July 6th - Starter Henchmen

Lucidicide

Hmmm, as both are Mercenaries, you could stick both, together, in any crew you make.  Just for the giggles.

That would be funny.

Grimwell: So Angel Eyes, we meet again. Prepare to be lobotomized.

Angel Eyes: Not if I shoot you first, human.

Viktoria of Ashes: Look guys, I know you're not crazy about this, but we're paying you both...

Viktoria of Blood: ...so you had better work together or I'll introduce you to lefty and righty here... *brandishes her swords*

Vikoria of Ashes: ...and stay near to Hannah, she pays better and it'll help you focus on the important task, killing those resurrectionists over there. *points with her pistol*

Grimwell: For the soul stones.

Angel Eyes: For the soul stones... and I'll get you later human.

• Like 5

I can remember when i had my first crew it was a hassle to find proper tokens to represent the various conditions and schemes etc. It would be easier for starting players to have an official punch out tokens to play with.

+1

No tokens at this time, sorry.

Is there any token and templates in project at Wyrd?

I have mine on paper but they are not quite as convenient or good looking as what a professional company may provide.

+1

Is there any token and templates in project at Wyrd?

I have mine on paper but they are not quite as convenient or good looking as what a professional company may provide.

Took me a bit to locate the post:

You'll see tokens later in the year most likely, depending on production.

Until then, if you know anyone with a laser cutter, it's all just putting line graphics in circles.  :)

I really don't see why a move would be worse than a push, it gives you very nice manouverability since you don't need to go in a straight line with moves. The only downside is area terrain but think of all those linear obstacles you can actually pass with a move or moving around in massive engagements to cherry pick enemy support models. I think it's nice to introduce a new form of movement for different situations.

The way the Doctor's ability is worded, the move will have to be in a single direction, removing the advantage of move. You move the target in any direction, but the movement has to be in a direction (it's not towards a target, which would allow maneuvering to get to the closest point). 

Grimwell: So Angel Eyes, we meet again. Prepare to be lobotomized.

Angel Eyes: Not if I shoot you first, human.

Viktoria of Ashes: Look guys, I know you're not crazy about this, but we're paying you both...

Viktoria of Blood: ...so you had better work together or I'll introduce you to lefty and righty here... *brandishes her swords*

Vikoria of Ashes: ...and stay near to Hannah, she pays better and it'll help you focus on the important task, killing those resurrectionists over there. *points with her pistol*

Grimwell: For the soul stones.

Angel Eyes: For the soul stones... and I'll get you later human.

Hannah, Grimwell, and Angel Eyes all in one crew would be quite expensive.  :D

On that note, I wonder how handy Angel Eyes would be in a Vik crew.  Think she might be worth 3ss more than a trapper?  More once you put upgrades on her.  Hmm...

Hannah, Grimwell, and Angel Eyes all in one crew would be quite expensive.  :D

On that note, I wonder how handy Angel Eyes would be in a Vik crew.  Think she might be worth 3ss more than a trapper?  More once you put upgrades on her.  Hmm...

30SS before upgrades? Probably Oath Keeper on both for that turn of Fast. The Viktorias give you two models for free, so there's that. It wouldn't be a large crew, that's for sure, and given the number of henchmen involved it'd be pretty soulstone intensive. At 50SS you could do it, but I doubt it'd be optimal. Do it for the giggles.

Angel Eyes versus a Trapper? I'd say that if all you want is ranged support go with the trapper (or Hans). Angel Eyes' advantage is the fact she's also fast and can mix it up in melee when she needs to. If you're going to use that aspect then she's probably worth the extra stones.

If it's supposed to be free moving, then it could really stand to have a clarification somewhere, since it will lead to confusion.

The phrase "push ... in any direction" is used over 36 times in the main rulebook for different abilities, and another fifty or so in Crossroads.  If the rules meant a straight line, it would say push:)  Like so:

push this model up to 4” in any direction

Took me a bit to locate the post:

Nathan Caroland, on 15 Jul 2015 - 02:23 AM, said:snapback.png

Until then, if you know anyone with a laser cutter, it's all just putting line graphics in circles.  :)

Sorry I hadn't see this topic. Thx for the info. These are good news.

The phrase "push ... in any direction" is used over 36 times in the main rulebook for different abilities, and another fifty or so in Crossroads.  If the rules meant a straight line, it would say push:)  Like so:

There's other differences between push and move (notably, the effect of severe terrain). 

Also, I'd say the fact that similar phrasing is used in straight line situations all over the rulebook supports my position rather than hinders it. 

Pushes are always straight lines.

Movement always lets you move how you like.

The rules are consistent with this to my knowledge and this is laid out in the movement section of the book.

There is charge...

Anyways, I think the Docs ability is worded clearly enough.

• Like 1

The issue is that you're choosing a direction for it, not with the 'move' part of it. Moving in any direction is still moving in a direction. It's worded to work as "choose a direction and go that way" rather than "feel free to meander wherever you'd like." The manner in which you go in that direction is a move. 

I get what you're saying, and I get why you're saying it, but I just don't think the wording actually functions that way. 

The issue is that you're choosing a direction for it, not with the 'move' part of it. Moving in any direction is still moving in a direction. It's worded to work as "choose a direction and go that way" rather than "feel free to meander wherever you'd like." The manner in which you go in that direction is a move. 

I get what you're saying, and I get why you're saying it, but I just don't think the wording actually functions that way.

If you are moving a certain way, you're moving as far as you can that way (in other words, you go around stuff that is in your way). I don't see the problem. Think of it as moving towards the table edge in that direction (a Belle calling you, just outside of the edge).

Belles are getting the model to move towards a point, so curving to get as close as possible. 

This (and the new nurse's ability) move in a direction....if you imagine a line from the model moving out infinitely (which is what a direction from the model is) there is no particular point on the array from the model you are moving towards, so that doesn't apply.

I don't mean to stomp my feet incessantly shouting "Justin is wrong!" I'm just saying that for what Justin wants the rule to be, the wording is needs to at least be clarified (I understand a strong opposition to errata on a starter set model).