Crossroads 7 and Factions

chris_havoc

Hey guys I remember trying out the Crossroads/Boondoggles in the Beta and complaining that they weren't a bonus cross-Faction crew. Reading the last Beta it seems to have been changed so that you can take the 7 regardless of declared faction. I was wondering if anyone knew or has heard about this being the case for the final release? I am considering getting the $60 box set from the Webstore at GenCon but would like to know about Factions before investing.

Hey guys I remember trying out the Crossroads/Boondoggles in the Beta and complaining that they weren't a bonus cross-Faction crew. Reading the last Beta it seems to have been changed so that you can take the 7 regardless of declared faction. I was wondering if anyone knew or has heard about this being the case for the final release? I am considering getting the $60 box set from the Webstore at GenCon but would like to know about Factions before investing.

In the beta they were all mercenaries, and they had a special rule that allowed them all to be in the same crew if lead by Wrath (so neverborn only) (so 48ss crew, allowign you up to 2 ss on neverborn upgrdaes). Jack daw could also hire them all regardless of faction, but to get the 7 you would need to be playing at the 60ss mark rather than 50ss

As of the last Beta update Wrath's Specific upgrade, which can only be attached to him if Wrath is the Crew's leader, and there are at least 7 Crossroads Seven models in the crew, can be attached regardless of declared faction, which to me implies that he can lead the crew even if you declare a faction other than Neverborn.

• Like 1

"Lead Singer: Crews led by this model may hire other Crossroads Seven models regardless of Faction. This model may be a Crew's Leader in 50 Soulstone size games and regardless of declared Faction so long as the Crew contains at least seven Crossroads Seven models."

This is what I am basing my knowledge off of. So was wondering if anyone had heard anything that would lead them to believe that this rule would no longer be the case is all. Was also putting this out there for any Wyrd employees in the know to perhaps shed light. :P

Sure there is a hug difference. If you want to only be the crossroad seven you have to be Neverborn because your leader must be your declared faction and he is the only henchmen that can be played in 50 stone games. This is also the only way to get all 7 in a 50 stone game, otherwise you would have to play a 60 stone game to have the full band.

I suppose you could declare any faction and hour Wrath as a merc, then hire the rest. That would be 49 stones, I think. That crew is pretty much going to play the same regardless.

I don't think you can use the mercenary rules when selecting your leader. It's not spelled out but it seems the intent from the rules on page 72.

Anyway, in the beta rules it's clearly stated on both Wrath's own card and his swift upgrade that he can be the leader regardless of declared faction.

So, I'm looking at Wrath's Deal at the Crossroads upgrade (purple card with the Neverborn logo on it), where it says:

This Upgrade may only be attached if Wrath is this Crew's Leader and this Crew contains at least seven Crossroads Seven models.  This upgrade does not count towards the maximum number of Upgrades allowed on this model and may be attached regardless of declared Faction.

Between that and Lead Singer

Crews led by this model may hire other Crossroads Seven models regardless of Faction.  This model may be a Crew's Leader in 50+ Soulstone size games, regardless of declared Faction, so long as the Crew contains at least seven Crossroads Seven models.

Certainly looks like they went through enough effort to let the Seven show up and choose which factions upgrades to use  (the whole point of declaring them as a different faction.  ;) ) in 50+ soulstone games.

At a 35 soulstone Henchment or Master game, Wrath as leader would have to show up as Neverborn, though.

Certainly looks like they went through enough effort to let the Seven show up and choose which factions upgrades to use  (the whole point of declaring them as a different faction.  ;) ) in 50+ soulstone games.

Interesting. There is also the consideration that you can use whatever Faction for a tournament and then use the C7 regardless.

In a random pick-up game, I guess that the Arcanists have the best generic Upgrades? Seize the Day and Imbued Energies.

I'm writing a series of blog posts about the band that wil look at them as a crew and will cover all the individuals and the upgrades from the different factions

Joelfaux.blogspot.com

Oooooooh. Thanks for doing this. Some time soon I may ask you if I can start copying some of that content into the wiki (with a link back to your blog).

• Like 1

The special rules allow you to declare any faction during the declaration step. Then when it's time to build the crew you take all of the Seven, Wrath's own upgrade and spends the two remaining stones on upgrades from the faction you declared earlier (or leave them in your cache). The crew will be off the faction you declared.

A Wrath lead crew only have to be Neverborn if you are playing a henchman game.

I actually find being able to choose which faction they represent fascinating. Having only 2ss to spare should hopefully prevent anything ridiculous but as Math said, this makes the C7 a potential back-up crew in any fixed-Faction event.

I'm very much looking forward to your further posts, Joel.

I'm just imagining Wrath with Misdirection as Ten Thunders right now.

Misdirection

A pair of recalled trainings

A pair of servant of 5 dragons (counteracting the low Wp across the whole band)

Or, my personal favourite On Wings Of Wind

Are all great picks as ten thunders. Think Wings edges it for me though