Old boosters compatbility

It sort of depends. The Cards will not be compatible with Unstitched but the models can be if you dont mind a bit of differential scale. The plastics are quite a bit larger. The cards can be pulled from the Puppet Wars website with some work. Unfortunately though, the metal boosters are the only method of getting hold of some of the Puppets (that aren't available in plastic at all). I am hopeful that at some point Unstitched will at least receive enough attention to place it in a finished state instead of the half-assed form it currently resides in.

Personally I recommend getting the metal boosters where you can and just playing the original version until such time as Puppet Wars receives some much needed attention. Perhaps that will happen after this Gencon when Malifaux hopefully takes a break to let the dust settle on all the new interactions that are being introduced before introducing another hundred or so.

• Like 1

Puppet wars unstitched really feels like it's dead on it's tracks right now. :(

You could add a few other Wyrd products to that list as well...Evil Baby Orphanage, Showdown, King of Artifice, Jet Pack Unicorn and Terraclips which is more than dead though has not been pronounced so by competent authority. To a lesser extent Through the Breach also occupies some space here since it has a bunch of semi development promises from the kickstarter to fulfill still.

I really do hope that Wyrd devotes some attention to these other brands once this Malifaux play test concludes. EBO is a fun little game that is at least begging for one more expansion that sends babies the opposite way of the Orange triangle (the next logical introduction to the game). Showdown could use a few more decks...King of Artifice could use a good look too as it hasn't been well received, perhaps a second edition that improved game play introducing more viable play options. Jet Pack Unicorn could probably use some additional development since once you have run thru the game once or twice it really loses its luster (even when played as a drinking game). Terraclips...well at least pronounce it dead.

This will also benefit Malifaux by allowing the massive backlog of models to catch up with development (There are still models from the first book awaiting release). It will also allow the countless power interactions that are lying under the surface currently to shake out in organized play over the year or so before introducing even more to the mix. I feel the current growth plan is unsustainable and will only result in damaging the brand.

My opinions as always...

The other thing to remember is that the old metal puppets are also compatible with Malifaux (as long as you put them on the right bases) and can be bought cheap. Most of the old metal puppets were pretty good looking models too. I have a couple of them that I bought, painted up, and added to my Malifaux collection.

I actually prefer my painted metal Marcus puppet to my painted original version, and it is just fun to use the killer snowman Ice Golem puppet in place of the other sculpts!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

If you purchase the old edition, aside from the new Puppet Stats you will also need the new Books to play Unstitched. The two games really are quite different and a lot of things that are present in the original game are not in Unstitched.

Personally I prefer the original version as it was a much more cerebral experience than Unstitched but there are others that prefer the opposite (having both versions will allow you to choose for your self).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Looks like they might be migrating it to the main site. It might take a bit as it is yet anther thing in the cue and also a game that hasn't really received much attention in quite a while. Here is the direct link (when it comes back up) Puppet Wars

Edited by Omenbringer

• 3 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...