March 16th - Release Schedule

Lucidicide

Collodi isn't supposed to look sinister.  He was originally created to entertain Neverborne children.  He only became "evil" because the humans freaked out at the idea of a talking puppet.

According to Crossroads he was created by humans during the first breach. But I agree that he shouldn't look sinister.

ok, you asked for it!

April:   Ironsides crew, Rogue Necromancy, Desolation Engine, Whiskey Golem

May:  Molly Crew, Brewmaster Crew, Peacekeeper, Ryle, Mechanical rider, Johan

June:  Austringers, Pale Rider, Necropunks, Widow Weaver

Phew!

And that isn't counting this months planned purchases of Leveticus crew and the Dreamer crew.

I am sooooooooooooooooooo  broke.

It will add to the already grey mountain of malifaux minis I have (130+ and rising)

Thankfully I play casual so opponents don't mind..I will paint them all at some point (or get someone to do it!)

I do not appreciate how much better Tara's and Karina model is in the standard box compared to the nightmare box..... no I must not give wyrd more money for it, I have the nightmare box...... I SHALL NOT LOOSE THIS BATTLE OF WILL!
O look Collodi, well there goes the "in case of good models fund", that made it easy.

Well, I like Tara's dynamic new pose so am still considering getting it and using one as her avatar. Not a fan of karina, and I can't really tell how the NB or wretches are different (if at all) except the NB's arms being smaller. A little annoyed that the wretches are recycled, since the other one was a nightmare crew, not a regular crew with some other sculpts, but that's mostly because I was looking forward to potentially running a ton in a silly list.

Brewmaster looks like lotsa' fun.

Ironsides is probably the most tempting of things I was on the fence about.

The new whiskey golem is really cute, though IDK about getting a second of a rare 1.

...Also, someone forgot to draw the rest of Tara's coat.

I think the Nothing is missing a pair of extra arms in the regular box?

I really like the Nightmare static pose of Tara, so this more dynamic pose doesn't make me jealous of it. 

Ironsides....for my birthday! :D

Oh- yep, that's probably the biggest change.

Re: Dynamic Tara, agreed. I like the static pose better, though the claw hand seems better in this version. IDK. If it turns out that people are happy with avatars and they see anything resembling regular play, I'd be interested in a second pose to avatar up. If not, yeah, not jealous of the new set.

Looks like Karina has had a boob job between boxes...

Yeah, her new pose and, umm, physique, are a bit less subtle than the original.

Not fond of the new Karina at all.  Very on the fence about the new Tara, as I think her art is way better, but I can't tell if the sculpt captures it well.  Both I need to see in 360 to know for sure.  NB isn't as cool, but still essentially as cool.  Overall though her much improved design direction has pushed Outcasts further into Ressers than I care for, so the space in my collection I'd been keeping for her might go to Raspy instead.  I've had my toes dipped in Outcasts and Arcanists and I think Ironsides is pushing me in a definitive direction.

Yeah, particularly with the newest releases, I think she's very much stronger as a resser, though I like her fine as either.

I don't even mean that as much as she's now pulling so many more Resser models into Outcasts.  Not that Levi couldn't do it already, but Tara now seems to firmly be standing on the half-Resser side of Outcasts along with Daw, Hamelin, and obviously Levi.  Granted, she's the one that probably should most do so, but that's the half I'm least interested in.

• Like 1

Oh, yeah. That bit. IDK, that line's been blurred since the first book and Leveticus. Not sure why they did it, but apparently some of the necro squad doesn't play well with others.

I keep wishing I could find a good reason to play her as mostly western mercs, but dead marshals run so well with her as line infantry; void wretches are strong scheme runners; and Friekorps fill in most of the gaps best, so it's pretty rare I take any generic mercs with her, despite Sue and the original Ronin being some of my favorite models in the whole line and aesthetically fitting.

• Like 1

I took Tara as my new master because of her weird gameplay mechanic and mostly her Western theme.
I'm currently trying her out with Ressers as I'm mostly playing Molly and I can use some of the models in both crews (horrors, Bete, belles, nurse and Killjoy), but I will definitely try her out with old ronins, sue and some westerny conversions of freikorps.
I hope  Scion of Void is a hellish cowboy or something in western theme...

The big question I have is will I manage to wait until the GenCon sale (like I usually attempt to do) in order to make a big purchase and qualify for cool extras and shinies without having to 'fill in' buy.

Several models I really want: Mech Rider, Ironsides, Molly, Widow Weaver

Several more I'd like Austringers, Pale Rider, Brewmaster

From a 'look' perspective: Love the Oxfordian Mages, Collodi's crew is gorgeous enough to actually tempt me to buy a master I had no plans to own, Molly's crew (glad, I wants).

Neutral on Mech Rider, Pale Rider, Widow Weaver and Austringer standing,

Not so sold on Johan (I have the metal and Johanna anyway), Ryle, Austringer kneeling (the horror one leg super fragile raptor..)

Overall pleased and looking forward to several new crews and a few new models or old metals I dislike (Mech Rider) being updated.

I was on the fence for so long as to which way I wanted to go with Lucius, but Collodi's box is really tempting me towards Neverborn.

Austringers also being released doesn't help my predicament :P

e: It seems that I'm the only one that prefers the metal Mech Rider to the plastic one. I might be biased because I already have her though!

Wowza... some really good stuff there. At first I was like "i'm so glad i got a nightmare whiskey golem" but then thought "this one looks so much easier to transport. >8)

Molly and Ironsides looks soooo good and those riders are great. Austringers are particularly sweet too.

Weird how absolutely everything in collodi's crew is considerably more interesting than he is. ;) He just might be the most boring model in the game - gonna have to do something about that - already have one boring collodi - time for some conversion!

• Like 1

Wowza... some really good stuff there. At first I was like "i'm so glad i got a nightmare whiskey golem" but then thought "this one looks so much easier to transport. >8)

Why do you need to transport it? Do you mean that you would take it in a crew because I thought you played only optimal stuff and Whiskey Golem really doesn't fit the bill.

I was on the fence about Tara's crew, but the long legged dancing tara and big boobed dancing karina turned me right off. I really don't like how this long legged thing is becoming a common style for Malifaux miniatures.

Ryle is also a big disappointment, but then that was expected from the art in the book.

Whoever came up with the kneeling austringer needs to find a new job. The way the raptor is attached to the austringer's arm, and the general pose overall, shows the creator has no idea what he's doing. In complete contrast, the standing austringer looks amazing.

Fortunately, the minis I'm actually interested in getting (Molly's crew, Collodi's crew, and Widow Weaver) all look really good and I can't wait to get them. As for the rest, most are perfectly ok as they are, but I do hope these previews were released early enough that they can be modified before being sent off to be cast. Otherwise it's going to be a case of "ah, everybody hates them, oh well it's too late to do anything about it now".

I had to go and see the Austringer everyone talks about. The kneeling Austringer looks somehow undead to me. With a really weird pose unsuiting for an Austringer that doesn't do anything in melee. Also the raptor looks like a scared chicken now that I look at it. Wow. That's a really bad model.

Ryle really is quite ridiculous. The muscles aren't really even muscles rather than huge lumps of something. It lacks all detail as well.

The Mech Rider actually is growing on me a lot. Not a fan of the art because of the face but the sculpt. Is a lot better. Pale Rider too. It's a really good sculpt.

I think majority of these really hit home. The crooligans are so good, that even though I have them in metal I'm gonna get them anyway. Especially the girl. That is with certainty among the best models of Malifaux looking at the render. So eerie, sad and disturbing. The other two are great as well.