March 2nd - Mah

Lucidicide

No

As a customer I'm disappointed to see a response like this. Scale is a problem that Wyrd seemingly doesn't know how to fix and responses like this make me think that you don't care either. It's strange as every CAD program I've ever used has easy to use measuring and scaling tools built right in and yet even still we wind up with models clearly out of scale with one another.  And then when a customer expresses displeasure with this state of affairs it's treated publicly as fodder for a joke, instead of taken as an opportunity to admit fault and promise to work towards solving the problem.

• Like 1

As gremlins aren't real, they are always in scale. Everything is always in scale.

A fair point, however I'd predict that a consensus of opinion would have the three models (or at least the lass and Trixie) considered to look "right" if they match the Bayou Boss models and not the Kin models.  I think Ma could go either way (big or little).

On the other hand, many more people cursed a blue streak (myself included) at assembling the Bayou Gremlis vs the Kin models, so looks aren't everything.

As a customer I'm disappointed to see a response like this. Scale is a problem that Wyrd seemingly doesn't know how to fix and responses like this make me think that you don't care either. It's strange as every CAD program I've ever used has easy to use measuring and scaling tools built right in and yet even still we wind up with models clearly out of scale with one another.  And then when a customer expresses displeasure with this state of affairs it's treated publicly as fodder for a joke, instead of taken as an opportunity to admit fault and promise to work towards solving the problem.

Meh, I don't mind the joke.  It's not like he hasn't seen the same message in at least ten other threads.  The proof is in the pudding as they say.  If gremlin models continue to get bigger and bigger, people will be less and less interested in them.

Everyone is welcome to voice their displeasure. When it is done in all caps, larger font, bolded, and in red, it doesn't have quite the same connotations of constructive criticism. So I addressed it in the tone it seemed to be in, which was amused.

We have acknowledged scale issues and we have worked to address them in numerous ways (in cases like the old Viktorias, we remade the sprues; in other cases, we have changed our processes to ensure that things don't come out in the wrong scale). We have admitted fault in places, we have worked to address issues.

If you think we don't care about scale, you are greatly mistaken.

• Like 3

They have addressed the problem in the past, to be fair. We cannot really expect them to break out in apologetic tears everytime someone mentions it.

I for one found it funny.

• Like 1

After the ronin debacle it seems the only response to scale I've seen has been either "it's a feature"(big death marshal, giant samurai, oversize victim on Frankenstein) or "ehhhh, they're not specifically made for malifaux but for the spin off game based on it so we don't feel like changing it"(female multi-part). If there has been another response to the scale issue I've missed it.

what I haven't missed is the general frustration among players in regards to the seemingly unanswered problem, as is evidenced in yet another locked thread currently hanging out towards the top of miniature matters on this very forum.

I'm not looking for apologetic tears but a little bit of respect would nice. "Sorry about the troubles in the past but we've double checked these ones and they should be issue free"

Boom, simple and without the snark.

• Like 1

I'm sorry if you feel that scale issues have not been addressed. I can assure you that many steps have been taken, both in our processes and our overall quality control. We've heard the community many times over and, as I said, taken steps to ensure scales people are more happy with in the future.

I think you'll find that our newest releases are both better in scale and better in pieces. I think you will continue to see that trend going forward, as I have seen it in things we have in the warehouse.

We, as a company, care an immense amount about our customers and their concerns. I think that you'll find that many of us go out of our way, off the clock, to continue interacting with the community. We read a lot of commentary, and I can assure you that Nathan gets tired of me coming into his office to tell him about the latest issue someone has had, but I continue to do it (and, for the record, he wants me to do it -- sometimes it's just frustrating to know you're not making everyone happy).

I think our level of interaction with the community across multiple platforms shows just how much we care about our customers. I think our business practices and steps we've taken in process improvement continues to show an ongoing effort to improve and make the highest quality product we can. We are all very passionate people, and we care about what the community has to say.

Did I have some snark to that one poster? Yes, but he also took it exactly in the way I intended it: as a joke. I think you'll find in any serious thread about scaling issues that I have never made light of these problems. At the end of the day, we all come onto the forum to enjoy ourselves and talk to other people. Sometimes, this means that I'm going to make a joke or two, too. I apologize if this one upset you, as it certainly wasn't my intent.

All that said, the best response I have to your concerns is: look at everything we're doing going forward and you be the judge. Actions will always speak louder than words (and I can talk pretty loudly). We are here for the community overall, and we will always do our best to make things better and better. We love this game, too.

• Like 4

I think you'll find that our newest releases are both better in scale and better in pieces. I think you will continue to see that trend going forward, as I have seen it in things we have in the warehouse.

Does this mean that all future beards will come attached to their respective faces!?  ;)

Did I have some snark to that one poster? Yes, but he also took it exactly in the way I intended it: as a joke. I think you'll find in any serious thread about scaling issues that I have never made light of these problems. At the end of the day, we all come onto the forum to enjoy ourselves and talk to other people. Sometimes, this means that I'm going to make a joke or two, too. I apologize if this one upset you, as it certainly wasn't my intent.

Keep the snarkiness coming, it makes the world far more interesting!

I know my models wouldn't have eyes. My carpet would have thousands though.

Yeah, exactly. (Don't have a carpet, though.) Also, one eyed models would start to be a thing, and I'd be getting practice at modelling eye patches from green stuff.