PanzerFaux I - Event Cancelled

PanzerHarris

Yep, you read that right!

I'm putting my money where my mouth is and running a 3-round event in Rushden, Northamptonshire (postcode NN10 0XH) on Sunday 7 June 2015. Strategies reflect my own love of bloody violence, and there are many trophies up for grabs;

- Winner

- 2nd Place

- 3rd Place

- Most Sporting

- Best Painted Trinity (you enter any 3 Malifaux models that you've painted)

- SMASH Award for most VPs scored!

Crew selection will be slightly different to the norm. Games will be at 53SS (no, that's not a typo, and no, BluTack is not allowed 56SS), and you can go either;

Fixed Faction – you sign up using a fixed faction, and choose your Master and crew from that faction in the normal way.

Trinity – you sign up using any 3 Masters from any faction. At the start of each game, in the ‘declare faction’ step, you must declare to your opponent which 3 Masters you have signed up with. You then select your Master, and pick your crew using their faction.

Dual faction Masters count each faction as a separate choice. For example, you could select Lady Justice (Guild), Tara (Outcast) and Tara (Resurrectionist) as your Trinity, or Lady Justice (Guild), Tara (Outcast) and Lilith (Neverborn). You don't get both factions for one choice.

Strategies will be;

HeadHunter, Close Deployment

Guard the Stash, Flank Deployment

Collect the Bounty, Standard Deployment

Scheme pools will be announced on the day, but can be released to newer players in advance if they would like the help. The draw will also go up on the day. First round grudges will not be accepted.

Tickets will cost £12.50 - this gets you entry on the day, big proper trophies, some swag if I can line it up in time, and all the tea and coffee you can drink. Lunch isn't included but there is a big Tesco literally over the road, a chip shop less than two minutes' walk away and anything else you want within 5 minutes. Payment details are in the pack.

If you can squeeze a table's worth of terrain in the car, it would be much appreciated!

Full rules pack here; https://www.dropbox.com/s/5ar1pnosu1q19t3/PanzerFaux%20Draft.pdf?dl=0

Any questions, please fire away here, on Twitter (@PanzerHarris) or email.

Paid Entrants

1. Leigh Buckett - refunded

2. Tristan Jones - transferring

3. David Brown - transferring

4. Connor Barker - transferring

5. Adam Hutchinson - to be refunded

6. Aron Britchford - refunded

7. Maria Wieland - transferring

8. Adam Smith - refunded

Interested

King of Speling

WakeofGodzilla

Oshova

Lord Joel of Henry

Lethis85

Grez90

FarmerSkittles

KoganStyle

Pierowmaniac

M_Ruckuss

Bob

• Like 1

Welcome to the wonderful world of Malifaux TOing - looking forward to the training run at Cow Wars (as having a Minion is fun). Event added to the calendar.

Availability to be checked, but I can supply terrain either way.

Please clarify if this is fixed faction or trinity of Masters as I'm not clear from the first post.

Welcome to the wonderful world of Malifaux TOing - looking forward to the training run at Cow Wars (as having a Minion is fun). Event added to the calendar.

Availability to be checked, but I can supply terrain either way.

Please clarify if this is fixed faction or trinity of Masters as I'm not clear from the first post.

Have run 40-50 man Warhammer events as part of bigger conventions and shows, but this is my first time as a stand-alone. Always game for a laugh, and looking forward to learning from the master at Cow Wars.

Appreciate the offer of terrain - anything I can blag gratefully received! 

You can choose to either go fixed faction, or trinity. Your choice on the day. :)

After thinking on this, plans have changed.

The draw won't be released in advance, and the scheme pool will only be released to newer players to help them plan what they'll need.

The decision on who counts as a newer player is mine to make, and will be based on game and tournament experience. I'm available for advice and tips for anyone who needs pointers - less noise from the cheap seats about me being a mouthy git who doesn't know anything anyway. ;)

This is due to a lot of interest from new players, and I'd like to try and make it as welcoming as possible to them without meaning they end up even further behind some of the apex predators that will be stalking the halls... :P