July 13th - Brotherhood of the Rat

Lucidicide

Rat Catchers are the Outcast's source of Don't Mind Me, which is pretty amazing even if you're not messing around with other rat shenanigans. Then again, bringing even one Rat Catcher more or less means that rat shenanigans are going to happen, so...

My metal Hamelin crew is one of the only metal crews I have that I was not considering replacing with plastic.  While there are a few metal models I prefer that I have kept here and there, for the most part I prefer the new plastics and I have replaced most of my crews with the new models.

This preview has me rethinking that (I will probably keep my metal Hamelin model though since I use the Avatar model with the hat and flute).  This box set looks really cool, but I think I want to see more of what is in the Hamelin box set before I decide about picking this one up.  I don't mind a billion extra rats, but I don't want too many extra rat catchers that I cannot use.

• Like 1

This is all fine and dandy, but the REAL secret behind this information is thus:

June 25th pictures of several books were released, including Brotherhood of the Rat. Next to it, in an identical style of book, is The Crossroads Seven. They'll be a similar release.

A really clever packaging - the existing Hamelin players will want the Rat Kings so they need to get eight rats and the Catchers as well. If these had been released in the regular way, I'm sure that many people would've just gotten the Kings.

I do like the (tiny) renders for these. Rat King looks especially great. At least as much as I can make out. Bigger pics would be much appreciated.

The Catcher with the sack is obviously a munchkin fighter playing D&D 3.0 ;)

• Like 1

I could see a set of Rats and the King in Hamelin's box as well.  Without them, he'd have a lot of non functional things after all.  Plus, there has to be another means of getting rats and kings, since the Catcher's are Rare 2.  Could just be a single box, but its an interesting situation.   

I had to create myself a forum account just to say my darkest thanks for this 2nd Story Encounter Box and I truly hope there will be more like this to come.

With a busy life and difficulties in finding an opponent to play with in this Northern Neverborn land where I live, these special scenarios offer fun challenges for some tactical solo play fun and to lure (pun intended as a Ressers player) in the occassional non-gamer friend who wants to see what these strange figures are all about, but don't want to get into any deeper than one quick scenario of story telling infused fun.

So thank you Wyrd for another must buy for me.

• Like 1

Hamelin will be at Gencon - you'll see an announcement here soon on everything. It's quite a bit actually as we've been working some overtime to make things happen. Some we planned on, others were supposed to be out by now but due to one slip up or another, and some were a nice little extra that wasn't planned on but somehow got shotgunned through unexpectedly. 

We'll be doing more Story Encounter/Scenario boxes. Right now we have two additional ones finished and another two in the works at the moment. We'll see what the future brings.

And here I didn't expect to get anything from Gencon.........

I think this is an awesome idea. I was wondering to myself about how much of a pain it will be to get all the extra stuff to run Hamelin. Putting most of it one box seems like an awesome idea.

And the Through the Breach adventure is all about helping them get in.

(Not really, but wouldn't that be awesome?)

If only you knew a guy who could write a TtB Adventure..... 

;)

I could see a set of Rats and the King in Hamelin's box as well.  Without them, he'd have a lot of non functional things after all.  Plus, there has to be another means of getting rats and kings, since the Catcher's are Rare 2.  Could just be a single box, but its an interesting situation.   

I presume we will get Enforcer Boxes with rats and rat kings.