June LGS Promotion

Lucidicide

My LGS prints receipts but it just includes the transaction details like payment, total, etc. It doesn't actually have the specific items I bought listed. Any recommendations?

I can ask if they can print out what I actually purchased..

I too would like to hear if there is any way to make this work. My LGS just prints the date, total, and store name on the receipt, nothing about the items purchased. 

/soapbox

Need to have the items listed on there, otherwise quite bluntly, we could be happily supporting another companies product being purchased. I hear people gasp and say 'never!' .. but as we have already received bogus receipts, multiple times, it is something that we have to put our foot down on. Hell I had a good laugh about the one that purchased product which we hadn't even released as of yet, just a copy paste of some of the stuff that was due to be out soon. 

Sorry, and I know this will sound just a 'touch' harsh, but POS (point of sale) systems aren't that expensive these days in the least (I know, I just purchased a couple), and they do a world of wonder for keeping track of product and customers and hell, if you want to get just a touch fancy, they even have them setup with loyalty and point programs these days to keep customers coming back. An investment of a couple hundred dollars for something that is essential for a retail business, shouldn't be a surprise. Of course, you can go crazy with them as well and spend tens of multiple thousands, but that's for huge retail box stores. 

/end soapbox

/soapbox

Need to have the items listed on there, otherwise quite bluntly, we could be happily supporting another companies product being purchased. I hear people gasp and say 'never!' .. but as we have already received bogus receipts, multiple times, it is something that we have to put our foot down on. Hell I had a good laugh about the one that purchased product which we hadn't even released as of yet, just a copy paste of some of the stuff that was due to be out soon. 

Sorry, and I know this will sound just a 'touch' harsh, but POS (point of sale) systems aren't that expensive these days in the least (I know, I just purchased a couple), and they do a world of wonder for keeping track of product and customers and hell, if you want to get just a touch fancy, they even have them setup with loyalty and point programs these days to keep customers coming back. An investment of a couple hundred dollars for something that is essential for a retail business, shouldn't be a surprise. Of course, you can go crazy with them as well and spend tens of multiple thousands, but that's for huge retail box stores. 

/end soapbox

That's understandable, I appreciate the response. I'll try to work something out with my LGS, and if not I can live without the promo. Again, thanks for the help  :)

Honestly folks, I'm about to start requiring y'all to take a video camera of y'all walking into said location, film the transaction, and take a selfie with yourself, the product and the store employee at this point. 

Buy it from the store. If they have a webstore, great, place your order there and walk on in and pick it up there. If it shows shipping to your location, it'll be disqualified. Yes I know that sounds like I'm being an ass, but what to stop someone from buying from there across country but saying 'but they have a brick and mortar location too!'. 

Walk in. Shake someones hand. Give them money. Take product. Smile.

• Like 3

*Limit 1 reward per person. US and international eligible. The receipt must be printed, contain the entire $60 purchase, must show product or SKU code, the date of the purchase, and an address for store. Absolutely no hand written receipts. Stores may be contacted to verify the purchase. Local currencies accepted, but must equal a $60 value. Rewards will be mailed in July and chosen at random from the promotion. Wyrd is not responsible for failed deliveries. No exceptions; this is a special limited time promotion.

Hoping for a non-Johanna promo at some point...already have her and my FLGS unfortunately is substantially more expensive than other options. I try to use them when I can but for crew boxes it's a non-starter

Yeah, I just bought Som'ner to get her. But she still makes good trade bait.

Your store should be eligable, as long as it meets:

US and international eligible. The receipt must be printed, contain the entire $60 purchase, must show product or SKU code, the date of the purchase, and an address for store. Absolutely no hand written receipts. Stores may be contacted to verify the purchase. Local currencies accepted, but must equal a $60 value

I'm not sure anybody mentioned it on here, but...Hey, thanks Wyrd for offering any kind of promotion, but especially bad ass promotions like this one!

Sure, sometimes it's a couple extra bucks to buy from your FLGS, but I know it's where I go to play games, meet new nerds and b.s. about all the stuff I love. So with this offer, I get to give money to people who make a game I enjoy the hell out of. I support the guys who pay for the space I typically play it in. And THEN! You guys give me cool stuff for free?

A genuine thanks for yet another symbol of your willingness to not only put up with our collective geeky whining, but to continue to pump life into the gaming community as a whole.

(Sure. I know there are business reasons too, but...still :)

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...