Another intro

Otylia

Hi Everyone - Thought I'd throw in a formal introduction :)

Years ago, I used to do some GW gaming - but really I was most interested in it for the painting and eventually fell out of the hobby all together.  Recently I decided I really wanted to get back into painting minis, but didn't want to paint 20 of the same guy at a time.  So I started looking around at skirmish level games and loved what I saw in Malifaux - INCREDIBLE minis, addictive fluff, and a pretty novel game system.

So here I am, getting to know the community and the gameplay, catching up on fluff, deciding on a master (I was thinking Pandora/Neverborn, but the more I read the more characters I fall in love with... McMourning, Lucius, Gremlins....), and brushing the cobwebs off my painting skills with some old bloodbowl characters a buddy of mine had.  Oh - and being incredibly incredibly inspired by some of the incredible talents I've seen on the boards already!

Welcome to Malifaux!

Yeah, it's an awesome game. It's good that you dig into the reading material before you decide on a Master. Many people wouldn't have the patience. I can see, however, that it doesn't mitigate the core problem: Every model is so cool that one wants them all.

Have fun on the forums!

(0) Welcome to Malifaux!

Like the other stooges said, feel free to ask questions if you need those. Don't worry about picking your starter master, you will collect them all in no time. 

And don't worry about thread derailment, that happens all the time.

god_damn_right_breaking_bad.gif

• Like 1

How does every thread I read have you two hashing it up? lol

On topic: welcome! Having read the Neverborn story for the next book recently, it made me like Pandora a lot more. A solid choice.

Hehe, I managed to dodge the bullet on this one! 

Pandora is getting new fluff?! That is awesome! I've been eyeing her up recently myself. A friend picked her up and she's incredibly fun yet frustrating to play against. She keeps you on your toes a lot! You'll have a laugh playing with her

How does every thread I read have you two hashing it up? lol

I have no explanation. It just... kind of... happens.

Having read the Neverborn story for the next book recently, it made me like Pandora a lot more. A solid choice.

That is evil! Foreshadowing without spilling is evil.

Also

backpain-1292835351.jpg

Well you guys are just no help at all. Otylia shows up wanting to play Neverborn and here we are, 12 replies in, and no one is trying to convert them? They even gave you both a way in.

Kids these days...

You trying to provoke the Guild?

I was just about to explain how Lucius would be a great second Master, and a shoe in for a more righteous faction...

;)

Thanks for the warm welcomes, the Walter White meme, and the fluff teaser!!  

Looking forward to getting into things more and more...

And in that vein - Can anyone tell me a bit about VASSAL?  I've seen some references around the threads but I don't know much about it.

Vassal is module where you can play Malifaux with all the models made. It's a great testing ground for trying out models you are looking to buy or just to play against people around the world. It's a great platform and Malifaux transforms there really well. 

Totally, Vassal is a fairly simple and easy to learn program that wargamers can use to play each other online. The Malifaux Module gives you every model in the game available as well as a bunch of cool maps and you can get cracking. zFiend and I use it from time to time to humiliate each other or ourselves whilst we play test new Masters, models or combo's against each other which wouldn't normally be possible as I live in England and he's a filth mongering viking from Finland :D

It's fairly simple, quick to learn and doesn't take that much longer than a regular game so long as you have access to a mic and aren't drunk half the time although I shan't be mentioning any names as to who I'm referring to ;)

It's fairly simple, quick to learn and doesn't take that much longer than a regular game so long as you have access to a mic and aren't drunk half the time although I shan't be mentioning any names as to who I'm referring to ;)

Hint: The drunk one starts with an M.