June 15th - GenCon Goodies

Lucidicide

Now the only thing which is presently putting pause to my creation of this thread is the location where I should post it.

Also, I have a few ideas already for some of the models, but I will want to see other, different drafts in the thread as well for the same models. :)

~Lil Kalki

Damm, I want the 2 new performers. They are even nicer than the limited edition one hahaha, and Cassandra looks great also, I can´t be bothered with the doves, and the mannequins. They look great, but not such a big improvement.

My big question is Colete. I think I prefer the metal one :S

I'm most excited about the Effigies getting released - there's quite a few I'm interesting in acquiring. Quite pricy though, since they are packaged individually...

I'm a bit sad that I'm not the most excited about Wong since I've been waiting for his box quite eagerly but unfortunately Mancha Roja doesn't look as good as I hoped (his pose is really not indicating the movement of what he is doing) and the Lightning Bugs have gigantic magic effects which look quite impossible to remove and keep the models looking coherent. Really not fond of the giant magic effects that Wyrd seems enamoured now. And not a new Wong sculpt, either :(

Oh, and I would've preferred Mah Tucket to be the Gencon Gremlin release :P

But I will be getting the box and it's not like it's horrible or anything. It just could've been quite a bit better, I think.

Dark Carnival is a very fun idea and I like basically all the models with some being absolutely brilliant (the flying monkeys!). I also really like the voluminous Performer in the normal Colette crew. Colette could be better and Cassandra is a bit of a let-down as well but the Mannequins are certainly cool.

Finally, Jack Daw's Guilty look really quite bad. But that I rather knew already, so no biggie. And it seems that many people appreciate the in-your-face style. I still have no idea what the guy on the cross is supposed to be, though. It just looks really bizarre and gratuitous. The bed is really, really silly and the electric chair dude is somewhat comical as well.

I wonder if I will get called a basement-dweller this time for daring to voice my opinion :D

• Like 2

I also really like the voluminous Performer in the normal Colette crew. Colette could be better and Cassandra is a bit of a let-down as well but the Mannequins are certainly cool.

I agree with you on Colette.  For a team of performers, I was surprised at how... static the models looked.

And I probably agree on the effigies too :D 

I'm most excited about the Effigies getting released - there's quite a few I'm interesting in acquiring. Quite pricy though, since they are packaged individually...

I was surprised at that, but then, how else were they going to do it? Each effigy is dedicated to a faction. Asking people to buy a set of effigies they might only use 1 of is a bit much. And isn't the effigy price the current baseline single model price?

Seperate effigies is lame, but I understand why it is this way.

Also, I really don't think people act like proxy police that often. For example, at adepticon people were using lacroix as bayou gremlins and no one cared. Or like anything really - punks as students, whatever. If you used Gandolf the Grey for a Colette proxy I'd just say go for it - who cares. I love seeing proxies, especially when the real models are lame. I often buy models specifically to proxy other ones that have a crappy model.

If you ask your opponent if you can proxy and they say no then they are probably a big jerkhead. ;)

I'm kinda picky with my proxies though like I would want any sins hired by JD to be the deadly sins from the Helldorado range but If hiring them with anyone else I would use the wyrd model (lovin' me son Fat Samedi :) ) or say - I would like the watcher from the Kingdom Death lineup as Ama No Zako in JD's crew as well - but only for him. Maybe I'm being picky or maybe just a proxymoron. ;)

EDIT: Wyrd saying no proxies at their events is fine because they are a big corporate bully and they can do whatever they want and I'll buy all their damn models anyway - when they aren't looking I'll swap them out for something else I fancy instead. >8)

Finally, Jack Daw's Guilty look really quite bad. But that I rather knew already, so no biggie. And it seems that many people appreciate the in-your-face style. I still have no idea what the guy on the cross is supposed to be, though. It just looks really bizarre and gratuitous. The bed is really, really silly and the electric chair dude is somewhat comical as well.

Totally agree. I don't mind saying that this boxset is utter garbage in my mind - mostly because Wyrd generally puts out amazing stuff otherwise (even though im getting sick of filling and filing plastic seams - why people like plastic kits I'll never know :( )... we can't all be fanboys and its better to be honest even if you are dissenting. Easily the worst boxset to date but I must say that the Montresor render looks better than I thought it would. Not wanting to end on a positive note - I'll also add that those guilty look much worse in render than I expected.

I wonder if I will get called a basement-dweller this time for daring to voice my opinion :D

Yeah, those "nice" community members can be real dicks sometimes, eh? B)

Probably. Just wait for zFiend.

Well last time the basement dwellers was used it was not used by me but against me so I'm kinda missing your point here?

Anyway. Wong box is so horrible, seriously so horrible on all accounts that all my interest on playing Wong simply disappeared. Good for my wallet.

Jack Daw is the most horrendous box ever made by Wyrd. Just pure stupidity in a box. Like a 13 year old had watched some metal music videos and built that box.

Colette alone is seems a bit boring and highly better in metal.

Dark carneval must be one of the goddamn coolest releases in a while! That box is solid gold.

Well last time the basement dwellers was used it was not used by me but against me so I'm kinda missing your point here?

True. I was referring to the filth monger incident. If someone says he doesn't want to be called something, it's usually Aaron or you who comes in right after and calls them that.

Well, I wasn't serious anyway. Joke's on me, it seems.

I agree with several of Math's points. Mancha Roja really doesn't look like he is swinging another person, it take a certain amount of leaning even if the swung person is a fourth of your mass. Though I wouldn't despair about the magic effects, they have pretty small contact points to the models. If I were into Gremlins I'd put the left most one on piece of wire and leave a tiny piece of magic, not enough the touch the ground. Maybe lean him back so he is actually pointing at the enemy, depending on how the model actually look in the "flesh".

The guilty are just giggle worthy, I still can't fathom what they were thinking with that design.

The flying monkeys are mildly amusing and Copper looks good. I absolutely abhor Mercury, he is stylistic in all the wrong ways, reminds me of Thrud the Barbarian. The Mannequins are kind of cool, I think they would fit quite nicely with Collodi (does Collodi generally use Mannequins though? Several of their abilities are limited to showgirls after all.) I'm indifferent to Penguins so Lola leaves me kind of flat. I much prefer the regular Colette crew myself but I can see how this crew might appeal to some people (well except Mercury, that mini needs to die in a fire).

Colette had her own preview so we know how she looks in detail, my only complaints there is her burning hand and that her boobs look so fake. The Doves look very nice, same for the Mannequins. Cassandra's torso and neck looks a bit weird, as it does in the art, hopefully it looks better in reality.

That said, I use Puppet Wars models from the original release for my Voodoo Doll, Wicked Dolls, and Mysterious Effigy as it stands now (because otherwise those minis would be wasted in a foam tray). I also scooped up the Carrion Effigy and Arcane Effigy on eB, so the only ones I would want at this point are Lucky and Shadow.

And I don't blame you. :D

The puppet wars zombie chihuahua is the only one that doesn't look like crap.

I will put my hater hat away for a bit and say that I actually like the Wong boxset. Looking at Roja - I mean he's a big boy who could probably effortlessly swing gremlins to and fro like they were a little leaguer's baseball bat. Lovely Assistant is decrepit in all the right ways. I'm all over ol' long dong wong.

Then again, I would probably be lured towards Trixiebelle rather than pushed away, so take that comment for what it is. >8)

If I put a sack head on Mr. Cooper that would be considered a JD conversion and not a proxy... riiiiiight? :D

I will put my hater hat away for a bit and say that I actually like the Wong boxset. Looking at Roja - I mean he's a big boy who could probably effortlessly swing gremlins to and fro like they were a little leaguer's baseball bat.

The mini would look way better if it looked like there was some force in the swing.

I'm all over ol' long dong wong.

I wish to stress that that's his foot!

The mini would look way better if it looked like there was some force in the swing.

I imagine him walking towards a huge swarm of people swinging the poor guy back and forth at super speed going "lawdy dawdy dawdy dawdy" all the way back to the bayou.

I wish to stress that that's his foot!

Not entirely sure if foot or not. >8)