must declare their Faction Scheme for BOTH Acts I and II when they declare their Master at the beginning of the event.  For Outcasts this means trading valuable VPs for valuable soulstones for both games.  I'll leave it to the experts to hammer out the pros and cons of such a gamble!

2. For Act I Strategies and Schemes only the deployment zones count as standard.

I hope that all makes sense.  One other thing that did occur to me is that opponents will be randomly drawn for both Acts with same match ups in Act II being simply redrawn.

Please let me know if there are any more questions.

Thanks to Niger for a fun and smoothly run event, plus drink delivered to the table! 

I like the 2 game format as that's the most I can win in a day :)

Great games against Conrad and Matt where an aggressive  close combat Seamus saved the day in both cases.

See you at another one soon.

Hi All,

Thanks for the comments but really the outlook of each participant made it very easy to run!

Apologies for the delay but the results are as follows.  Number in brackets is the number of victory points and story points scored as determined by the event pack . . . and my discretion! ;)

1. Dave B (32)

2. Maria W (27)

3. Connor B (24)

4. Tom M (21)

5. Conrad G (18)

5. James R (18)

6. Matt C (11)

7. Phil G (9)

Hoping to run another one of these at some point in the new year.  Any comments or questions that would help improve it further are most welcome.

Cheers,