Website upgrades ..

I think I've just realized how incredibly stingy I am.

I saw

http://themostexcellentandawesomeforumever-wyrd.com

instead of something like

http://themostexcellentandawesomeforumever.wyrd-games.net

and my first thought was "They had to pay $X for that domain name with the dash, instead of just $Y for the second server."   :huh: 

Those dashes cost money, man.  Those dashes cost money that could be used for plastic.  ;)

This could be because I've not actually been active for a while, but I can't see any of the photos in my gallery :(  I'd hate to have to upload them all again and to be honest I may not even have some of them any more!

Hoping this is a 'hiccup'?

I think I've just realized how incredibly stingy I am.

I saw

http://themostexcellentandawesomeforumever-wyrd.com

instead of something like

http://themostexcellentandawesomeforumever.wyrd-games.net

and my first thought was "They had to pay $X for that domain name with the dash, instead of just $Y for the second server."   :huh: 

Those dashes cost money, man.  Those dashes cost money that could be used for plastic.  ;)

If it makes you feel any better, you are not the only one who thought that.

Isn't domain names super cheap? Trivial compared to extra bandwidth and processor time at the hosting service.

But superextremeawesomeserver.mydomain.com costs nothing at all once you have mydomain.com, while superextremeawesomeserver-mydomain.com costs money.

Yeah, nowadays that money is about as much as a fancy cup of coffee, but still.  :P

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, it seems like the search isn't currently working.

If I search for "Hamelin" in the Outcasts forum, I currently get:

"Searched for 'Hamelin'

Found 0 results

Results

photo-thumb-26288.jpg

I cannot add much to the great guides posted allready. My only addition is that I too think she is very underrated. Against gremlins or guild she is very strong as she brings both counters to ranged:.."

...and that's it - decidedly odd.

Hey guys, the new forums look really nice and all, but there seem to be some functionality issues. There seem to be some posts that I cannot respond to--it would appear that I am unable to respond to any of the threads within the Wyrd Announcements section (I wanted to welcome Brian to the fold but am unable to). Not sure if this is an issue on my end or if it is an issue with the settings within the Wyrd Announcements section.

Hey guys, the new forums look really nice and all, but there seem to be some functionality issues. There seem to be some posts that I cannot respond to--it would appear that I am unable to respond to any of the threads within the Wyrd Announcements section (I wanted to welcome Brian to the fold but am unable to). Not sure if this is an issue on my end or if it is an issue with the settings within the Wyrd Announcements section.

Try again

Try again

Looks like it works now, thanks! Was going to mention that there is no "back to the top" button anymore and then I noticed that there is navigation located at the bottom of the thread now too. I am liking the new look, just gotta figure out where everything sits now.

So one suggestion I would make to the new site design(not the forum but the main site), is the long scrolling page.  I missed the resource section(and the Malifaux FAQs and errata) because the product section looks like the end of the miniature page.   

Not sure the best fix, maybe the start of each section having a link to each section.  Or a floating table of context to the left or right.  Not a huge deal, but like I said easy to miss the info if you are not paying attention.  

Hey, there's a new format on my smart phone, which is kind of new.  I think it works, but I would like the option of being able to view the actually Website (other forums like Warseer have the option to view both the device format and the web format) as this is my preferred way.  If not, at the top, there's only a link to go back one page, it would be much nicer, to have links to all the previous menus. For example,

if I'm viewing this page, I only have the option to go back to the Wyrd Board and Code of Conduct page, whereas in the web view, I have the option to go back to the Wyrd Board and Code of Conduct, Forum Rules and Home pages.  Doesn't really matter for this page, but it's annoying on others...

Cheers,