Tales of Malifaux Podcast

• 2 months later...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Strange! I just tried downloading episode 73 (https://www.podbean.com/site/EpisodeDownload/PB86330AQDEBA) while using Google Chrome on my PC and didn't have any issues downloading, saving, or listening.

The issue is likely browser or device based, if I had to guess. If you try downloading on a different device and/or a different browser and still have issues, let me know and I'll dig a little deeper.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

In this listing or elsewhere, is there a grouping of story lines? I've just started recently, and am really enjoying.

Mainly, I'm wondering when I can skip or when I might miss something. Since I'm 3+ years behind, I want to listen to the main story archs, but a lot of one-off short stories seemed mixed in. I see the episode notes, but don't know if they are continuing anything or just a one-off.

Episodes 1-7 are a story line (Rasputina, Seamus, Crid, Viktoria, Kaevara etc)

8-21a are "The Event" (Perdita, Hamlin, Ramos, Collette, Justice, Karai, Nicoderm, McMorning, Lucious, Gremlins, etc)

21b-22 are Avatar shorts

23 is Post Event

24 is a Horror short story (The Dreamer hosting)

Thoughts? 

• 2 weeks later...

@coolguyclay I definitely understand why you're suggesting that, but it would take a fairly decent amount of time to prepare that type of organization. For the most part, they are released chronologically, so hopefully that helps.

Either way, we have released Tales of Malifaux's latest episode. Find out what happens when Titania and Nekima team up against Lilith, Zoraida, and the Dreamer in part two of Waking Nightmares!

Tales of Malifaux 115: http://www.breachsidebroadcast.com/e/tales-of-malifaux-115/

• Like 1

On 10/3/2019 at 10:13 AM, coolguyclay said:

In this listing or elsewhere, is there a grouping of story lines? I've just started recently, and am really enjoying.

Mainly, I'm wondering when I can skip or when I might miss something. Since I'm 3+ years behind, I want to listen to the main story archs, but a lot of one-off short stories seemed mixed in. I see the episode notes, but don't know if they are continuing anything or just a one-off.

Episodes 1-7 are a story line (Rasputina, Seamus, Crid, Viktoria, Kaevara etc)

8-21a are "The Event" (Perdita, Hamlin, Ramos, Collette, Justice, Karai, Nicoderm, McMorning, Lucious, Gremlins, etc)

21b-22 are Avatar shorts

23 is Post Event

24 is a Horror short story (The Dreamer hosting)

Thoughts? 

For the record, the episodes are basically audio versions of the books, although naturally things like the narrator and the commercials are new for the format.

The stories in the books aren't organized into story arcs, and some of the 1st edition books, had a lot of short stories in them.  The format for 2nd edition was generally one story per faction plus a plot line story in each book, and the faction stories may or may not relate to the "storyline" for the book.

Episodes 1-7 are a coherent story line because they decided to do that with the stories in the M1.5 book.  For the Event and the Avatar plot line, the end of the Avatar storyline is the two stories at the end of Shifting Loyalties.  I'm not sure if the other intervening stories really organize into plot lines, they're more like TV episodes--the occasional bit of overall plot progress but you won't really be able to tell in advance without spoilers.

The following are the stories in the order they appear in the table of contents for each book...  (Disclaimer:  I can't keep the order of the 1st edition books straight.  I don't think I have those listed in chronological order.)

M1.5 (6018)

• Snow on a Tombstone
  • Into the Breach
  • Screts WIthin
  • Staying Dead
  • Lost and Found
  • Rude Awakening
  • Dead Man's Hand
  • Luck of the Draw
  • The Union
  • Surprise
  • Doppleganger
  • Dead Train
  • The Old World
  • Wendigo
  • Epilogue

Rising Powers (6013)

• Sedition
  • Dark Treasures
  • Ambush
  • Lovers Kiss
  • Smoke and Mirrors
  • Alone in the Dark
  • Gremlins
  • Tools of the Trade
  • Finding New Purpose
  • Ruins in the Bayou
  • Driving Vengence
  • Dark Discovery
  • Pestilence
  • The Event
  • Epilogue
  • Malifaux Stories (some are just side bar style short stories)
    • Lesser Breaches
    • Construct Intelligence
    • The Three Kingdoms
    • Ragsheets
    • The Ten Thunders
    • Little Kingdom
    • Spirit Boards
    • Festival Days
    • The Truth
    • Lilith's Weed
    • Badlands Fever
    • The Disturbing Case of Edar Ryan
    • Chain Cars
    • Breach Running
    • Contract Towns
    • Aethervox
    • Superstitions
    • Land!
    • Run Nineteen

Twisting Fates (6015)

• Like Falling Snow
  • At Death's Door
  • The Coming Storm
  • Revelations
  • Bearing the Burden
  • Balancing the Books
  • Lucid Dreaming
  • Cold Hearted
  • Tangling the Threads of Fate
  • The Writing on the Wall
  • Guild
    • Puzzle Box
  • Resurrectionists
    • Deadline
  • Arcanists
    • The Mountains Straight Reply
  • Neverborn
    • A Great Adventure
  • Outcasts
    • World in Chaos
  • Because I Could Not Stop For Death
  • The Bigger They Are
  • From the Red Egg Rises the Bird of Paradise
  • Fade to Black
  • Martial Law
  • Revelation of the Beast Within

Storm of Shadows (6019)

• The Final Word
  • The Malifaux Orphanage for Sick Children
  • The Rising Sun
  • A Long Night in Red Row
  • Blind Man's Iron
  • The Rifleman

The M2E book is:

• Luck of the Draw (Part I)
  • Latigo and the Inferno
  • Guild
    • Patient Confidentiality
  • Resurrectionists
    • Still Stranger Things
  • Arcanists
    • Blood and Fears
  • Neverborn
    • Upon Reflection
  • Outcasts
    • Swamp Thang
  • Gremlins
    • Big Trouble in Little Kingdoms
  • Ten Thunders
    • Luck of the Draw (Part II)

Crossroads is

• Guild
    • A Night At the Races 
    • The Portrait
  • Resurrectionists
    • Last Call at the Grey Lord
  • Arcanists
    • The Face Behind the Lie
    • Blurring the Lines
    • Falling to Fly
  • Neverborn
    • The Moonlight Gallery
    • The Hidden Music
  • Outcasts
    • Sacrifice
    • The Magistrate of Stranglehold
    • Tyrant's Game
  • Gremlins
    • The Price of Pork
    • The Wong Night to Mess with Mancha Roja
    • The Spoon is Mightier
  • Ten Thunders
    • Family Bonds
    • The Black Sheep
    • Heart of the Dawn

Shifting Loyalties is:

• Guild
    • Role Reversals
  • Resurrectionists
    • The Dead Man's Ball
  • Arcanists
    • High Noone
  • Neverborn
    • Master of Fate
  • Outcasts
    • Welcome to Malifaux
  • Gremlins
    • Bullet
  • Ten Thunders
    • From the Ashes
  • Shifting Loyalties
  • A Man Burns

Ripples of Fate is

• Guild
    • Extra Extra!
    • Vignettes
  • Resurrectionists
    • Common Ground
    • Vignettes
  • Arcanists
    • Burning Knowledge
    • Vignettes
  • Neverborn
    • The Return of the Queen
    • Vignettes
  • Outcasts
    • Paid in Full
    • Vignettes
  • Gremlins
    • Led Zipplin
    • Vignettes
  • Ten Thunders
    • Hunger Unbound
    • Vignettes
  • Ripples of Fate

Broken Promises is

• Guild
    • One Room
  • Resurrectionists
    • Post Mortem
  • Arcanists
    • Price of Freedom
  • Neverborn
    • Waking Nightmare
  • Outcasts
    • Horizon's End
  • Gremlins
    • Gremlin General
  • Ten Thunders
    • The Coming Storm

• Thanks 4

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/17/2019 at 11:41 AM, solkan said:

The following are the stories in the order they appear in the table of contents for each book...  (Disclaimer:  I can't keep the order of the 1st edition books straight.  I don't think I have those listed in chronological order.)

Thank you @solkan! Really appreciate the writeup. A link to that list could be on the first post, not back here in Page 5 (mod to update? ; )

Awesome :+flip:+flip

Are there any stories that mark key events in the timeline? These might just be personal preference or recollection. I've heard that the Governor might have changed at some point, all the stuff in Dead Man's Hand is explained somewhere, etc.  I might go back through this thread to see when people comment to find the best ones! (I'm still days of hours of listening behind - what an awesome podcast!)

53 minutes ago, coolguyclay said:

Are there any stories that mark key events in the timeline? These might just be personal preference or recollection. I've heard that the Governor might have changed at some point, all the stuff in Dead Man's Hand is explained somewhere, etc.  I might go back through this thread to see when people comment to find the best ones! (I'm still days of hours of listening behind - what an awesome podcast!)

Ah, man.  Sorting the stories out into timelines sounds too much like work.  ;)  Finding story events is easier, though.

The current Malifaux settlement is currently on its 2nd Governor-General.  "Shifting Loyalties" and "A Man Burns" are basically where the first Governor-General becomes unable to maintain his office.  There was a campaign/event to elect the successor (which involved a Through the Breach adventure, I don't remember which one, or if it has a summary), I think the Ripples of Fate book stories are basically covering some of the interim period with Marlow showing up on the very last page, and the Broken Promises stories have Governor-General (I think the position is still Governor-General) Marlow doing stuff.

As far as Dead Man's Hand explanations:

• Collodi - Goes wandering off during "Neverborn Vignettes".  "Ashes, Ashes, They All Fall Down" in the new Guild book is what puts Collodi out of action.
  • Ramos - "Price of Freedom" in Broken Promises is where Ramos gets put in prison.  There's a cameo in "The Coming Storm" in the same book for other characters ensuring that Ramos remains both alive and in prison.   In the M3E rulebook's timeline, "The Present" mentions Ramos still being there. 
  • Lilith - "Waking Nightmares" in Broken Promises.  Lots of stuff happens, big fight, LCB earns his resculpt.
  • Ryle - The big dramatic moment happens during "Ripples of Fate".*  But what pretty much seals Ryle's fate is the background material for Malissa K.O.R.E. in the new Guild book.  I don't think the events sketched out for Melissa K.O.R.E. (and Ryle) are elaborated on anywhere yet.
  • Nicodem - Wyrd Chronicles 33 "Nemesis - Part Two".  Wyrd Chronicles 30 "Nemesis - Part One".  I don't know if those are in podcast yet, or are planned to be.

* A lot of different story events happen in "Ripples of Fate".