What are you listening to?

Oh and the atrocity that came from Scandinavia that is Opera Metal or hell even H.I.M. (AKA Love Metal) Should?! COME ON MAN!

When did I say this? I did not. I do agree with you. Love metal is a like a chocolate pudding with a cock in it. Should not happen.

Oh and Skindred.

Skindred are loads of fun!  I can't count the number of times I've seen them as they used to play all the local shows back in the day.

Reggae + metal should not exist. It's like a good steak and a spoonful of shit shouldn't be on the same plate.

Nah, Skindred are ace!  I'm sure that there's other ones out there that have pulled it off (and some like P.O.D. that have sorta tried and failed miserably!).

When did I say this? I did not. I do agree with you. Love metal is a like a chocolate pudding with a cock in it. Should not happen.

I know you didn't. I blame Finland for not keeping Ville Valo locked up in a cage and buried with the artifacts from Indiana Jones! :D

Too be fair Japan have THE worst.... Baby Metal... Google it. I wont taint these forums with their filth. 

I don't think your food metaphors will do anything to impress the Brit. He's tasted worse. And liked it.

British Cuisine is fantastic, I'm just a common peasant. I'll even eat a Donner Kebab when I'm sober! We do have some weird food though. Black Pudding and Haggis being primary offenders. Damn tasty though!

I know what baby metal is..

I'll rephrase that. I have no idea what baby metal is but I have seen their video on YouTube for about 20secs. Just. No.

Agreed, some common ground, Baby Metal should be branded illegal! Saying that Maximum the Hormone are pretty damn good and they are a Japanese Metal band. Abingdon Boys School are also pretty epic for a Japanese band. 

I have been an avid machine head fan for years but the latest album does absolutely nothing for me. Except make me steer away from it.

Haha, and I thought it as one of their top three albums, actually. Really like it!

OK, what have I been listening to lately? Samael is one of my all-time favourite bands and I think that Eternal is my favourite record from them. Check out the beat on this one:

Solstafir is amazing and Otta is one of their strongest records to date. And the music video for the opening track is one of the best music videos I've seen in a long time:

And since those are so mainstream and I've got to keep up my UG cred, Tusan Homichi Tuvota from Indukti's Idmen album. The lyrics are amazing and based on a Hopi tribe folk tale:

Now, for a real treat (only half serious). Knorkator are a nonsense band, and they are hilarious (they once competed for Germany's place in the ESC; pity they didn't get it). If you know some German, the lyrics are the best thing since sliced bread, or however that idiom goes. (I don't get the appeal of sliced bread, to be honest.)

British Cuisine is fantastic, I'm just a common peasant. I'll even eat a Donner Kebab when I'm sober! We do have some weird food though. Black Pudding and Haggis being primary offenders. Damn tasty though!

+1 to sober Donner Kebab.  Love them!  Black Pudding is amazing but I'm not a fan of haggis.  This could be a derailment of a thread that's partly here to stop derailment of other threads ...

For crazy Japanese music check out Mad Capsule Markets.  Not sure if they're still around but some of their songs are actually quite fun.

And for odd metal Austrian Death Machine and ArnoCorps.  Both bands dedicated to the work of the ex-Governor of California himself!

Really? What did you find so good in Bloodstone?

I think that the opening track is a bit difficult and sets the tone a bit weird but otherwise I found the album just really solid.

I thought that they have been evolving on their latest three albums and this is sort of the culmination. The Blackening I found somewhat meandering and it seemed like they were searching for this new style, Unto the Locust was a lot closer but still not quite there but then on Bloodstone they found what they had been looking for.

There's a great atmosphere and a sense of non-whiny agony throughout the album yet the songs are all sort of to the point.

Now, for a real treat (only half serious). Knorkator are a nonsense band, and they are hilarious (they once competed for Germany's place in the ESC; pity they didn't get it). If you know some German, the lyrics are the best thing since sliced bread, or however that idiom goes. (I don't get the appeal of sliced bread, to be honest.)

I think the sliced bread thing is in reference to you don't have to cut it yourself!

Perfect for lazy blighters..

Typical Malifaux painting music - 

Lana Del Rey - Ultraviolence (Money, Power, and Glory was particularly inspiring while I worked on my Viks)

The Pretty Reckless - Going to Hell

Tom Waits - Blood Money, Alice, Mule Variations, Real Gone, and Bad as Me, in particular

The Birthday Massacre - Walking with Strangers, and Superstition, usually

The Rolling Stones - just about anything

I think that the opening track is a bit difficult and sets the tone a bit weird but otherwise I found the album just really solid.

I thought that they have been evolving on their latest three albums and this is sort of the culmination. The Blackening I found somewhat meandering and it seemed like they were searching for this new style, Unto the Locust was a lot closer but still not quite there but then on Bloodstone they found what they had been looking for.

There's a great atmosphere and a sense of non-whiny agony throughout the album yet the songs are all sort of to the point.

I found Unto the Locust just merged into one as there was nothing really distinctive about any of the tracks.  But I really like The Blackening which I thought was a return to form.  Their best album is Burn My Eyes though, absolutely fantastic from start to finish.