Dual Faction Master Rabbit Hole

D_acolyte

Lynch (10 Thunders): He brings beckoners which are great at luring and stitched together which can be useful. The biggest issue is that the brilliance focus way of building or his crew does not care about your faction as he loses very little if anything by being one or the other. I tend to feel that Ten Thunders make better use of his card and ace tricks than the Neverborn, which I feel is a good thing as I think dual faction masters should play differently in one faction or the other.

Mie (10 Thunder): Not so much fire but I love her and the archers for support as it lets me shoot into engagements and do some damage. For now I think this side of the equation is fine.

I started digging into masters I had and wanted to play in ten thunders, mostly because there was an overwhelming number of people saying things like, "Mei only works in Arcanists" or "Guest faction only. Works best infiltrated" etc etc. 

What I've sort of come up with is a lot of the dual factions have a couple ways of playing, and the faction helps strengthen one or the other. For instance.

Lynch in Neverborn is often about brilliance and card draw. Lynch in thunders for me is all about efficiency in use of "Ace in the Hole". The number of models that get crazy 0 actions with discards, or benefit from defensive in strange ways makes his ability to discard the same card over and over again amazing. Ten thunders brother for instance. An ace turns them to df 7 with a positive twist. An ace of Rams gives them a free ability to draw and discard. Another ace on top of that, and they can just get a free card draw. Or if they're wounded, some free healing. Wastrels love discarding cards for suits. The Lone Swordsman can discard two cards for reactivate. If they're both aces, then all you gotta do is kill the model.

The same is said for Mei- her list of available constructs is lessened in Thunders, though not depleted. She can port over some of the headliners (Rail Golem and Metal Gamin), her native ones aren't too shabby either (Komainu). But the number of things that can hand out fire in the thunders gets nutty. Kamaitachi. Monks of high river. Dawn Serpent. Komainu. Obsidian Oni (Who can also drop scrap, iirc). I think her fire game is stronger in Thunders than it is in Arcanists.

ENinja

• Like 1