A new Podcast Idea and a Plea

Malistrad

It took me a little under a year, but my first Through the Breach campaign, Metempsychosis in Malifaux (or MiM), just concluded last weekend. What an awesome ride! Both myself as FM and my three to five Fated had quite a ride, and I think everyone is chomping at the bit to start TtB #2 after I take a break and be a player for a little while in some DnD/PF campaigns.

In any case, with MiM done, I actually have an interesting podcast opportunity now. In addition to creating and managing an Obsidian Portal wiki for MiM, since Session 3 (of 22), I have recorded our sessions. Now, I have zero Podcasting experience (other than being a guest in a few), but I’m willing to learn, edit, and publish these sessions over my downtime in the summer if there’s enough interest. I know I personally enjoyed the Through the Breach Podcast RPG recordings while they were playing; I just need to know I wasn’t the only one and such a publication would be of interest to the M2E/TtB community.

And finally, my Plea. Free RPG day is coming up on June 20th, and Wyrd is publishing their free RPG one-shot, Recruitment Drive. Now typically I don’t mind scrounging for the digital copies of such special items, but I’m kind such a big fan of TtB, I really hope to obtain the actual hardcopy and stay completionist to the TtB franchise. Problem is, the closest participating store to me is around 200 miles, and it’s not feasible for me to make the special trip to *maybe* get a copy. Is there any way I could convince a fellow TtB Wyrdo to pick up a second copy for me and send it my way? I’m more than willing to pay for shipping, even inconvenience pay, I just need that book!

Comments and questions welcome!

• Like 1

Stupid question, but I have 3 retailers near me that will be doing the Free RPG day, and I was wondering how we know if they'll be stocking the Recruitment Drive?  I'm about to start a TTB campaign and could use any inspiration I can get until Into the Steam comes out.

Stupid question, but I have 3 retailers near me that will be doing the Free RPG day, and I was wondering how we know if they'll be stocking the Recruitment Drive?  I'm about to start a TTB campaign and could use any inspiration I can get until Into the Steam comes out.

It's best just to ask the retailers in question. In theory, they'll have it.

We'll be tossing the adventure up for download a bit down the road, too.

Glad to hear that you enjoyed our RPG recordings!  :)

For sure! I was sad to see it go. I hope to see more Podcast talk of sessions and character building/evolution in the future, and if that means I have to be the one to re-ignite that spark, might just do it!

We had planned on having another session and inviting listeners to play with us.  Its been put on the backburner with the summer campaign though!

If you do decide to run a TTB session and record it, let me know if you need players!  I love to get in as much TTB as possible.  :P