Release Schedule Adjustment

Lucidicide

Wow.

May be time to cancel my preorders, wait until the stock is figured out.

This makes me sad and worried about the future of the game!

Worried about the future of the game? That's more than a bit of an overstatement. There is a delay, things will come out eventually, and then you'll have them. This is why other companies don't put out release schedules.
  • Like 4

Wow.

May be time to cancel my preorders, wait until the stock is figured out.

This makes me sad and worried about the future of the game!

Slight overreaction!  The game seems to be doing very well despite the  delays (some of which are Wyrd's responsibility, some of which aren't).

This is why other companies don't put out release schedules.

Yet Wyrd insists on doing it and making a rod for their own back!

• Like 1

Yeah, it's frustrating not knowing what's happening at all with those things and hope we get an answer.  I desperately want a Rogue Necromancy (or two!) and the Molly box set (though the latter is still down for release).  I've started Infinity as I've run out of Malifaux things to buy!

We'll get back to you. Many of us have been traveling for work and are just getting back to it.

You guys keep doing what you're doing. You all make some amazing miniatures, awesome games, and interact with the community far more actively than any other game company I've ever dealt with. You all seriously rock!

• Like 3

OK, I got the "deets!" Just needed some time in the office.

So we get our cards in big shipments, and the big shipment for these releases arrived in time! ...missing Rogue and Ironsides cards. No idea why, but that's just one of the joys of doing business.

We know that people have been chomping at the bit for the new stuff and we set really aggressive release schedules so that we could get you everything as soon as possible. Unfortunately, this means that any screw ups anywhere in the process meant delays. It's not always something we can help, but it's something we ultimately have to take responsibility for.

SO, Rogue and Ironsides are delayed until we get the cards necessary to complete the boxes. I can speculate when that would be, but of course we might end up in the same boat as we are here.

Just trying to be honest and up front with you all. It sucks it was delayed, but that's the problem with setting aggressive timetables. On the plus side, we're trying to really get ahead this year in general, which means that we should be seeing less and less of this.

Thanks for your understanding, and sorry for the delay.

So what are we getting at Gen Con then? I must know!!! ;)

Thanks for being so upfront and awesome with us, Aaron!

Why not!? :angry:

Aaron loves me and I am a special and beautiful butterfly!

You can choose any two from love, special, and beautiful, but not all 3. Don't be greedy

Apparently I get butterfly for free, so bonus! I choose love and beauty, because people already tell me all the time how "special" I am  ;)

• Like 1

Thanks for the update.  Certainly understand delays; just wanted to know the status when it had apparently changed from "not today".  :)

Any word on Johan, Mech Rider, and the Peacekeeper?  Those guys are also somewhat in a similar limbo now, though their prior release date is still far enough out its hardly pressing information.  Thanks again!

Yet Wyrd insists on doing it and making a rod for their own back!

I'm pretty sure they do "tentative" release schedules because there was a period in time where they did no release schedule at all and we the customer demanded it from them (even if it would be potentially inaccurate due to unforeseen delays).

I do sometimes feel for Wyrd, cause it's impossible to please everyone all of the time, but they do seem to try to please as many people as possible as often as they can.

On a personal point, I've bitched and moaned about their formerly restrictive shipping options (and I believe others have as well), and they finally started using additional shipping options, only for me to be too broke to actually take advantage of the changes.  I'm hoping they keep those new shipping options for Gencon and that I manage to save up enough to show them my thanks cause it appears they do listen.

It's funny and sad that the release schedule complaints can typically boil down to "Wyrd, I want to throw money at you but I can't because of delays, please help" while Wyrd is likely thinking "I wish these delays didn't happen so people could throw money at us..." while probably working on ways (behind the scenes) to make those delays happen less often.

• Like 4

I do sometimes feel for Wyrd, cause it's impossible to please everyone all of the time, but they do seem to try to please as many people as possible as often as they can.

I agree and have said so previously in this thread.  They're damned if they do and damned if they don't.  But I do think other companies do a better job of getting their releases out in time.  I think Wyrd should stop announcing stuff until they know it's 100% ready to go then it's not suspect the various vaguries that can affect such a process.

Bummed to hear about the Rogue Necromancy in particular but still looking forward to a lot of awesome releases.  Annoying thing is I don't even care about the card as I have one but I can understand why they need to wait.

I was planning on ordering the Ironside crew box this weekend, but looks like that will be pushed onto my stack for Gen Con. I was planning on this being my last Wyrd purchase until my Gen Con mountain, but at this point I figure might as well add it to the list and get that much closer to an extra Miss model.

I think Wyrd should stop announcing stuff until they know it's 100% ready to go then it's not suspect the various vaguries that can affect such a process.

I personally like knowing what might be coming so that I can be continually excited about it. But then I'm kind of a masochist, so there's that.

This way I always have something to save for.

• Like 1

It'll get better. I know this because it has been getting better.

We try different things because the community wants it (longer out release times, for example). Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. But hey, it provides for interesting experiments at the least!

• Like 5

I definitely appreciate knowing ahead of time; I'm just used to PP's rather reliable 3 month out announcements.  Definitely nice to know ahead of time, as it keeps me from taking on a big painting project right as something I'm very excited about gets released.

• Like 1

I think Wyrd should stop announcing stuff until they know it's 100% ready to go then it's not suspect the various vaguries that can affect such a process.

Well, you know, they did that. They got a lot of heat in this community because of it. That was only a few months ago, February I believe. If they started doing it your way again, they'd face the same arguments in two or three months again.

Drives me nuts to se the same arguments all over again. I'm just glad not to be in Wyrd's shoes on this one.

My point is that other companies provide release schedules several months in advance and stick to them so it's no unfeasible that Wyrd could do the same.  I don't know how they could get around to that though, the only thing I can think is to make no announcements for months and get a stock ready before they start making announcements or to start doing their own production which is very expensive and difficult to do.

I agree that I'm glad I'm not making the decision.  As above (and above!) they're damned if they do and damned if they don't.  Personally I think it's a little frustrating but only because I want shiny new toys.  It's not a problem to wait.