Welcome to Malifaux Beginner friendly Event at WGC essex 17th May

dmarkham

Welcome to Malifaux is a 3 round event being held on Sunday the 17th May.

This is a 40ss fixed crew event, which is ideal for newer players as it allows you to just turn up and play with a crew you've made in advance.

Rounds are 2.5 hours, so again gives plenty of time for those getting familiar with the different crews etc.

Schemes and strategies will be announced in advance at least 2 weeks prior to the event.

tickets cost £10 and Include a free meal deal from the bar on the day.

Wayland Games Centre

17 Eldon Way

Eldon Way Industrial estate

Hockley

Essex

ss5 4ad

Further details can be found on the Wayland Games Centre Facebook page.

www.facebook.com/events/816177568470990/

This event designed to give new players a first chance at taking part in a Malifaux event, whist being a different sort of challenge to more experienced players.  Its a great opportunity to try out a new crew and see how well they work in a Fixed environment.  There are a number of new Malifaux players already signed up, so hopefully we will see some of the regular faces too, so we can give them a great intro to the community.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

we have at least half a dozen signed up so far, mainly newer players, which is great to see them getting involved. 

If any more experienced players fancy coming down, trying a new crew perhaps, and helping show the newer players why the malifaux community is so well regarded then it would be great to see you there.

The Schemes and strategy pool has been announced for Welcome to Malifaux

This event uses the rulebook schemes and strategies rather than the gain grounds 2015 ones, as its aimed to allow newer players to take part.  

Schemes and strategies for Welcome to Malifaux

Round 1 Deployment: Standard, Strategy: Reckoning Scheme pool: A line in the Sand, Protect Territory, Bodyguard, Outflank, Deliver a message

Round 2 Deployment: Standard, Strategy: Turf War Scheme pool: A Line in the Sand, Assassinate, Bodyguard, Power Ritual, Frame for Murder

Round 3 Deployment: Standard, Strategy: Reconnoitre

Scheme pool: A line in the Sand, Bodyguard, Breakthrough, Make them suffer, Plant evidence

Round 3 Deployment: Standard, Strategy: Reconnoitre
Scheme pool: A line in the Sand, Bodyguard, Breakthrough, Make them suffer, Plant evidence

There are going to be hand outs on the day with the schemes and Strats for each round on, as well as space to write up your crew list.  If you bring one along we can staple it to the handout instead.

I think we've got around 8 confirmed attendance, but I'm not sure on the actual ticket sales through the website.  I'll have a check this afternoon hopefully when I'm in the office.

Thanks to everyone for coming along.  Great to see we had 5 new Malifaux players taking part and enjoying themselves.  Such a shame to have odd numbers so I had to join in and play games of Malifaux.

Hopefully we will see some of you coming back for Summer Showdown on the 14th June.  Can anyone stop Joe Wood from taking the gold in 3 in a row?

I tried my best to beat Joe in the first game, but made a schoolboy error which certainly hampered me more than usual. Good game though. Also enjoyed my games against James and Jack to finish on one of each result (LDW) and Ressers 2015 shambles ever onward.

Thanks for a good day, but don't think the format of fixed crew was that successful (fixed master and limited pool is better for beginners in my opinion).

Hoping to make it to the next one.