zGuild's Purposeful Misinterpretations: The Lucius Journey.

zFiend

-Guild Sergeant is a damn fun model with Issue New Orders, that ability is great! They won't last long in the think of it though.

The only thing I ever found fun with Wastrels outside McCabe crews: Activate Sergeant, walk, interact, kick marker, activate Wastrel, heal something and port to said marker.

-Also my personal favourite. Lucius is a dick. You can run a model anywhere, drop a scheme marker and take hidden sniper to it to drop another scheme marker. "You there. Go over there and drop the evidence. We have a sniper in position to aid that plan." Haha, I love Lucius. :P

Ooh, nice one. Didn't think of that. Best thing I ever thought of: Beater attacks Lucius with a Frame for Murder target nearby. Lucius uses a stone for the Secret Service trigger, damages the FfM target to get it back and deflects the hit. His grin is hidden by the mask.

I also once accomplished Breakthrough without crossing the centerline, just with Hidden Sniper.

-Hunters are amazing.

-My crew was so amazing theme wise. Double hunters, Double Dogs, Double Lawyers.

*eagerly awaits his Hoffman box*

Sniping your own guys is pure genius! With finish the job on the patsy you almost have unannounced ALITS coming from nowhere!!!

Or even announced one. Your opponent probably won't see it coming if you only have one marker on the center line at the start of turn 5. You can possibly even get the soulstone required for the mask from the same guy you are about to kill.
  • Like 1

Or even announced one. Your opponent probably won't see it coming if you only have one marker on the center line at the start of turn 5. You can possibly even get the soulstone required for the mask from the same guy you are about to kill.

Genius.

This was what I thought about as well. A lawyer for example has already served his purpose by then. :D 

Today was a good day! I finally got my bases delivered and Lucius box set has been based, soon to be undercoated. Also I managed to make my customs clearance on my reinforcement order so I am expecting that to arrive somewhere around this week. Yay. :) 

One thing I really liked while borrowing Myyrä's crew was Guild Hounds. Too bad they are impossible to find nowadays I have went an alternative route, yet I believe a fluffy choice.. I ordered the Canine Remains. For two things, to Rezzer up my Guild Crew (In your face Dirial) as well as in my mind they have been borrowed, courtesy of the good doctor McMourning so Lucius won't mind running with them. :P 

If I get them basecoated today, I might be able to start getting some paints on them tonight. I will be posting pictures of the painted crew once I finish and I am trying to paint the crew asap so I can begin my battle reports with pictures in them as it's my own crew then. 

• Like 1

Glad to hear it, Fiend! Have fun!

Quite lost on the whole color scheme though. Also as I can't paint white I'm kinda sad, I'd really like for the lawyers and Lucius to have white masks as well as a lot of white on their clothing. :(

Quite lost on the whole color scheme though. Also as I can't paint white I'm kinda sad, I'd really like for the lawyers and Lucius to have white masks as well as a lot of white on their clothing. :(

What is the issue with painting white?

Today was a good day! I finally got my bases delivered and Lucius box set has been based, soon to be undercoated. Also I managed to make my customs clearance on my reinforcement order so I am expecting that to arrive somewhere around this week. Yay. :)

One thing I really liked while borrowing Myyrä's crew was Guild Hounds. Too bad they are impossible to find nowadays I have went an alternative route, yet I believe a fluffy choice.. I ordered the Canine Remains. For two things, to Rezzer up my Guild Crew (In your face Dirial) as well as in my mind they have been borrowed, courtesy of the good doctor McMourning so Lucius won't mind running with them. :P

If I get them basecoated today, I might be able to start getting some paints on them tonight. I will be posting pictures of the painted crew once I finish and I am trying to paint the crew asap so I can begin my battle reports with pictures in them as it's my own crew then. 

Guess you've already bought them now but Zombicide dogs work good as Guild Hounds or Canine Remains (using the Zombie Dogz).  And they're nice and cheap!

Double post!  As above what's the issue with white?  On small areas it's pretty easy in particular.   The key is don't paint it white!  Paint it a very light grey.  I use the GW foundation (base as they are not) and use the light grey then mix in some white for another coat and the more white for highlights.  I'm thinking about painting my Lawyers (or at least the one) all white ala A Clockwork Orange!

I don't know. I just can't get the whites to look good enough. I will have to try that trick Jonah. I can do a dirty bleached bone white. But not clean white. Also I'm struggling a lot with skin tones.

Personally I do my whites from a brown basecoat and never have had that much of an issue with it coming out clean, just keep the layers thin and keep going it takes a while but the result is good

Personally I do my whites from a brown basecoat and never have had that much of an issue with it coming out clean, just keep the layers thin and keep going it takes a while but the result is good

Okay. What do you thin it with?

Okay. What do you thin it with?

I paint by brush as I dont have an airbrush, but I tend to thin my paints with water. I use GW paints and thin to the consistency of milk. I plan to set up a WIP thread for my Neverborn at some point and will be painting the Doppleganger's sheet in my usual method

I paint by brush as I dont have an airbrush, but I tend to thin my paints with water. I use GW paints and thin to the consistency of milk. I plan to set up a WIP thread for my Neverborn at some point and will be painting the Doppleganger's sheet in my usual method

I paint with a brush as well. Okay. I will try these advices! Cheers both!

Also it's not actually a sheet. It's skin she is transforming into. :P

Super thin is the way to go with white. I usually use old GW fortress grey or the vallejo equivalent as basecoat. Then wash with either a cool brown or a blue grey and then bring it back upp to fortress grey with super thin paint. Then a little fortress grey + white until you are happy.

Skin can be done in so many ways. I like vallejo pale flesh for my base. Then add a wash which could be any colour of many. Sometimes I use beasty brown mixed with the pale flesh, you can also do a reddish wash with dwarf skin or your base colour + a dark red and maybe some brown.

Looking forward to those battle reports!

My white:

1) White undercoat.

2) A mix of white and light grey and the basecoat.

3) A thinned down black wash. Don't use just water - in a pinch, you can add a drop of dishwashing soap to quite a bit of water and use that but I really recommend getting additives. Flow improver is the one you want here.

4) Then layers of thin white for as much as you like.

Cheers everyone for the tips! I will have to try those out if I could finally get the whites working. Anyway on happier news.. 

Reinforcements have arrived. Now to build and base them. Undercoat. And then starts the insanity that is called painting that entire crew. 

• Like 4