Lilith's Tangle Shadow

daniello_s

Question

During last game my opponent used Tangle Shadow on Lilith and put her in base contact with his friendly Teddy and then he placed Teddy in base contact with Lilith (re-positioned Teddy).

Can Lilith use Tangle Shadow on herself to get into base contact with other model within 12''?

21 answers to this question

(1) Tangle Shadows ( Ca: 5 :mask / TN: 14 :mask :mask / Rst: Wp / Rg: 12 ): Place a friendly

model within 6" of Lilith into base contact with the target model. If the friendly
model can be placed, then place the target model in base contact with Lilith and
not touching terrain.

She cannot target herself, but she can choose herself to be the friendly model placed. (She is within 6" of herself) This won't displace the target far.

Ressers are the obvious flith, neverborn are a bit more subtile filth. 

Nah, Gremlins are the obnoxious filth, Ressers are the douche bag filth, Neverborn are the subtle filth. 

Then we move onto Outcasts who are the awesome filth, Guild who are the lawful filth, Ten Thunders who are the Asian filth and finally Arcanists who are mechanized filth. 

• Like 4

Back to Lilith :)

How to counter this ability? Except beating this in the duel of course? Is there any way doing it?

If you can strip her suits from the cast action (Yin, Sonnia, etc) as she needs double mask, so that will mean she would have to use a soul stone + have a high mask in hand to ensure it goes off, or if you have a  :-fate to Ca aura to help protect your guys (Sue) it will mean she is having to Focus to get around the Negative, so that ups your chances as they both act as a major deterrent. 

• Like 1

Back to Lilith :)

How to counter this ability? Except beating this in the duel of course? Is there any way doing it?

It's an incredibly powerful action with tonnes of versatility so if you hear somebody say "I'm going to use Tangle Shadows" you know you want to stop it. Asrian has given you some pretty great advice. Bear in mind as well as requiring a double Mask it's also only Ca 5 so anything with a high Wp and a strong card from you hand will laugh this off. Models such as Lady J's totem, Perdita's Aura Ancestral Upgrade or the Oiran offer a passive +1 Wp buff to friendly models which can help avoid the inevitable beating coming your way if Lilith pulls this off. 

Speaking as a Lilith player, there are potential downsides you can take advantage of, too. The number of times I've Tangle-Shadowed something and then not managed to kill it (due to either a black joker damage flip, or needing to use some AP for set up or focus), and then getting Distracted, or a Message Delivered, or a Cursed Object. or a Blast attack that targets the just-Tangled and now relenting model, that blasts all over Lilith and her Tots.... Yes, it's wicked powerful, but like all wicked powerful effects, there are counters, mitigations, limitations, etc.

Thanks for advises. As an Outcast player I'll have to look at Sue more often although it is hard to bring him all the time when I hear 'I have Neverborn' from the other side of the table :D

Reasons to take Sue:

-Control an area w/ a 3" Burning Ring of Fire 0AP action

- :-fate Flip to Casting 3" aura 0AP Action

-Ability to give your crew Finish the Job from 12" away (Hello Spring the Trap/Plant Explosives)

-Trigger that allows you to destroy Corpse & Scrap Markers up to 12" away (Ressers/Arcanist)

-Decent Shooting & Melee w/ Built in Crit Strike and a  :+fate Flip

-Chance to trigger/kill peons and totems (not always useful, but the threat is there, and it makes Hungering Darkness wet himself)

-Hard to Kill, Immune to Horror Duel Model

-Card Draw (1 card for 1 wound at the end of his activation)

-Because Johnny Cash is a BMF :D

• Like 1