July 20th - Darkness Comes Rattling Rules

Lucidicide

This week's Monday Preview is a look at the full rulebook for the upcoming cooperative board game Darkness Comes Rattling.

DCR%20Monday%20Preview.jpg

Darkness Comes Rattling can be played with anywhere from 2 to 6 players in a fully cooperative environment. The players take on the role of warriors of the Tribes of Man, intent to save their world from the spreading corruption caused by the snake Darkness. The warriors must gather together items and prepare to take on Darkness to save the sun.

Each warrior has unique abilities they bring to the game, allowing for a varied experience each time you play, and easily adjustable difficulty levels keep veterans coming back for more. Darkness Comes Rattling can even be played single player with a minor variant, allowing the game to be enjoyed solo.

Darkness Comes Rattling features stunning art, solid rules, and a challenge for your tabletop game night. Created by Kevin Wilson, it's a game that is sure to leave you wanting to play again and again.

You can download the full rules here.

• Like 8

Gotta say, the podcast about the game sold me on getting this, but now having looked briefly at the manual, I'm really liking the style and look of the game. Probably looking forward to this as much as I am at getting Sloth and the others new Resser models in my crews!

• Like 1

I am really looking forward to giving this a go, definitely need to try it out before I pull the trigger on a purchase. I'm not usually a huge fan of most co-op games--as you are effectively playing against the game itself it can be hard to get it balanced just right (too hard or too easy and it becomes no fun to play) and the game can't change tactics on you if you suddenly find a huge weakness in its setup for that round. Another downside to many co-op games is that a lot of the time you end up with someone acting as "the boss" which effectively turns it into a one player game with personal assistants. All of that being said, this game has a really cool concept to it and it looks like it will be able to avoid the pitfalls I mentioned above.