zGuild's Purposeful Misinterpretations: The Lucius Journey.

zFiend

Did you mean decadence?

Also a possibility.

I happen to think that Mr. Graves and Mr. Tannen are among the best plastics by far so one can never have too many of those. Then one day I can clearly see my painting progress as I keep painting them for different crews through different times. Both of those are among the very first minis I ever painted.

• Like 3

A little update, everything is based, primed and some have already entered the painting table and some are "good enough" to hit the tables and on the "done" pile. Still I have a lot to paint.. So much to paint. :(

Gladly the Riflemen for example are absolutely stunning sculpts. Seriously wow, the renders were cool but goddamn did they improve in my eyes once I put them together. Same goes for Hunters and the new Guardian. Stunning models. 

I have been reading the cards and thinking up what to do with this crew and I've come to a few very funny moments in my head with Lucius. Also my undead dogs are available for pickup tomorrow from the post office.. So 3 more models to paint. Yay. 

Also I have been tinkering with the idea of doing a bucket list with Lucius that I want to achieve in this time and I've thought up a few:

- Flurry slap someone to death with the Scribe.

- Melee Lucius, trying to get the most out of Secret Objectives. 

- Unnanounced breakthrough with a Finish the Job model + Hidden Sniper.

I am taking up suggestions for the bucket list if you think up something funny with him. :D

Score ALiTS with 0 markers at centerline at the start of turn 5?

Play the Fat Bastards list.

Both added to the bucket list! :D 

Dirial I have asked you this like three times already.. WHAT WAS IN THE FAT BASTERDZ LIST!? 

• 2 weeks later...

So a little update on this, I've been on a slight painting burnout and took a few weeks off from painting, I didn't find the time nor the motivation but I'm back on the table and here's the situation atm:

Painted:

4x Traps 

1x Sergeant

Almost done:

Ryle

3x Riflemen

Pathfinder

2x Latigo Pistoleros

2x Hunters

Next batch:

Dashel

2x Lawyers

Lucius

Scribe

3x Hound remains

Last batch:

Doppelganger

Graves

Tannen

Watcher

Guardian

I aim to paint them to a standard that they are basically painted so I can start playing them at my LGS which has a painted models only rule. Then I can come back to them later on to improve them / highlight them more etc. 

You really are all in! I played my first game with Lucius yesterday and did find him fun even though I lost. I managed ALITS when I only had one marker down at start of turn 5.

Oh right I managed that one from the bucket list, alits with 0 markers on turn 5. :D 

But I failed to do it the way I wanted and had the cards for.

First take what lackeys are for drop 1. Take issue command on a lawyer to drop 1. The take hidden sniper with purposeful strike with Devil's Deal on said lawyer and have it drop one from the trigger and another from finish the job. My lawyer got red jokered on attack flip on negatives before I could do it, I lost the init.

You know you don`t have to pick Red Joker? :P

You could cheat the red joker, right?

I think my opponent wants to use the Red Joker if he's hitting my lawyer with a 3 and the RJ on the attack flip due to Highest Authority. :P 

Have actually managed to win a fixed master event with Guild Lucius. OK, it wasn't a massive field full of top players, but I still had to beat a good Leveticus player and then Som'er in Recon in order to do it! 

Some learning points;

- If Deliver a Message is in the pool, What Lackeys Are For is great. The opponent lines up a model to deliver said message, safe in the knowledge that you're not going to kill it with a sword cane, only for Lucius to swap places with a Peacekeeper that then obliterates the messenger.

- I said Freikorps Trappers would be brilliant with Lucius. I didn't appreciate how good! One game I carried out my threat and took 2 Trappers in a snipers nest just outside my deployment zone. From turn 2 onwards, Lucius was using 2AP and a couple of moderate Rams to generate another 2 Focussed shots from those Trappers. 28" range, ++ to attack, + to damage, doing 2/3/5 with potential for Crit Strike. Ouch.

- Hidden Sniper has, in my view, gone from overpriced 'maybe' selection to must-take. That late turn flexibility to either pick up an enemy marker or lay down one of your own is golden. And yes, I too have used it on my own models with Finish the Job for 2 markers from 1 zero! Somehow that seems so in character...

- Austringers are not wasted used with Lucius. I like to move them up T1 so they're in the best possible position for the rest of the game - he can help them move that bit further, and later on scare them into taking 12" shots. But they do need a Lawyer nearby - Wp5 means you need an 8 to pass the Horror duel, which is just enough to be problematic.

- I've added Recon / Interference to the list of strategies Lucius does well. He can maximise sniper shots to pick off scheme runners, What Lackeys Are For to drop Clockwork Traps next to enemy models, and red tape those hitters that come steaming in to clean up what looks like a weakened crew.

• Like 3

Wow! Great points Panzer! I too have found What Lackeys Are For is great to deliver your own message but I love that peacekeeper destroying the enemy mailman. :D

I have to try the trappers with Lucius. That was on my to try list as well but after reading that even more so.

What Lackeys Are For to swap a trap next to enemies was hilarious! :D :D

Well here we go. First batch done. As I said, these are painted to a standard that everything has paint on it, so I can come back to them and highlight them later on and do more details, but for now, I want to get this crew to the tabletop and that requires some speeding up. 

Next up, Hound Remains, Scribe, Dashel and Doppelganger. 

• Like 2

Lucius will come later on. As I want to spend the most time on him and the Lawyers. They are such amazing sculpts. Dashel, Graves and Tannen will get some special attention as well. 

Also yeah sure I can take pictures of the traps for you.