Our Henchmen Program

Lucidicide

I really really hope the application process opens next week! I've been doing some henchman work in my town when the wonderful person who currently holds the post singlehandedly isn't available, and it would be wonderful making it official!

It is a wonderful thing seeing new players having fun and learning the game, often with a lot of laughing included! Malifaux is excellent for making new friends and having a blast in nice company! I love the game so much, and try to bring that love into every game demo!

The new handler recently announced all the changes that have been made to the program (only accessible by current henchmen), but there was no mention when the application process would open up again.  For those interested in applying to the program, have 2 crews to demo with (preferably painted), or the 2 player starter, which is even easier to use to teach new games.  Not sure how much they will change in the application, but this was one of the requirements when I applied to the program.  All the best to those who wanting to be henchmen!

any news about the re-open of the henchman program?

I'm pretty sure you won't miss it since it would probably pop up as a new thread on this part of the forum started by one of the officials and generate a ton of comments. A lot of people are waiting with you.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Ok so the henchmen page has been updated...

But the hyperlink to the application page is broken.

http://www.wyrd-games.net/henchman

The here in "Henchmen are the backbone of our community. If you think you have the drive and desire to be a successful community leader, please go to our application page here." Doesn't work.

Let me know when this is fixed so I can get started applying.

Exactly how "well versed" in Malifaux would one need to be to be considered as a Henchman?

Essentially, I'm a new player with some crews and the starter box and am trying to develop a player base at a local store since every other store that I've heard rumors of Malifaux play is at least an hour drive away.

That said: I've got a store apparently on board with supporting the game, two crews nearly painted, and "enough knowledge to be dangerous" but nothing like a bunch of games under my belt.

While I'd love unofficial "official" Henchperson support in my local area, it isn't there... so I'm inquiring about stepping up.

Cheers!

For the application you need:

Two fully painted crews (or one fully painted starter)

A store to sign off for you

Enough knowledge of the game (or its supplemental materials) to answer the one rules question we have there

That's the bare bones. As a rule of thumb, I'd say you need a good grasp of the basics and be comfortable enough with the rules to teach them to a new player. :)

• Like 3

That's the bare bones. As a rule of thumb, I'd say you need a good grasp of the basics and be comfortable enough with the rules to teach them to a new player. :)

Assuming we keep playing roughly weekly like we have been and I keep going through the Starter Set with my daughter like I have been (she has an unpainted Lady Justice crew as well), then I think it's really just a matter of finishing off the two crews I've been working on painting. So far, the rule discussions have been minimal, since playing at the store with the Starter Set, it's really a great introduction.

I've essentially been buying up Malifaux since trying a demo at GenCon in 2013. I've done a lot of rule/FAQ/tutorial reading, but lacking in the hands-on experience, although I'm used to TT gaming.

I'll just keep plugging along, I guess!

• Like 2

Question concerning multiple henchmen in an area. At the FLGS we do have a henchman already and he does do some events and demos. So we're not lacking for a henchmen, but does that automatically preclude any other henchmen? I have been assisting him with demos (just taught a new person to play this week in lieu of a Nythera game) and events, but assumed that since we already had a henchman for our FLGS, I'd be ineligible. Or is multiple henchmen acceptable?

Question concerning multiple henchmen in an area. At the FLGS we do have a henchman already and he does do some events and demos. So we're not lacking for a henchmen, but does that automatically preclude any other henchmen? I have been assisting him with demos (just taught a new person to play this week in lieu of a Nythera game) and events, but assumed that since we already had a henchman for our FLGS, I'd be ineligible. Or is multiple henchmen acceptable?

It depends on the situation. Generally we don't want too many in one area but ultimately it can be left up to the store as they need to sign off on you.