• 1 month later...

I tried the Nico/Mortimer/Sebatian combo the other day and it was gross.  Flinging Rot at Sebastian and having him Transfuse it back onto Mortimer when Nico has the poison heal Aura is gross.  I only did it once but those three extra wounds keep him corpse bloating longer.  Could see him becoming a viable Bodyguard with enough poison on him.  Also, being able to sacrifice Mindless Zombies to get a card and a SS for a 5 of anything is really horrible (and if said Mindless Zombie is in Nico's aura you can get another card for it too).

I tried the Nico/Mortimer/Sebatian combo the other day and it was gross. Flinging Rot at Sebastian and having him Transfuse it back onto Mortimer when Nico has the poison heal Aura is gross. I only did it once but those three extra wounds keep him corpse bloating longer. Could see him becoming a viable Bodyguard with enough poison on him. Also, being able to sacrifice Mindless Zombies to get a card and a SS for a 5 of anything is really horrible (and if said Mindless Zombie is in Nico's aura you can get another card for it too).

Nice one!

• 4 weeks later...

You are not. It needs a crow and a 13. If you have a very bad luck you won't be able to.

But usually you get one of the 13's or the Red Joker which you can use.

Red joker and 13 of crows pops the Hanged right out. The other 3 require you to spend a Soulstone for the crow.

About a lot of stuff you say they can be summoned easily. For example The Hanged. Im not sure how one can summon this model easily, considering you need a 13. Am I missing anything by any chance?

You can cast it on a lower card if you are prepared to eat corpse markers to increase you Ca for the Activation.

Alright, got it. Running Nicodem for the first time tonight or tomorrow. Will buy a couple more models, although I already have quite a bit. But still...

Curious to see how it works out. ^^

Finally got a few games under my belt, and wow summoning with Nico is even better than I expected. If you're not afraid to use a SS to add a crow you can pretty reliably get several good models out in a game, and if you take a 7 SS cache you'll have plenty to use. Just today he and Mortimer got me a Hanged, a Student of Viscera, a Flesh Construct, and a Punk Zombie, all in the first three turns. Not too shabby  ;)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

There seems to be a split in the community on their preferred 2nd Henchmen(or Enforcer) and Totems to take

1. In this thread, and many others, I see Izamu+GY Spirit as the totem and 2nd Henchmen of choice, to tarpit and hold points. This, I assume, is most effective in scenarios like Reconnoiter, Reckoning, and Turf War, where you want to stay put, or murder models. Izamu murders well, and holds up to pressure. 

2. I see Madame Sybelle mostly on the Facebook groups being recommended, as well as hiring a Belle, and summoning more, to move opposing and friendly models around, be more mobile, etc. Squatters Rights may like this since she can Trigger to turn people she smacks with Bleeder Lash into Peons, and Stake a Claim, as she helps Nicodem and his army become much more mobile. Rogue Necromancy in this build is more than ideal due to his Smell Fear that lets him do a (1) MI when an enemy fails a WP duel within 3". Belles have WP duels in spades, so it seems like an obvious choice. 

3. Toshiro. Less popular than the two above, although I wouldnt mind him with either of the others. I've also tried Bete, which works well against shooty lists, but Toshiro further buffs melee and can also summon if need be. He's just less effective at tarpitting. There's always the chance on Hard to Wound that they flip a Red Joker for damage, and he has it in spades. Typically they will be flipping 3 cards, if not 4, against him. His damage spread is slightly worse than Izamu, but he can push on a Trigger. Handing out Fast and Focused is also really useful, but with all of the Buffs you can get with this army, much like the opposing player flipping a Red Joker, you could flip the Black Joker. Punk Zombies, himself, and Izamu will be flipping +1 card from Nicodem, +1 from Toshiro, and +1 from their MI attack. 

the Vulture I dont see being talked about much, but being able to move Corpse tokens seems pretty useful. It's just less of a threat than GY Spirit is, and provides less utility without flipping cards or needing to set up prior. The GY Spirit enters play as a pain in the rear for the opposing player. Vulture needs corpse tokens, Nico, Moritmer (For his Corpse Token explosion skill), etc to be effective.

Anything I'm missing or need to add? I'm fairly new to the game so I'm merely observing after a few games with each.

I find Bete to be a poor choice in summoning lists because you want to use your high cards on summoning rather than saving a 10+ for Bete to be able to do Death Rattles.  Most of what you mention is just personal preference as different people play in different ways but you seem to have a solid grasp of Nico.  Nico & Tosh work very well on strats where models clump up like Turf War/Extraction and even Squatters (where the middle three markers are all in close proximity) as models can benefit from both their :aura  Again don't expect Toshiro to be doing much summoning as Nico is better at it.  Similarly you probably won't use his ability to give out Fast as Nico is better at it although having an extra model that can do it meaning Nico can dedicate his AP elsewhere isn't the worst idea.  However, the buff he can give to Minions, his own fairly decent attack and the fact he is very difficult to put down means that Toshiro is a good all rounder.  Sybelle is always good!

I find Bete to be a poor choice in summoning lists because you want to use your high cards on summoning rather than saving a 10+ for Bete to be able to do Death Rattles.  Most of what you mention is just personal preference as different people play in different ways but you seem to have a solid grasp of Nico.  Nico & Tosh work very well on strats where models clump up like Turf War/Extraction and even Squatters (where the middle three markers are all in close proximity) as models can benefit from both their :aura  Again don't expect Toshiro to be doing much summoning as Nico is better at it.  Similarly you probably won't use his ability to give out Fast as Nico is better at it although having an extra model that can do it meaning Nico can dedicate his AP elsewhere isn't the worst idea.  However, the buff he can give to Minions, his own fairly decent attack and the fact he is very difficult to put down means that Toshiro is a good all rounder.  Sybelle is always good!

I used bete in my last game as it was Reckoning and I felt if she could tie them up and be generally annoying, I could burn Lynch's hand as fast as he burns mine trying to kill Bete and GY Spirit. However, you're right. Besides keeping high cards for Bete, I had to keep high cards for summoning and for cheating to save things. Bad move, but it was in good spirit :)

• Like 2

I really like Bete and feel like I want to like her more but she is expensive at 8SS.  Her theoretically neverending cycle can be nice but you always need to be wary of people who have ways to burn your hand or a BJ ruining your day.  She does put out some lovely damage and is very versatile with her Triggers though.  In smaller games she really shines mind.