2 player starter box

I want to get it to do demos with. And because Guild McMourning has been pretty lonely.

This was my first through when I heard about the box/read the stories.

I have to say that I'm a little disappointed with the box though.  I understand the need for them to be basic (and I'm guessing they're probably snap-fit/one piece models) but they are quite bland.  Angel Eyes and the Orderlies are nice but the Scion of BB seriously blows!  Bloodwretches and the Doc are ok, Nurse is a bit meh.  These are just my opinions of course and others may vary.  But I think if you want captivate people then you need to have the starter set be enticing.  Look at the Operation Icestorm box for Infinity or the GW starter sets.  The miniatures in those are very nice (though Infinity in particular needs considerable more work).

I'd really like to see the fate decks!  And I think the reference guides will be useful more generally.

At a price I'm guessing around £50/$75.  Much more than that and it makes the over $100 worth look less attractive and that's slightly less than the cost of two crew boxes which is what's included models wise in the set.  I think that most companies usually make slight losses on starter sets so that would also make sense.

I don't mind static poses and I find the artworks quite cool, but does anyone else feel those renders don't look Wyrd in body proportions at all? Maybe it's just an image layout problem...
f00x08.jpg2lxtbi8.jpgj0b6om.jpg

Btw, I think the deal with this box will be a 50$ price. Viktorias box comes with 7 humans for 45$, the TtB Multipose with 11+ for 35$, and they're highly detailed miniatures with various poses. These ones look waaay simpler, maybe they all fit in a single large sprue, therefore simpler and cheaper production. Add that the Starter Set is supposed to sell individually more than any other single box, and that the accessories, decks and tapes, will be twice that number, reducing their costs (also, it wouldn't make much sense putting in the box cheaper minis and luxury generic accessories, if only for marketing reasons). PDF Manual then adds value without needing production.
My bet, at least.

Simpler does not mean cheaper for production - not when you are working in plastic in any way or form. A steel mold is a steel mold, there is a cost to it. 

I started writing before the answer was posted, my bad. I think I lost my bet, then.

Nice to know miniatures' quality is only bound to sculptors' ability to make them cool, and not to the cost of complexity for the production, anyways. Other miniatures companies have no economical excuses for producing poor poses, then! More credit to Wyrd!

I don't mind static poses and I find the artworks quite cool, but does anyone else feel those renders don't look Wyrd in body proportions at all? Maybe it's just an image layout problem...

I don't think that Nurse Heartsbane is meant to be sexy which explains her proportions being more normal. It's also refreshing.

As for the price, I think that $65 sounds like a very fair price. Don't forget that you also get two Fate decks in it. I was expecting something like $80 but OTOH I do understand the starter reduction.

• Like 3